It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Does it really matter? Lots of departments have been caught lying through their teeth, trying to cover their own asses. A lot of times they would get away with it, if it wasn't for a video camera that tells the truth. Courts tend to side with the word of the police, over anyone else's word, without extra evidence to tip the scale.
edit on Wed, 25 May 2011 18:11:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Does it matter?..not really except the poster stated it as if they were the same dept....I was just looking for clarity

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Does it really matter? Lots of departments have been caught lying through their teeth, trying to cover their own asses. A lot of times they would get away with it, if it wasn't for a video camera that tells the truth. Courts tend to side with the word of the police, over anyone else's word, without extra evidence to tip the scale.
edit on Wed, 25 May 2011 18:11:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

But there is scale tipping evidence. Ask to be shown the video footage taken by the SWAT team. Why? Because all SWAT team members wear cameras for post analysis.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Has anyone asked to see it?Is there,proof positve,footage to see?..Just because "SWAT teams wear camers" doesnt mean THIS SWAT team had them...they are expensive and not all teams have them...ours dont....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That would be a great thing, but I somehow doubt that the footage will make it into the public, without a leak. Call me cynical lol.

Police have been caught lying again and again, I can no longer just take them at their word. Same with politicians, same with lawyers.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Police have been caught lying again and again, I can no longer just take them at their word. Same with politicians, same with lawyers.

Of course so do witnesses, people involved in criminal activity, the press, etc.

I see no more reason to believe the woman's side of the story than the police.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

According to their report, which I don't trust whatsoever... Did you see the police's official response to picking up and tagteam tripping that wheelchair dude on his face? Yeah, they are not honest too often, covering their asses is their first priority.

But you put credence in this one, poorly-reported, clearly biased article?

I just dont understand how you can be skeptical of only one side.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Has anyone asked to see it?Is there,proof positve,footage to see?..Just because "SWAT teams wear camers" doesnt mean THIS SWAT team had them...they are expensive and not all teams have them...ours dont....

If you have the will and desire to investigate then by all means investigate. Your string of questioning is moot.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Basically, this entire thread is a demonstration in critical-thought FAIL.

There are very few facts, just speculation, and yet everyone seems to blindly be accepting one version of the story.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just wanted to add LEO involved with the case say, candidly to another LEO, that Guerena was not a simple war hero gone bad but a VERY bad guy. I can't verify it and he's not saying any more so I'll just have to wait and see how the story plays out. I am pretty sure the wife is lying about what happened.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A service member, killed by someone he was protecting, for doing something illegal, in the land of the free? Maybe we're not so free afterall.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here is footage to validate the claim that all SWAT team members were wearing helmet cams.

www.youtube.com...

This is actual footage from the assault on this mans home. Getting the actual helmet cam footage will be somewhat difficult and timestakingly annoying. You have what you need with this. The rest is up to you.

edit on 27-5-2011 by emberscott because: added something

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Nevermind that the video you posted supports much of what the SWAT team is saying: sirens were used, they knocked repeatedly and announced they were serving a warrant, it was broad daylight, POLICE was clearly visible on their vests. Yet still Guerena met them with a loaded rifle and expressed hostile intent.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Nevermind that the video you posted supports much of what the SWAT team is saying: sirens were used, they knocked repeatedly and announced they were serving a warrant, it was broad daylight, POLICE was clearly visible on their vests. Yet still Guerena met them with a loaded rifle and expressed hostile intent.

Too true. You should read the comments on the video at the link. People are too stupid if they think this serves their side of the story. YOU CAN HEAR THE FREAKING SIRENS! This guy met the cops with an assault rifle even after they came to his door with sirens blaring. How ANYONE can claim this was a 'no-knock' procedure is beyond me. I guess they just believe whatever lies serve their own pre-determined opinions.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I cant comment on the why's and how's.. but this man had served two tours in a warzone that probably resembled hell, the SWAT team should not have gone in the way they did it was bound to escalate..you cannot treat a well trained soldier the same way you would treat some low life drug dealer scum bag, these guys are trained to fight, force with force, wrong tactics.. plain and simple.. the way the SWAt team acted it was going to only end one way.. the wrong way..
edit on 5/27/2011 by nosmokinggun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nosmokinggun

All due respect, how is a soldier that has fought a foreign war, any different than a person that has grown up in a war torn ghetto domestically? Maybe you think there is a difference, there really isn't. The only difference is the declared reason for the war. People that have grown up in a war torn place like Iraq, is no different than a person that grew up in a war torn place like the ghettos of our cities. The only difference is we have heard a lot more about the war in Iraq, than we have heard about the war in the ghettos of our own cities. And those wars have een raging since way before the first desert storm.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So, the wife claims the police didnt knock or have their sirens on. The video clearly shows they did both.

And you people still believe her side of the story??????????

I guess you dont let facts get in the way of your pre-determined hate of cops.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
So, the wife claims the police didnt knock or have their sirens on. The video clearly shows they did both.

And you people still believe her side of the story??????????

I guess you dont let facts get in the way of your pre-determined hate of cops.
You are,of course,correct...but this one issue is a perfect example of what is worng with the moyth breathers on this site....with a plain viedo showing sirens,knocking on doors,broad daylight,etc...the STILL say"yeah..well...."....if you get in the way of a mouthbreathers,or koolaid drinkers,they will ignore you and step all over you to get their version of the "truth" out there...yell louder

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
the Government and the banks are making money on the way in
law enforcement makes the value go up
its all a racket
drugs are bad?
why is the govevrnment and the banks in charge of importing it/them?
why don't you cops bust them..
on no you won't
you don't have the parts

the southwest border authority in arizona get their meth right from the army
and peddle that out through the snitch community
and that is how they score MAJOR confiscation WEALTH

Any one remember the CIA rendition plane that whent down in Mexico last year?
what four TONNES of uncut blow headed north...
ran out of freakin gas over mexico.

Then there is the judge convicted of stocking his private jail to order with the right job descriptions

Also wachovia and wells fargo just got nailed for drug laundering
and only got fined a fraction of the money they made
like three percent!

then you have the troops admittedly guarding the opium in afghanistan
there was AIR AMERICA flying in the smack in Vietnam
Iran contra
noriega nationalizing the banks with all the US drug money in them....

that Utube Katrina vid of the 6 big bubba cops taking that little ol ladies pop gun that wan't even loaded
PILE ON THE RABBIT

I have one conviction
it cost the chief of police his job
he bragged about the major bust to the whole town
and then lied in court to get the conviction....

then the forensic report came back late from the lab
NO ANALYZABLE SUBSTANCE FOUND
empty shopping bags stuffed into empty shopping bags
ARE NOT DOPE

and they entered two places without resonable cause.

and they missed the dope dealer who lived next door

bye bye doood
back to teaching police college for you

but all you soldiers take note
big sis has declared you the enemy
and she represents the same government fighting with the same people that were killing the coalition forces all over the middle east.
who are fighting gadaffi....al cia duh

because he has a no debt based bank and has a highly successsfull country financially
they missed him too and killed his familly....several times

thats the way we role in America these days

edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: PS they are lootin cop pensions too...just like everyone elseit don't pay to be a minion

edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So no one has check the blips yet. The audio sync desync resync blip blip yet? You would make comments for authenticity of the footage. Make comments how the footage supports the police story but you won't check the audio sybc desync resync? shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join