It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House approves bill to lift US drilling ban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Well if you understood anything about how Soros works you would know that he is heavily invested in Petrobras. That alone is suspicous. A billionaire helps put the least qualified man (community organizer) into the white house and the company that is awarded (you are right a loan) the money has ties with George Soros. If you do not find that disturbing then your moral compass is way off.

I was not put on earth to tip toe around what makes you happy and what makes you tired if you dislike my post do not read them. Have a good night.
edit on 12-5-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
first off, no matter how much we pump for ourselves, the price will not change, and in fact would probably go up...just because they can. so imo, this move would only serve the oil companies. dont expect a break

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I would support the full drilling of America if every single dollar of profit generated from the additional drilling went into a non-borrowable against government account used to fund clean energy technology. Perhaps 100,000 giant solar power fields strategically placed throughout the country to make an integrated solar power grid?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
screw oil i want my space ship that never has to be recharged!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Insanity. With all the environmental damage done through regular drilling, and the infant stage of off shore drilling knowledge along with the disastrous BP gulf spill (one of the worse, if not THE worse environmental disasters of all time) when will anyone learn? Our addiction to oil is out of control, to the point that we would rather die and take every living thing on this planet along with us then adjust to a new post fuel world (which will hurt but is inevitable). Straight insanity.

People need to take peak oil seriously. If we aren't running out of oil why are we drilling with more costly, risker methods and putting more energy into what we extract?
edit on 12-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

no one wants to build alternitive energy.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverZero

its about time they did this

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

Insanity. With all the environmental damage done through regular drilling, and the infant stage of off shore drilling knowledge along with the disastrous BP gulf spill (one of the worse, if not THE worse environmental disasters of all time) when will anyone learn? Our addiction to oil is out of control, to the point that we would rather die and take every living thing on this planet along with us then adjust to a new post fuel world (which will hurt but is inevitable). Straight insanity.

People need to take peak oil seriously. If we aren't running out of oil why are we drilling with more costly, risker methods and putting more energy into what we extract?

no one wants to build alternitive energy.

I'm not saying otherwise. Alternative energy sources simply cannot at this stage of development provide even a dent in our energy consumption in any combination. The reason no one wants to advance AE sources is because there really isn't an incentive to do so, and the fact that the technology simply isn't there to accommodate our consumption needs.

So IMO we must start questioning our lifestyle, because the way I see it there is no other way around it. It's the 1000 pound elephant in the room that no one wants to touch. Our whole way of life and survival is dependant on a fuel source that is dwindling fast. For every calorie that you consume in your diet, 10 calories of hydrocarbon is used to make it. Think about that for a second.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

The deal was started before this administration took office and Sorros bought stock in the oil production of one of the only energy independent countries in the world. This wasn't a gift it was a loan -- loans generally bring income. You can dance on your toes all you want it won't hurt my feelings; but if you are just going to propagate the musings of Glen Beck then ... well there is nothing to see here.

This was probably a good idea - unfortunately the Obama administration probably cant lay claim to it.

This is the Import export banks website -- by the way exports are up

www.exim.gov...

These are the approvals for for April 2009 - you will see that loan approval for Petrobras (think pre-qualification for 20 million) do you know how little 20 million actually is - do you really think that Sorros bought a huge chunk of a company to be able to get a loan for 20 million.

By the way what is the conspiracy behind those other loans.

--- Nigeria 5-20 million for a Nigerian company making car parts and fire safety stuff (must have been in response to an email
---Ghana 1-5 million same as Nigeria (same email?)
---Germany 14.5 million for solar energy (5 year note) I hope they pay us back
---United States To Textron for Bell Helicopter and Cessna - This was refereed to congress because it probably had to be funded.

Now why do you suppose Glen Beck made such an issue about this -- damn those facts get in the way.

Here are the meeting minutes for April 9

www.exim.gov...

Glenn Beck counts on his audience (you) not to do your own research so he can say this stuff and you will amplify it. I heard a phrase somewhere - not certain where but I am old and my Google Fu is slow but I think the phrase was Deny Ignorance -- or was it Embrace ignorance, it was something like that.

Conspiracies are not good support for ones own bigotry.

When you do tiptoe what kind of slippers do you wear -- my granddaughter is taking Ballet lessons and hers hurt her feet)

kthx

edit on 13-5-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by spyder550 because: spilling correction

edit on 13-5-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
And my hope in humanity drops another ten notches. The oil barons gouge the price as they see fit. Osama "dead"? Oil down. Invasion of Lybia? Oil up. Whatever. The prices are raised and lowered arbitrarily and more importantly DID YOU NOT LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE BP DISASTER? Its our world were talking about! Its insane that people here are applauding for more drilling when it is obvious there is no environmentally-safe way of getting it out. Again, people on ats salivating at the prospect of getting some crumbs from their masters' table. Oh please oil execs, lower gas a buck or some cents and we will allow you to destroy our beaches and murder our wildlife and health while you make billions! Sickening. Groveling slaves go and flame away I dont give a damn.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38a76a46f537.jpg[/atsimg]

This is just to point out that to a person living outside the U.S. it's not apparent what "House" means in the title of the thread.
edit on 13/5/2011 by enteri because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/2011 by enteri because: spelling mistakes.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm not saying otherwise. Alternative energy sources simply cannot at this stage of development provide even a dent in our energy consumption in any combination. The reason no one wants to advance AE sources is because there really isn't an incentive to do so, and the fact that the technology simply isn't there to accommodate our consumption needs.

So IMO we must start questioning our lifestyle, because the way I see it there is no other way around it. It's the 1000 pound elephant in the room that no one wants to touch. Our whole way of life and survival is dependant on a fuel source that is dwindling fast. For every calorie that you consume in your diet, 10 calories of hydrocarbon is used to make it. Think about that for a second.

yep I know exactly you mean we have a solar panel could probally get away with like $10 for electricity during agaust (the hot month) but we like all of our stuff.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by enteri

This is just to point out that to a person living outside the U.S. it's not apparent what "House" means in the title of the thread.
edit on 13/5/2011 by enteri because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/2011 by enteri because: spelling mistakes.

there are two parts of congress in the US one is the senate each state gets two representatives and the house were the representatives are done by population of the state.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Today in the news, with Cramer, it seems that our oil mafia will be reaping over 3 billion dollars in oil profits, thanks to American incentives, even without the incentives they still will reap almost to 2 billion in profits, so beside more money for their dirty CEOs pockets they actually do not need those incentives, we the consumer and tax payer needs them more than their dirty CEOs do.

People we are been reap off and then forced to pay for it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I am dreamer...

Granted it isn't perfect yet, and there will be failures to contend with, there is no denying that... The article you provided was interesting. Unfortunately that article would relate to more about coal being used for production of energy to use in residential and commercial places, we are discussing oil, which is our main energy source used to power vehicles. You can check out the Energy Information Administration's website for more information on how our energy is used.

How about this... We have already developed electric cars. Sadly, they don't seem to have a long range, but if we use Telsa's idea of wireless energy and create towers across the world. Then we would not have to worry about charging the vehicles. Additionally, it would also eliminate coal as used to produce electrical energy to homes. Granted, there would still need research and there will be challenges. I believe that we can easily start the process to make energy free for all. Yes, some will be hurt by it, but shouldn't their wealth be redistributed back to the population anyhow? Too much money by far too few people is never a good thing for anyone.

www.zapworld.com

call me a dreamer...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join