It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Plan Push for Elimination of I.R.S

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If you REALLY want rid of income taxes vote Libertarian.

The Republicans have had the white house the congress and the senete if they had wanted to do it they would have already done it.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
23% as a national flat tax. No way.

How about 10% personal income each pay period. This can be used for health care and schools.
How about a 10% sales tax on all consumable goods.
Tax the hell out of Alchohol and cigerettes. This would also be healthy.

Tax resturants and airlines,cell phones, anything that is not a neccessity, but a convienence.
Leave the luxury tax in place for autos and homes but lower the caps.

The elimination of hte IRS however I would think would be a decade or so away, along with the Post Office...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
This would be a new federal tax, and would be collected by the IRS, unless Congress created a new agency to collect this tax. Business owners would still have to deal with the federal bureaucracy and paperwork. The existing business infrastructure to deal with state and local sales taxes would be of little, if any, help. If the new tax is a value-added tax, the result will be an administrative and paperwork nightmare for business.

Sorry to sound like a parrot, but this is exactly right. The tax-collecting agency, whatever it would be called, would still be a huge federal government bureaucracy. Can you imagine the amount of people it would take to verify the 'essential goods' receipts for refunds?

And elimination of the income tax would have a major economic impact on tax accountants. Good luck trying to pass a law that will lay off thousands of accountants.

All you can be sure of is that Republicans and Democrats will do nothing that will decrease the revenue flow to the federal governement.

I hold out no hope that this idea, if it ever becomes law, will decrease the size of the federal government in any way whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The IRS will still be there, they might change the name but that will be pure formaility, this idea is one more way of helping the rich and putting more taxes on the backs of the poor and middle class. Just about every tax cut given especially by the republicans is that way.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
probally just part of the new world order agenda.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
They cause so much hype and fear in people, everybody "has to" get their papers filed before the deadline, everybody better or else...

I live in NY. our state budget is something like 4 and a half months late. it's been late every year for over a decade....
why isn't it that they had better get it done before the deadline or else? seems to me, they should practice what they preach.

but, don't worry people, it they actually do change the tax system, put in a national sales tax or whatever....bet you'll end up paying more in the long run.
what I'd like to see it the whole idea of social welfare gone. instead just make it so that every american has a guarenteed income...if you don't make that much at the end of the month....they'll pay you the rest....if you make more, well, you'll pay taxes. at least get rid of the layers of government that do basically the same job...feed, cloth, and house the poor. of course, it would be better still if everyone who could work was working, and earning enough to live from their employment...but I guess that is asking too much, and well, forget about the republicans doing anything in that department...their answer is to bring in more mexicans to work for lower wages.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Any body who looks at the laws regulations and penalties of the IRS ratonally has got to admit tht there is something very very wrong. For example lets say you go to an IRS office with all your receipts, and have an IRS accountant do your taxes for you. Lets further suppose that that accountant makes a mistake and under reports your tax burden. No big deal right after all your taxes were done by the IRS right? Wrong. In the stuation I just described, YOU would be liable to be charged for tax evasion (and probably would be).
If the tax laws are so screwed up that the people charged with enforcing those laws cant understand them it has got to be time for a change.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
mwm1331 says

If the tax laws are so screwed up that the people charged with enforcing those laws cant understand them it has got to be time for a change.

You are absolutely correct. From the song "I'd Love to Change the World", by Ten Years After, here are the changes that need to be made.

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more

I�d love to change the world
But I don�t know what to do
So I�ll leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, monopoly

World pollution, there�s no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more

France and germany both do this and look at thier economies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join