It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you for your input u2u's are they necessary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What is the purpose of sending a U2U saying "thank you for your input" every time you do an alert?

I know I alert a lot, sorry, but somethings on here need to be alerted.
I just don't see the point of getting a u2u every time I alert something. I know I am alerting

I know it's saying thank you but are they really necessary??

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes, becuase if we didn't have them, then there would be people complaing that they
filed a complaint and never heard anything about it, not even knowing if it had been received or not.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Yes, becuase if we didn't have them, then there would be people complaing that they
filed a complaint and never heard anything about it, not even knowing if it had been received or not.

Elev

Well it says "Thanks for your contribution" or something when you send the alert, do people really need a u2u?
(guess so based on your reply)

I would rather get a u2u that the issue was dealt with not one saying thanks. I already know you appreciate alerts since you can't see everything on the boards.

I was just curious as to why they had them...I have a lot in my inbox

Also another question if any mod can answer. Are members allowed to u2u you when they make new threads?Some always do it and it drives me nuts.

To me it is annoying and it's like email spam. I don't need someone throwing their threads in my face basically wanting attention. (That is how I see it) I will see it when I look at my friends new threads feed

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Members certainly can send their friends PMs, Thread Invites if the member in question is ok with receiving these. If you request that they stop and they don't, then it does constitute U2U harrasment and the mods will look into it.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well I will tell them to stop lol

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
As all questions have been answered, this thread is now closed.

~Keeper

top topics

join