It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

State overrides federal law......
Especially when the federal law is not within the confines of the constitution. Read some books why don't you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Well I partley agree. The police should be reserved to fight actual crime and clean up the streets not fight the war on drugs. That is a totally different argument in and of itself.

Until the law is repealed, you should not blame the police for enforcing the law that the people enact.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The alleged mistake would be in the investigation that led to his residence mistakenly.

I have no problem with the police shooting someone holding a rifle at them during the execution of a search warrant.

But, it has not been revealed one way or another yet. So you should reserve your judgement for after it is discovered if it was a mistake or not.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by TKDRL

You were not there. So you do not know what actually happened.

If they have POLICE written on them anywhere then you should drop the gun, lay on the floor with your hands on your head. If it is a mistake, then it will be discovered and you will be awarded money and the officers will be punished.

If you are breaking the law, then sure grab a gun. You will not make it to trial.

I don't wear my glasses to bed and would be considered legally blind (next).

You come into my house in the AM unannounced I am going to shoot you as castle doctrine allows. Answer me this. Why not first try to diffuse a potential confrontation instead of insuring it? Surround the house and call ahead. What tactical advantage have you lost. Alerted the one guy in the house (you have been casing it) to the 8 to 20 guys surrounding the place. I bet you give up. These confrontations are unnecessary and are fueling what is coming.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Just a grunt following policy gets gunned down by other grunts just following policy?

I can live with that. If it means all of these grunts will cannibalize themselves on their own policy and leave the rest of us alone.

Lets hope these SWAT guys get their own policy before they can harm another 92 year old woman as in the post above.

She shouldn’t have been selling drugs and she shouldn’t of fired first...Period!
May she rest in peace, hopefully in her next life she will no better then to sell drugs to her own people at that age

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah coming from someone that lives in DC...

Wow go to hell dude.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Change your title to Marine..no such thing as an ex-marine unless he is dishonorably discharged...one a marine always a marine

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Just a grunt following policy gets gunned down by other grunts just following policy?

I can live with that. If it means all of these grunts will cannibalize themselves on their own policy and leave the rest of us alone.

Lets hope these SWAT guys get their own policy before they can harm another 92 year old woman as in the post above.

She shouldn’t have been selling drugs and she shouldn’t of fired first...Period!
May she rest in peace, hopefully in her next life she will no better then to sell drugs to her own people at that age

good lord man?! you see what you want to see....i get it.

not only did she NOT sell drugs...nevermind...i wont waste time with you.

originally posted by chrismarco]Change your title to Marine..no such thing as an ex-marine unless he is dishonorably discharged...one a marine always a marine

star for you!!
edit on 13-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The thing that is SO OBVIOUS is that "no-knock" assault raid searches are COMPLETELY INDISTINGUISHABLE from criminal home invasions, to the innocent person whose house is "searched" by mistake.

The sad part? There are absolutely NO CONSEQUENCES for the police when they *mistakenly* raid an innocent persons house and then kill them when they are trying to defend themselves in the CHAOS.

It is no small surprise that if the Police don't suffer from making these mistakes, then there is NO REASON for the police to improve their procedures.

In short, this opens a "loophole" for the Police departments to create their own execution squads. The Sheriff has a political enemy? Ooops, we mistakenly targeted your house for a no-knock assault raid search warrant, and OOPS, we accidently shot you in the head during the process.

Police=Judge, Jury, & Executioner.

How convenient.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Well think of this smart guy. The cops screwed up and hit the wrong house.... The dead guy had no reason to thing a bunch of armed people rushing his property was cops, you dig? Who in their right mind, is not going to get their gun at this point? Oh the morons that don't own guns and are reaching for the phone instead. Newsflash, they would have shot the guy with the phone too.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

do you want us to feel sorry for a man who didnt think about going to another country to kill??? an eye for an eye the bible says--live by the sword, die by the sword--he deserved what he got for being stupid and going to kill for the rich elete, now if any of you have any guts, go find a pig

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

So basically you want me to fill sorry for a stranger huh ?
edit on 13-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I can partly agree with that. They should fully disclose exactly what happened so people can not jump to conclusions like most here.

One could argue that releasing some information would jeopardize an investigation into other parts of the drug organization. I would argue that if it were my decision I would release the information to prove to people the police were justified and screw the current investigation. But I am not making the decisions in this case.

No holding a gun in your house does not justify the police killing you. I would say a reasonable person would assume men in tactical gear that says POLICE on it would assume it was the police.

link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Please dont ! Because reality isnt your strong point in life...is it?

link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Life must be bliss for you. Believing everything you hear. WOW. I remember those days. I think I was 5.

Did you bother to look up the situation with the elderly woman?

The cops involved pleaded guilty. Only after desperately trying to cover their asses.

How is any of that hard to believe? It's fact. It happened. It's record. They admitted to it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Now this is an ignorant, hate-filled, statement to make.

Because he was in a war, he deserved to die?

Honestly, do you really believe that this was deserved retribution?

Mods, these type of posts don't deserve space in the forums.

You live by the sword you die by the sword...Period !

Im so efing glad you could grace us with your verdict internet conspiracy website forum poster.

gtfoh

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by dalan.

The citing of opinion from a BRITISH philosopher and former member of parliament hardly makes a law unconstitutional.

I did not use the quote to lend any credence to the fact that the drug laws are unconstitutional. I could use the Federal Papers for something like that. But the quote from On Liberty sums up my feelings regarding the freedom of human beings quite well. Regardless whether the man was British or American is irrelevant to me. Great Britain and America used to be beacons of freedom for people all over the world.

And his "opinion" is absolutely correct.

Although I agree that drug laws are "legislating morality," they are none the less laws of the land passed by the people of that land.

Yes I completely agree with you, but the drug laws are unconstitutional, and because of Federal case law, any unconstitutional law, even if it is practiced and enforced...is still void and holds no authority.

The only reason as to why the drug laws have stuck, as I have mentioned, is because the American people that disagree with them are simply outgunned.

All of this before the true facts of what happened really emerge. You are jumping to conclusions. If he is exonerated, then yes it was a mistake and something needs to be done.

Yes, I understand what you mean about jumping to conclusions, but I was not really commenting on the OP's article in my posts. I do not know whether or not the Cops were justified in slaying the man, and until we have further evidence I would not state an opinion.

If he is found to be a part of a conspiracy to break the law, then he should have surrendered and not been holding a weapon.

And I do agree. Holding a weapon during a Police raid is probably the dumbest thing that you could do. I would like to find out if he actually was holding a weapon, of if that's just what the Police will claim.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I hope one day a stupid SWAT team raids the wrong house.

The house of a paranoid who rigged his house with C4, so he can hit the "kill switch" upon a home invasion, *right after* he drops down the emergency escape hatch next to his bed.

SWAT team go bye-bye. "Sorry, my bad! I thought you guys were the bad guys." ---

edit on 13-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

They have to say it. If they dont. They should be locked up. But my assumption is that they did. That is kind of greenhorn mistake if they didnt. And they all would be in risk of losing their jobs. Why take that risk in not annoucing yourself? Simply put, they stated who they were. Now, did the deceased hear it? Who knows.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You are not separating the two situations.

If you are going to relate this to yourself then so will I.

If you are a drug dealer then shame on you for putting your family in that type of position. Illegal drugs are still illegal and the police are bound by duty to investigate and prosecute those who possess them.

If you are not a criminal then when the SWAT team approaches your house in tactical gear that says POLICE on it yelling POLICE SEARCH WARRANT, please drop the gun, trust it is the police, sue and accept the nice settlement they offer you.

Simple as that. No slap required.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join