It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

The fact is you have no idea what you are talking about....
These storm troopers are not police.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

You completely missed my point. I'm saying we don't know what he did to have this happen to him, so we can't be one sided about this at all.

We have no clue if there is, or isn't a conspiracy behind his murder. That is why I see it being pointless to constantly talk down about the police that were involved. You can't take the history of other police and put it on this particular group.

I am not pro-police at all, but I still won't talk garbage about them without knowing the actual truth
edit on 5/13/2011 by digitalbluco because: better wording

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
reply to post by civilchallenger

You completely missed my point. I'm saying we don't know what he did to have this happen to him, so we can't be one sided about this at all.

We have no clue if there is, or isn't a conspiracy behind his murder. That is why I see it being pointless to constantly talk down about the police that were involved. You can't take the history of other police and put it on this particular group.

I am not pro-police at all, and refuse to talk garbage about them without knowing the actual truth.
edit on 5/13/2011 by digitalbluco because: missed a letter on a word

edit on 5/13/2011 by digitalbluco because: missed a letter on a word

The truth was they went to three other houses in the neighborhood all on the SUSPICION of narcotics, and they still won't even comment what they were looking for. But whose gonna be the one whose testimony holds up in court? Total bull# way for this kid to go out. Unbelievable that this is happening really. And this isn't the first vet to have this happen to this year.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Cops,FBI,CIA and the army are all just brainwashed gangsters..oops did I type that out loud?

What's the difference?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
all I have to say is this story stinks - swat doesnt go in lights and sirens like they claim to have for obvious reasons then they are no longer swat just cops with more armor and automatic weapons

and any half wit knows whats sirens look like if his wife looked out the window and saw sirens is going to tell her husband the cops are outside and he is not going to run down stairs with his family in the house and think he can take them all out crouched down with an ar15 which he as a soldier would know isnt very effective against body armor.

they made a mistake and a person is dead which is sad - but in the words of a the great Chuck - D "# the cops but whose gonna stop you from killing me"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I searched google for an "official source" on this story, and this is all I could come up with after a few pages of searching. They said he was the one started shooting. A bullet hit the swat's shields first. The article completely makes the SWAT team sound justified.

azstarnet.com...

But this was also at the end of it

• On March 27, SWAT members shot and killed a suicidal man on the northwest side after he became a threat to officers during a standoff.

• On Aug. 27, 2010, SWAT officers shot and killed a man outside his northwest-side home. During the standoff, the man came at officers with a knife and a hammer when he was shot. Authorities found the man's girlfriend dead inside the home. The man had called 911 and said he had killed her.

Someone contact the reporter at the end of the article

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Again, we still don't know the real reason, if there even is one. The suspicion of drug charges could of been their way of getting approval to go there. We know nothing other than what happened, and the part about the medics not doing anything just makes me wonder why they didn't. Did they know something that we don't?

I'm just simply asking questions here, not taking either ones side.
edit on 5/13/2011 by digitalbluco because: typo, my brain thinks one thing, and my hands type another lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by Caji316

This same story happened to my family in Fredericktown, Missouri back in 1993 by the Madison Co police dept. I was a 6th grader and they did the same thing to my stepdad and shot him sleeping in bed and he was unarmed. Ballistics evidence even shows that he was laying down when they shot him because the bullet went through the mattress and through the floor and missed me in bed directly under his in the basement! My stepdad ended up living but the cops never found a stich of drugs that they were looking for. This sh1t needs to stop! I got the crap beat out of me by a cop with a maglight flashlight( I am deaf and never heard the gunshot). They even had a person from social services there and he turned his head to the fact that they was they were hitting me before they even tried to wake me up!
I was taken back to the police dept and was never afforded the right to put on clothes and sat in the lobby in my underware for 4hrs before my uncle made it to pick me up. I didn't even have my hearing aids so i could make sense of what happened.

How horrible!!! I'm so sorry that you had to experience that. It always pains me to see people in high places abuse their power and inflict pain on the innocent.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I searched google for an "official source" on this story, and this is all I could come up with after a few pages of searching. They said he was the one started shooting. A bullet hit the swat's shields first. The article completely makes the SWAT team sound justified.

azstarnet.com...

But this was also at the end of it

• On March 27, SWAT members shot and killed a suicidal man on the northwest side after he became a threat to officers during a standoff.

• On Aug. 27, 2010, SWAT officers shot and killed a man outside his northwest-side home. During the standoff, the man came at officers with a knife and a hammer when he was shot. Authorities found the man's girlfriend dead inside the home. The man had called 911 and said he had killed her.

Someone contact the reporter at the end of the article

There are always two sides of the story. The only problem is trying to decipher which side is telling the truth...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Before making a judgement (like everyone else on here has I would like more info.

The news story is extremely biased and I don't count that as a credible story.

Not saying it didn't happen the way they said I would just like another source.

Maybe the guy WAS dealing drugs, who knows?

azstarnet.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Truth is, the Swat Team was probably made up of returned Iraq/Afghan vets as well. They are highly sought after by the police state because, being of low intellect and morals, they have been trained to kill if ordered.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just so we're not pointing only to a "biased blog" as the source of this story. Here are some more links I came across running this story.

KGun 9
Former Marine killed by SWAT was acting in defense, family says - KGun 9 News

KGun 9 News
Family of Tucson man killed by SWAT hires high profile attorney - KGun 9 News

KPHO 5 News
SWAT Team Fires 71 Shots In 7 Seconds - KPHO 5 News

ctpost.com
Pima Co. authorities release details of shooting - ctpost.com

Those are just a few I could find with a quick search.

And you know frankly I'm getting sick of people saying "oh he deserved it" or "his kids shouldn't grow up in a drug lab" or stupid comments like this.

The RELEASED facts from the PD state the man was working at a mine for 12 hours and came home to go to sleep. Searches of the mans criminal records show that he had NOTHING more than a few traffic tickets in his life.

They refuse to state what they were looking for, why they were looking for it or what they found. This is the sort of thing that they do when they find themselves in an "oh $#@% moment".

As Dave Chappelle once said, "Sprinkle some crack on him". These cops are just looking for a way to plant something, to cover their own backsides.

edit on 13-5-2011 by DerekJR321 because: Removed linked video because it has NSFW language

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by just_julie
This is disgusting. What has happened to your country America?

FOR GOD'S SAKE, when will you people stop voting in the Republican thugs that cheer this sort of sh*t on and pour money into local police arsenals.
edit on 12-5-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

When will people finally understand that it doesnt matter what side of the aisle you sit on, if you're a politician and you're ALLOWED to hold an office, you're part of the problem.

Stories like this one are what make people install security doors with motion sensing cameras, build panic rooms in their homes....Im less worried about common criminals doing home invasions, than a hit squad of guys wearing body armor, automatic weapons, flash bangs, and rolling up in a tank all just to serve an "arrest warrant"

Anyone with any basic firearms or weapons training knows that you only draw your weapon when you INTEND TO SHOOT SOMEONE. If I saw a bunch of guys with their guns drawn and pointed at my home, I dont care who they are, I will take that as a serious threat that they're coming in to shoot me and my family.

With all of these non-lethal methods nowadays, firing off over SEVENTY rounds at one person is not only ridiculous, but shows that they had no intention of taking him alive.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is the original article from the newspaper. The man never fired a shot. He was killed in cold blood, and guess what? There were no drugs found in his home.

And of course, these members of the SWAT team will get away with it because they were just "doing their jobs." It will be the widow's words versus the words of the SWAT team.

It really gets my blood boiling.....

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

When there are uniforms. Names like SWAT on their shirts. Standard issued assult rifles with Arizona SWAT, cars, sirens, vans and instructions to get down. And then you pick up a gun and point at them? That in my mind is stupid. They are obviously the police. Be patient and calm, and find out what they want. If they came in under wrong pretenses, then sue them. Otherwise shutup and listen to the man with the gun if you appreciate your life. Its not difficult. Just like when a doctor says dont take Heroin with Penacillin. Probably a good idea to listen. And when a cop says put a gun down, probably a good idea to put the gun down, none alone point it back at the officer.

This is not a hard concept to grasp. But try
edit on 13-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh yea? Are these storm troopers from the Death Star?

Come back to planet earth

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

azstarnet.com...

You posted an Arizona Daily Star article dated May 6, authored by Fernanda Echavarri and Jamar Younger; where they claim that he fired at the officers.

Guerena fired his AR-15 rifle at the deputies, who were holding up shields, Ogan said.

At least one of the shields was struck by gunfire, he said.
Article 1; May 6

However, in another article posted May 11, authored by Fernanda Echavarri once again, a revision was made, it seems.

"The suspect said, 'I've got something for you,' when he saw them," O'Connor said. Guerena's wife denied he said that.

Deputies began shooting.

A deputy's bullet struck the side of the doorway, causing chips of wood to fall on his shield. That prompted some members of the team to think the deputy had been shot, O'Connor said.
Article 2, May 11

So the first article is sided with a justified use of force. Then a few days later, and the story completely changes, to the point where no mention is made of Jose firing at the officers. Just a verbal provocation and a clear indication that the team was confused about flying debris, from their own rounds striking the doorway.

?

So what's going on here?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

So, what if some reports are true? What if they didn't identify themselves, in the dark, and started firing? How can you be that confident in your conviction?

I would point a gun at any group of people breaking into my house, even if they yelled "Police". I have a friend that was house invaded by a group of "SWAT", my friends were all held at gunpoint and their Escalade was stolen. They all had shirts with "SWAT" printed on them, and ski masks on.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by kellynap43

Are they obviously police?

You and I here probably wouldn't encounter a home invasion by people in tac gear and MP5's. Maybe if we can get over the fact that somebody has just kicked in our front door and is shouting at us we'd be able to discern they're police and put our gun down. Maybe.

But look at from the eyes of a tired laborer with two combat tours behind him.

So easy to jus know it's the "good guys" kicking in your door and shouting at you?

And if wenarw to believe the article the area is currently suffering an outbreak of breakins.

Still so easy?

This is a reckless tactic on the part of the police and should be abolished.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 13-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Seems to me like he stumbled onto something during his 2 toursand was assasinated for it. I bet some or all the shooters were not regular swat. Probbably "transfers"

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join