It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

takes a long time to close the browser and not look back i guess.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Are you people seriously arguing over a Thompson vs an AR15? This is not the point of this story.

The point of this story is a man, a husband, a father is DEAD because he decided to protect his home.

We were not there. We do not know if the police identified themselves. But i've seen plenty of videos where SWAT come in the early hours of the morning, bang on the door once then kick it down and yell "SWAT" as they fire off rounds.

Who's to say that isn't what happened here? Who's to say that this team didn't hit the wrong address? The police sure are hesitant to release any real info regarding this incident. They changed their story once or twice already. But where is a copy of the warrant? Where is proof that anything was found? If this PD can't provide even a sliver of evidence against this soldier then my thoughts are that they have none.

Someone said something like "oh what if he just raped some girl". Well... wouldn't the police say that is why they went in? No, they said they were serving a Narcotics Search Warrant.

Again I will state, the wife saw them, freaked out and her husband grabbed a gun to protect his family. It has been stated in a redact from the PD that the mans AR15 was NOT fired. Which again I will say means he either realized they were PD and didn't fire, or he didn't even get a chance to fire.

He may have had his weapon drawn, saw it was the police and lowered it. But I'll bet you a shiny penny that the cops shot anyway. I live in NY, and there are too many incidents of cops shooting people, not for even having a gun, but thinking there was a gun.

I am confused as to why some of you think it was "OK" for the cops to fire when they felt threatened by this mans rifle, but not ok for him to draw down when HE felt threatened? Does wearing a badge give you the right to enter someones home and kill them? No. I'm sorry but it doesn't. I know we as American's are being conditioned to bow down and obey. I'm glad to see some here simply won't.

I'll leave you with this bit of comedy. I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but I think the video speaks volumes, all be it with humor.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Im ignoring context? How do officers show up to the house? Beam me up scotty! And they just appear? No, they approach either through vehichle or on foot. DO YOU GRASP THAT? When you approach, you are vulnerable. Vulnerable to a weapon that can shoot very far and has one of the highest velocity ratings in any gun ever created. This isnt even related to the discussion board, this was a side point. I thought I would try to educate you through a military background which I have, and not a Playstation 3, which you have. DONE

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

Originally posted by Conciliatore
reply to post by just_julie

Listen, i dont have parents anymore, since our parents died, my family litteraly vanished because they never gave a damn about my sister and me, i tried anythings possible after my sister died, legaly speaking, wtf you want me to do, to wait for thoses bastard with a SMG ?

I would personally hunt them down and make each one of them pay. What you do is your own choice. I guess what I am trying to say, is choose repression, choose to be one of the 'sheeple'. OR Choose to speak. LOUDLY.

Now we begin to see how an "insurgent" in Iraq or Afghanistan feels when he or she is left with nothing to lose because US soldiers under orders have killed their wife or husband and we wonder why they lash out and then we justify it by calling them the "enemy insurgent".

Americas chickens have in fact come home to roost and they are "naturally" joining the ranks of law enforcement and anyone who dares stand up to this will be labeled an "enemy combatant". Sooner or later this continued activity will provide the eventual "tipping point".

Like it or not believe it or not America is falling into the historical norm of tyranny and yes it can happen here.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Are you people seriously arguing over a Thompson vs an AR15? This is not the point of this story.

good point man. I'm gonna get flack for pullin the race card but there it is. Imagine the outcome of it were a white family. The arguments here would be less about friggin guns and ballistics BS blabber and more about the wife and kid... the WIFE, and KID!! 71 shots.... gah *sticks finger down throat to induce vomitting, because it is wrong to not vomit after reading this story*

edit on 13-5-2011 by dl2one because: intermittent user error

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

seriously man. I thought you said your last post was 20 posts ago! It seems all you want is to make this personal. Well hopefully someday this does get personal to you, IE: swat comes to your house, oops, wrong address, wrong skin color, wrong gender, CUFF EM!!!
edit on 13-5-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is why people in law enforcement are all scumbags with fake badges.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Im sorry Derek, you are right. Im done trying to argue with this fool. Love your post and in total agreement with you. You get a star. Not.
edit on 13-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

Originally posted by just_julie

Originally posted by Conciliatore
reply to post by just_julie

Listen, i dont have parents anymore, since our parents died, my family litteraly vanished because they never gave a damn about my sister and me, i tried anythings possible after my sister died, legaly speaking, wtf you want me to do, to wait for thoses bastard with a SMG ?

I would personally hunt them down and make each one of them pay. What you do is your own choice. I guess what I am trying to say, is choose repression, choose to be one of the 'sheeple'. OR Choose to speak. LOUDLY.

Now we begin to see how an "insurgent" in Iraq or Afghanistan feels when he or she is left with nothing to lose because US soldiers under orders have killed their wife or husband and we wonder why they lash out and then we justify it by calling them the "enemy insurgent".

Americas chickens have in fact come home to roost and they are "naturally" joining the ranks of law enforcement and anyone who dares stand up to this will be labeled an "enemy combatant". Sooner or later this continued activity will provide the eventual "tipping point".

Like it or not believe it or not America is falling into the historical norm of tyranny and yes it can happen here.

Yep, I sure hope more people see it this way, the way it is.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one

seriously man. I thought you said your last post was 20 posts ago! It seems all you want is to make this personal. Well hopefully someday this does get personal to you, IE: swat comes to your house, oops, wrong address, wrong skin color, wrong gender, CUFF EM!!!

So now the SWAT team and cops are all racists too? Where do you people get this from? Wrong gender? What does that mean anyway? Does a man pull a trigger faster than a woman or something? These posts are coming from the clouds now.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by dl2one

So now the SWAT team and cops are all racists too? Where do you people get this from? Wrong gender? What does that mean anyway? Does a man pull a trigger faster than a woman or something? These posts are coming from the clouds now.

Ok, calm down. I guess misinterpretation is at play here. I was alluding to the fact that SWAT sometimes gets it... forget it... good day sir. I am NOT your enemy. re-read, nice and slow.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

No, dealing drugs gives the police probable cause to get a search warrant and search your house for illegal drugs.

When the police execute the search warrant and you are standing in the hallway with a rifle and do not drop it, that gives the police officers the right to shoot.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
it does not even get in to why really.

but this is horrible

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
This is why people in law enforcement are all scumbags with fake badges.

they're not all scumbags with fake badges. there are some like in any industry, that misuse or misinterpret their authority. and when it comes to dealing with those types ANYWHERE, it's up to those they are in service to, to remind them exactly where their authority comes from. police officers are PEACE OFFICERS by decree. sworn, like our military, to uphold the constitution. in the US, that constitution protects the citizens of the nation from things like ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE(amendment 4) where as the 14th amendment imposes the 4th amendment on the states and police agencies within the states.

the officers in my state of georgia have their oath

1-30 (5) Swear that he or she is otherwise qualified to hold 1-31 said office according to the Constitution and laws of 1-32 Georgia; -1- 2- 1 (6) Swear that he or she will support the Constitution 2- 2 of the United States and of this state; and...

public officers oath
(this bill was passed in '98, from what i've gathered, but for most states, upholding the constitution has always been a factor)
edit on 13-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I hope you get pulled over, tazed and beaten for no reason, and brought into reality soon..... For your own good.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think you are a retard.....
I doubt you ever fired a tommy gun or an AR-15... I have fired both, tommy guns own AR-15, but we cannot have them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

lol! that was mean....funny, but mean...lol!

yes, i laughed when i read that!

edit on 13-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Again, no people should not be killed just for dealing drugs.

But IF he was dealing drugs and the police were justified to execute the search warrant, he should not have been holding a rifle. When you are confronted by the police and you are holding a rifle, drop it real fast or the police might shoot you. Why? Because the police deserve the right to go home more than a criminal holding a gun.

The post you are replying to brings up a good point. One which I would have made myself. It appears everyone is jumping to conclusions while not having all the facts.

The news article is obviously biased and not presenting all of the facts is very convenient for them because it allows them to paint their own picture.

The last part of your post is absolutely rediculous and the fact that you say you would do something like that shows your posts should not be taken seriously.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Is there an actual news story about this? This is the furthest thing from journalism...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You are failing to realize that dealing drugs alone did not get him killed. It was when they executed the search warrant and he was holding a weapon that got him killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join