It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
US authorities to Ex Marine: "Congratulation son. You've been promoted to infinite mission 6 feet under. We're sure you will enjoy the new afterlife environment".

edit on 5/13/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Looks like America is winning the war on America. Yeah...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How much you want to bet those thugs get off without so much as a slap on the wrist. Simply because the Marine was holding a gun in his own home in the face of an invasion by persons unknown. The Marine did nothing wrong. The cops did everything wrong. Another successful beatdown of an innocent citizen to show em who's boss.

As a sidebar, I am in Tucson quite often. My wife would love to move there because her parents live south of Tucson on some semi-remote property where they get illegals wandering into their yard. Tucson is a frigging slum. I have yet to drive on a street in that city that I feel totally safe on. It is a $h!thole - pardon my language. Think we don't need to deport illegals that are already here? Visit Tucson, you'll change your mind.

The do have a couple IN-N-Out burgers, though. I'll give em that.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The lesson from this story, kids, is if you EVER find yourself the victim of a home invasion, you have to decide 1 of 2 courses of ACTION:

1) Do nothing. Don't grab your gun, put your hands in the air, fingers spread, back to the entrance, and SCREAM at the top of your lungs, "I SURRENDER, I SURRENDER, I SURRENDER!!!!". If it's cops, they might shoot you anyway, and if it's criminals, they may either rob you, beat you, rape you, or kill you.

2) Grab your gun, lock and load, hunker down in a dark corner, wait for the next sorry sap who enters your room, and start shooting your *targets* until you either kill them all, or you get killed. If it's cops, you will at least die with the pride of knowing you took a few thug pigs down with you before they inevitable killed you, and if it's criminals, then get a good defense attorney *before* you call the police to report a home invasion/self-defense.

Choosing to grab your gun and wait to put it down only *if* you figure out it's cops will get you killed anyways.

The choice is yours, I know what mine would be.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

It is an unfortunate happening and wish ii never took place. But my argument is simple. Are there improvements that could have been made by the officers, yes. But were there actions that the deceased knowingly, and shouldnt have done to an authoritative figure? Yes. Meaning, this is a man who has combat experience. He should know more that anyone of us on this site that you do not point a weapon at an officer without having consequences. Funny how know one on this site has ever asked what he is guilty of or what he has done. I know you and others will never admit it, but if he had just committed sexual assult on a teenager. None of you would be defending or sticking up for this guy. You would be on to the next topic.

Lets all just agree, when when 15 men with body armor and what looks like police uniforms on and point a gun at you and tell you to lay down and freeze, that you do what they say. I think common sense tells us that.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
This shouldn't come as a surprise.

Dept. of Homeland Security spelled it out quite clearly. One of the biggest terrorist threats to our nation is

returning Veterans!

TPTB HATE soldiers!

They could organize and support an uprising, they know too much.

While I do not doubt what you are saying, i have found it impossible to talk to people without some form of documented proof. Any documented proof for this, i remember that 9/11 first responders are on the terrorist watch list or something like that, read it at the Huffington Post.

Its strange how many conversations I have had with people who at the beginning talk about how corrupt politicians are, and once i get started they curl into the thought that the government is there to protect us. I try to ask who runs government and most fail to see they've came to the same realisation but refuse to admit it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

I think you aren't understanding the current criminal climate there right now. Home invasions are commonplace. It's something that every father and husband has probably played out in his head. Police in a town like that should approach the situation much differently.

Why would you need a SWAT team to deliver a drug investigation warrant on a residential family-of-three household, anyway?!

Putting any of the blame on the victim is pretty inappropriate in this case.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by kellynap43

Not common sense. Victim sense. We've been teaching it to our kids since the end of WWII.

They say we're all victims so it's best to just keep acting like a victim.

What is it they say over in Australia? The tallest blade of grass is the first to get cut.

Strive to be average and never forget you're a victim. That's the new "common sense."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

There is a point to be made here. Obviously, what transpired is beyond what most rational people woud do. But, we don't know what the SWAT team was told prior to going in. For example, was Jose thought to be someone else who was armed and dangerous? We don't know the full extent of why they were at this residence (what evidence did they have).

All we know is that they reacted when they thought one of their own was shot. The weapon being carried by Jose could not have helped matters if that precipated the weapons fire.

Again, it is extremely unfortunate what happened. And clearly there is plenty of blame to go around on the side of SWAT. I would like to think that many of these SWAT members are probably very uncomfortable with thier actions that resulted in an innocent civilian being murdered. I don't imagine them with swastikas on their uniforms.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I dont know? Maybe because the drug trafficking trade and business have been know to care weapons and illeagal ones at that. So maybe we would want to be prepared with someone who has that cappability.

"Common sense is not so common.” Voltaire

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

I would like to think that many of these SWAT members are probably very uncomfortable with thier actions that resulted in an innocent civilian being murdered.

So would I. The difference between you and I is...I have the ability to accept reality that we live in a police state and you apparently have made up your own reality based upon what you'd "like to think".

I don't imagine them with swastikas on their uniforms.

I DO!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This may be my last post at ATS. You have helped me realize, I can not argue with stupid. Thank you.

edit on 13-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by Cuervo

I dont know? Maybe because the drug trafficking trade and business have been know to care weapons and illeagal ones at that. So maybe we would want to be prepared with someone who has that cappability.

"Common sense is not so common.” Voltaire

It's a warrant. Not a bust. He was not convicted of anything. Not found guilty of anything. He did nothing wrong. There is no justification for that. None.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This may be my last post at ATS. You have helped me realize, I can not argue with stupid. Thank you.

edit on 13-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

You mentioned earlier that no one is asking what he did wrong. They won't tell us! You think they'd be defending their position with more information if that was the case, right?

But no, they need time to work up a story, just as the story changed from the 6th to the 11th.

The only thing 'stupid' going on here is your denial about how wrong the officers were in the whole thing. I will believe the wife before I believe who I see as murder suspects. She didn't hear them yell POLICE, and she didn't hear sirens. Neither did the husband.

"No Knock" warrants for drugs need to be stopped. Too many people have been killed over weed already. If you're a dealer, you have to suspect that other criminals are going to try to rob you. Cops come bursting in, knowing this, and use it as an excuse for target practice.
edit on 13-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So you would bring flowers instead of guns to serve a warrant to AL CAPONE?

Am I talking to 8 year olds on this site?

link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by Caji316

Wow man, your triggerhappy swat teams sound like scumbags ! there killing soldiers !? for nothing ! no doubt they will get no reprecussions watsoever.....

This is terrible.
When I read the title I assumed it would be some congested urban area in eastern USA.
But Arizona!!!!??
Damn I thought that place was practically self-administering with a milita-mentality supporting local cops??!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Where was the SWAT teams medic? They go in right after the entry team to provide immediate assistance to injuries while the scene is still "hot". Why would it take them over an hour (if the reports are ture) to clear a house to let and ambulance team in to transport him?

It stinks, with no witnesses but the swat team we will never know what happened.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Maybe if you werent guilty of anything, you wouldnt have to be afraid of the police. Food for thought.

I know Im clean, are you? Sound like your scared of the police. Wonder if the NSA read this blog at all?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

So you would bring flowers instead of guns to serve a warrant to AL CAPONE?

Am I talking to 8 year olds on this site?

You are comparing a husband and father war veteran under investigation of drug charges with a world famous mafioso? Really? That's how you weigh things out in your head?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Maybe if you werent guilty of anything, you wouldnt have to be afraid of the police. Food for thought.

I know Im clean, are you? Sound like your scared of the police. Wonder if the NSA read this blog at all?

How do you know he was guilty. The legal system makes mistakes all the time. This could have been you no matter how much you want to deny it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join