It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mount etna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
does anyone know what mount etna is doing? i heard it started to erupt and was wondering if anyone had any more news about it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

ashes have been projected between wednesday and thursday but nothing alarming

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

here is a fairly recent update on etna

5/12 AP vid

Etna woke up again overnight, spewing showers of molten lava and clouds of ash into the air from its eastern crater; the ash clouds have fallen on the city of Catania, at its foot, causing the temporary closure of its airport, and could cause disruptions the Giro stage this coming Sunday.

text update source
edit on 5/12/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Hey Gazzachel -

Looks like not a lot of big news on this. It's erupting, but mainly affecting non-populated areas or doing anything impressive. An airport has been shutdown from lava on the runway, but otherwise nothing crazy.

I can't view the video from where I'm at, but you can supposedly see the eruption here, and if you go to Bing.com or one of the other search engines, run a search for Mt. Etna, select their news channel at top of screen, and sort by most recent (if you like the freshest stories in order as I do) to see what all's going on.

Be well.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is the latest update from: hisz.rsoe.hu...

The magnificent scenes at Europe's largest volcano took place in the middle of the night, Etna briefly erupting between 2am and 6am local time. Despite the brevity of the eruption, local officials were still forced to close the airport in the nearby town of Catania, with ash covering the runways.

Etna, which is almost 11,000ft high, sits 18 miles from Catania on Sicily's east coast. As experts study the volcano, which last erupted in January, organisers of the Giro d'Italia cycle race are considering the possibility that Sunday's ninth stage between Messina and Etna may be disrupted.

top topics

join