It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time for Me to Come Clean: I Saw Santa Clause

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There is a strong case to be made that the legend of Santa Claus is a continuation of the hunt of the God Odin. Offerings such as hay would be left for his horse as He rode through the sky. In return for the offerings, gifts were left by Odin for the children who performed the offerings. Far from being a jovial figure, Odin was mysterious and often feared.

Of course, as time goes by, legends get fluffier and sanitized. So now, children leave cookies and milk, Santa Claus rides a reindeer-driven sleigh, and he leaves gifts only for the good kids.

I'm not discounting what you saw, actually, just maybe that you may have viewed Odin within the parameters that you were taught to view Him.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Reminds me of the series, Taken.

The aliens scan a book a little boy is reading about a chipmonk (or rabbit...basically a furry creature) and then disguise themself as the animal in the book to lure him out to be abducted.

Question ops...that christmas, how did your bum feel? a weird probing sensation perhaps?

I don't remember any such sensation. But, because this is ATS, I won't rule it out! Thanks for your insight

/TOA

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Yeah, Saturn is on to something.

Ya see. Santa is really Satan, which we all know the Church fears them darn aliens. Because they're actually God.

So.

Santa = Satan = E.T = God

Elves = Gray Alien

Reindeer / Sleigh = Space ship

Presents = ...Probe?... (Technology)

I am open to any and all interpretations of what I saw that night. Except the probes. I ain't acceptin' no probes!

/TOA

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
This is a cool story and IMHO, It really doesn't matter what anyone else believes, only what you believe.

Thank you, Lady. It really doesn't bother me if anyone doesn't believe me. I don't know that I would if I were in the other shoes!

/TOA

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by The Old American

Santa, and his likes. (Like my Avatar, and Username tomten=santa).
Is very common from where I come from (Sweden).
Although most sightings are small gnome like santa's. Like house-gnomes and forest-gnomes.

How tall usually because when I was around 7 or 8 I was lying in bed, only myself and my mother living in a second floor flat/apartment with a good 16 feet from my window to the ground below, father in prison, no other father figure around and I remember quite clearly on an October night looking at my window and seeing a figure "standing" outside the window looking in at me.

Now the sill outside the window was maybe 2 inches wide or less, no ladders can reach that space and yet there was a figure and I could see from the top of his hat to the bottom of his boots, like a short, squat little fellow. Half transparent too so I could see through him to the silhouetted trees and the road in the distance but I could also make out the red colours of his hat, jacket and trousers along with his white beard.

He was there for just a few seconds, I turned my head, looked back and he was gone. That was always odd.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Sly1one
And this is why the "innocent" fairy tales you tell your children and indoctrinate them with are dangerous...

Santa Clause
Tooth Fairy
Boogie Man
Easter Bunny
Al CIAda

all of them are to instill control, if you don't act how I want you to act X won't come see you or X will come get you etc...

I don't plan on playing these games with my children, its sets a precedence in their heads that its "to to make S*** up" so long as its "cute" or presumed to be "innocent".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how hateful, venomous, or ignorant. Thank you for yours.

/TOA

Your welcome but if you are implying that my opinion was hateful, venomous, or ignorant I am sorry you feel that way about it.

I was merely expressing the obvious repercussions from lying to children at such a young age which is a common cultural custom at least here in the U.S.

Again if you felt attacked by my perspective on "Santa Clause" rest assured no offensive intent was behind it, but ultimately its about how you want to perceive it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ya know, I do believe I remember reading about someone else here on ATS who claims to have seen Santa. I personally think all kinds of things are possible when we're young. I remember seeing things that really shouldn't have been possible, but I know what I saw.

I believe you.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I believe you saw what you said you saw -
and I believe in Santa Claus, whether he is still around these days is a whole other sack full ' o ' goodies though!

I had a similar experience myself when I was about two yrs old.

(I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. --Bob Dylan)

Wag

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Two questions just so I understand clearly:

1. Do you mean that the guy just vanished into thin air?
2. Had you asked for a knife before that night?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, this thread has me a little freaked.

I had a similar experience when I was around 4 or 5. But I always chalked it up to being a dream because I don't remember every minute of the experience as vividly as you do.

I do remember clearly waking up that morning feeling all proud of myself because I saw Santa that night and kept the secret to myself (ha ha my brother didn't see him like I did).

Anyways, I got a Cookie Monster hand puppet that was not wrapped and my brother got Oscar the Grouch. I do remember my mom having a weird look on her face when we discovered them under the tree and showed them to her.

My mother was a single parent at that time and she was not one of those parents that dressed up as Santa, ever.

But I honestly thought seeing Santa when I got up to pee that night was just a dream as I got older and learned that Santa didn't exist... Geez, now I'm second guessing my own rationale after all these years.

Maybe as kids, we wish for something so bad, our minds eye sees these things when we're in half dream states ?

... just my adult skeptic brain trying to work this out now
edit on 12-5-2011 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Maybe as kids, we wish for something so bad, our minds eye sees these things when we're in half dream states ?

Could be but as per my post above, my experience was in the middle of October and Christmas and any presents I wanted were the last things on my mind at the time, I remember that much.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by tomten

Santa, and his likes. (Like my Avatar, and Username tomten=santa).
Is very common from where I come from (Sweden).
Although most sightings are small gnome like santa's. Like house-gnomes and forest-gnomes.

How tall usually because when I was around 7 or 8 I was lying in bed, only myself and my mother living in a second floor flat/apartment with a good 16 feet from my window to the ground below, father in prison, no other father figure around and I remember quite clearly on an October night looking at my window and seeing a figure "standing" outside the window looking in at me.

Now the sill outside the window was maybe 2 inches wide or less, no ladders can reach that space and yet there was a figure and I could see from the top of his hat to the bottom of his boots, like a short, squat little fellow. Half transparent too so I could see through him to the silhouetted trees and the road in the distance but I could also make out the red colours of his hat, jacket and trousers along with his white beard.

He was there for just a few seconds, I turned my head, looked back and he was gone. That was always odd.

The house-gnomes normally is about 2 feet high.
And the forest-gnomes is just 1 feet high.
The jultomten (christmas gnome) is the only large gnome, 5 to 6 feet tall.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Thanks, I'd guess the height of the transparent Santa-like figure outside my window was maybe 3-4 feet tall so probably not one of those gnomes then.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
why are you sure it is santa clause?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the quite interesting thread. I started a similar one just before this past Christmas (Santa '56) and clearly stated my views on what I 'saw.'

Interestingly - and the thing I didn't mention in that telling - was that I received my first folding Barlow Knife that year. Additionally, my parents seemed concerned that I had received it and took quite some time to convince me to trade it to them for a nice, new dollar bill (very tempting to a 5-year old in 1956) with which to choose another gift.

As I've thought and wondered of that morning several times over the years, I've also considered what might possibly have led them to place a knife within my stash of gifts to only regret it a mere few hours later. It was much unlike my father to make a decision and change it so quickly in that manner, much more unlike my mother to have allowed something like that to begin with. While I have accepted that what I 'saw' that morning was an expression of a 5-year old's innocent desire and imagination, I've yet to quite reconcile the Barlow Knife and actions of my parents.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yeah because good old saint Nik really flys around the world arming six year old kids with knives!

This reminds me of the time the tooth fairy took my tooth and left an ak-47

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I say Santa Claus is Satan Lucas.

He seriously left you a folding knife when you were 6? And your parents let you have it? Yikes?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

this is actulay a true story of my own.
one christmas eve(i belive iwas six or seven) i could not get to sleep, and then i started hearing slaybell coming from outside. the next morning i asked my dad if he was watching anything on tv that night he told me no

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It's interesting to see that others have a story of sighting him at around the same age. That's pretty weird.

/TOA

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, I won't say you didn't see him, but I won't say it was real either. I saw unexplainable things when I was a 5-6 yr old too...I swear to God a witch-like creature sized like an adult man flew towards my bedroom window and suddenly changed its trajectory a second before hitting the glass. Thinking about it now, I know that thing can't exist, but I SAW it! Was my brain playing tricks on me? I will never know for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join