It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare planetary alignment video 13.05.11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I witnessed some very strange lights in the sky this morning and thought I'd share.

Around 5am I was at my window having a smoke, and saw this strange light formation in the sky.

At first I thought they were stars, but they seemed way too bright, and also I noticed there was not another single star in the sky that I could see.

I thought I would post this, some of you might find it interesting. The formation seems very odd to me.

edit on 12-5-2011 by samwiseold because: (no reason given)

Edit
Figured out that these 'lights' are Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter aligning which only happens every 50 - 100 years.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by samwiseold
I witnessed some very strange lights in the sky this morning and thought I'd share.

Around 5am I was at my window having a smoke, and saw this strange light formation in the sky.

At first I thought they were stars, but they seemed way too bright, and also I noticed there was not another single star in the sky that I could see.

I thought I would post this, some of you might find it interesting, it's probably nothing, but I found it very odd.

You do realize that the 13th of may 2011 isn't until tomorrow right ?

I'm not sure where your going with this post unless you just didn't realize your error in your title.

Edit: Just realized their could be time differential from location on earth.
edit on 12-5-2011 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by samwiseold

Thanks for sharing.

I think there are similar videos with lights in a triangle formation. I don't know what they are but interesting anyway.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I am in Australia - the future I guess

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by samwiseold

Did the objects ever leave the frame at any point? Are they still there? Why only such a short clip?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting video

Can you tell us what part of the world you are in , how long did you watch these things , any movement of the objects .
thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They're not stars, but planets.

Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter are all visible together in the early hours.

www.space.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Planetary alignment.
There are about a billion threads on ATS mentioning it, but you seem to be the first person (apart from me) who's gotten out of their chair, away from the computer and actually had a look outside the window to SEE it.

Without checking, the three planets there would be Mars, Venus, Jupiter. Mercury is also in there somewhere.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Good job man!!!

link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Planetary alignment.
There are about a billion threads on ATS mentioning it, but you seem to be the first person (apart from me) who's gotten out of their chair, away from the computer and actually had a look outside the window to SEE it.

Without checking, the three planets there would be Mars, Venus, Jupiter. Mercury is also in there somewhere.

Ok thanks a lot, that explains why it looked so strange. I am located just out of Sydney, Australia if that makes any difference.

The object at the bottom was so unusually bright, so I guess that makes sense if it is a planet.

link   
Those obects you filmed are definitely not stars. If you look carefully, each of the objects is moving slightly (hovering in the air).

I find it interesting that the objects stay in a perfect triangular fomation the whole time that you filmed them.

Have you ever seen these objects in a triangular formation like this at any other time?

In what region/city are you located in Australia?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakesback

It's the planetary alignment
www.theage.com.au...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
m.ibtimes.com...

Yup, planet alignment. The article above states its clearly visible in Australia, Thanks for the interesting video OP

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Ok, I checked.
Jupiter is the top one, Venus below it, and Mercury to the right.
Also, fainter, and nearer to the horizon is Mars, which you missed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
m.ibtimes.com...

Yup, planet alignment. The article above states its clearly visible in Australia, Thanks for the interesting video OP

Wow! It only happens every 50 to 100 years. How strange was it that I filmed it without knowing what was going on

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good morning
I'm on the East coast of Australia (North Queensland) and saw this very early this morn. they are planets. I have had good intentions for a couple of mornings to get up early enough to see them, (just before the sun rises) but it's been too cold and my blankets too warm until this morning

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by samwiseold

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
m.ibtimes.com...

Wow! It only happens every 50 to 100 years. How strange was it that I filmed it without knowing what was going on

Thank god it was in focus!

Otherwise the cranks would be in here telling you they were angel orbs protecting us from alien demons!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

It's weird I didn't hear about this. Otherwise I would have got to a better spot to film it. Would have been nice to take some proper long exposure photographs.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
it's only a sunlight or some video effects .. in short , its edited hehe

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by luzdelacruz09

huh? what on earth would i gain from editing this?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join