It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, kids are really THIS stupid these days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok, short, revelant history:
My son has been in trouble a few times in past, have another post about his issues.
Son had a girlfriend EXACTLY like himself, which meant they were like oil and water. Meet her parents several times over all this. They broke up. Yeah! Right?

I got home from work the other day, around 5:15. I’d been home about a half an hour, and I notice a car drive slowly by my house. I’m in the country, so this catches my interest. I hear it turn around in the neighbors drive, and accelerate. I stand up to watch out my front window, and it pulls in my driveway. While it is still moving, both back doors are opening and two boys jump out.
I immediately walk out the front door. Three boys, (16-18) meet me at the end of my porch. I ask them what they want and they are looking for my son. He wasn’t home, and I went momma bear on them. They were so stunned, they even gave me their names. This went on for 10 min.
They started walking to the car and I realized that there is a girl driving. Guess who? I walked right over to her and chewed her out for 15 min. (I cannot believe she didn’t just back out of the driveway.)
Anyway, my problem here is that these kids, at this time of day, show up at MY house, with the intent to beat up my son. How flipping stupid are kids these days?
Besides the fact that I could have called the police immediately, I shutter to think what would have happened to them if my husband would have been home. What if I would have invited them into the house? I could have claimed they were there to hurt me, and really hurt them.

Are kids really that stupid these days? Or just ballsy? I would have NEVER had the nerve to try to confront someone’s parent’s if I was looking for them.

BTW, this was over, of all things, a stolen pipe, of the non-tobacco variety, as they were dumb enough to tell me.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maybe its not "stupid"...maybe that's not the word.

Careless, is a better one. They just simply dont give a darn.

I dont get kids at all these days. It seems like every single one of them has a cell phone connected to their hand, and they are oblivious to anything going on around them.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Um, not all kids are stupid "these" days. There's always some bad ones no matter what "days" you live in.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hell hath no fury like an angry Mom!!

Try not to bust your son's butt too hard now, cause the day will come when he gets to pick your care home

All kidding aside, I think kids these days really are that stupid. Back in my day we didn't do stuff like that (or at least were careful not to get caught) and we def. did not confront other kids parents. No Ma'am!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I wouldn't blame this generation. All generations have had the same issues.

Stupidity is definitely a word for it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Because kids think life is an xbox game.

Eh so what if I mess up, just reset the game and try again.

Lack of discipline and respect is all it boils down to.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
im currently 18, my best friend had this over obsessive ex girlfriend once, he was focusing more on school and whatnot and eventually broke up with her. she couldnt handle this, so she went out, got about 20 of her friends (3 of which were mma fighters, not professional, but mma fighters none the less) and almost killed him, i was doing first aid for a good while until the ambulance came. it was #ing ridiculous. we had to talk one of our friends whos father is a gun owner out of going out and blasting them away. i personally have never had problems with kids, but i see this kind of crap every day, and looking at the younger generations, kids get dumber like this every year, 2 kids would have been a walk in the park compared to what ive seen. heck, ive seen a kid get curb stomped before (where they put the kids teeth on the curb and stomp on his head), and god forbid that the kid calls the cops, he'll have 10 more guys on him. worst part is, i live in a pretty decently wealthy town.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
shoot a couple shotgun blasts in the air bet it won't happen again.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
simple answer...yes they are :/

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

OMG that is so horrible! I hope the police got involved. Is he ok? I mean no long term problems?
It's funny you mention the type of town you live in, because it really seems to not matter any more. We live in a fairly small town, probably more upper middle class. I have noticed in the past that there isn't as much parental involvement as there should be.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeoflyman

Wow, hubby, is that you? LOL he said the exact same thing.
Which is why I'm kinda glad he wasn't there, because I actually made her cry. I was going to call her dad!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

Yikes...I'm Australian (21), our way of life is going down hill, I've never seen/heard anything like you've described but it sure looks like its heading that way...only knew what a gutter stomp was when I watched American History X...There's an ugly side(s) to every country...

Peace,

SoS

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Stupidity has never skipped a generation. Each has been just a stupid as the last.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Kids of any time can and will be stupid at times. Take my co worker for example. He was working in his yard when a vehicle drove up, slowed down and he heard what he thought were gunshots. He hit the ground and pulled his pistol as the car sped off. He decided not to return fire as the car sped away. As he looked around for what got hit he noticed paint spots, those stupid kids could have lost their lives because they thought it would be fun to do a drive by paint balling. Lucky for them my co worker showed restraint.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

ya, i live in canada, the police did get involved, but because of their large numbers, all of which denying it, and there really was no evidense, the cops cant do anything. its really sad actually. im just gonna try and stick to school, go to university, and live out on a military base hopefully. dont get me wrong though, there are still some good places to live, my old town in british columbia, i went to visit not to long ago, and i didnt see any negativity, although i only stayed for a week and a bit. currently, in my final year in high school, i swear, 99% of kids drink on a regular basis, im the only person i know that doesnt drink (and again, this is a bit of a rich neighbourhood), and about 85% of kids do drugs, mainly marijuana, but some do E and even coc aine. its just something you wouldnt expect from a more upper class neighbourhood. i lived in other towns where this is even worse. i guess this is stuff you would only see as a teenager though, just driving through the town and whatnot, it seems like a good town. im just upset that due to their larger numbers,and lack of evidense that the cops couldnt do anything. my uncles currently in afghanistan and i swear it would be safer over there lol

new topics

top topics

join