It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allowing Sleep Paralysis to take control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Recently while im sleeping i have a problem with sleep paralysis. It usually starts off with a dream and then i wake from the dream but i cant move or speak, but i can see. Its a big struggle to try and awake from this state, sometimes im even tricked by sounds that may be comforting like my parents talkiing or sumthing but i know its not real and i force myself to awaken. My question is what would happen if i were allow the sleep paralysis to take control, Meaning what would happen if i dont try to get out of the sleep paralysis state?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The first instinct is to fight the paralysis but if you let it take over you will have a true out of body experience.
The voices are common and they are the voices of others having the same experience.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The first instinct is to fight the paralysis but if you let it take over you will have a true out of body experience.
The voices are common and they are the voices of others having the same experience.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by marg6043]
Thats very interesting. I always try and fight the paralysis, but tonight if i have the experience i will try and let it run its course so to speak. Once i achieve this OOBE what exactly am i to do?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh and sometimes i get the feeling (during sleep paralysis) that theyre is a loud television or radio playing. Not sure if that means anything just speaking from experience.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah, that is all part of it even sometimes you will hear people arguing, I guess our senses become more acute during this time.

After you have the out of body experience you will feel energized and will stop being scare of them and they will become easier to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to enter sleep paralysis intentionally? I would be too lazy to fight it so I could probably oobe easily lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yeah, that is all part of it even sometimes you will hear people arguing, I guess our senses become more acute during this time.

After you have the out of body experience you will feel energized and will stop being scare of them and they will become easier to do.

Good info thanks....I take it youve had OOBE's before. what can one accomplish in an OOBE? Id like to have one but its very hard to overcome that first step.....

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have a lot of spiritual learning and I have been to places that look to me like in between worlds, some others is like people teaching me things or like telling me how about life is kind of hard to describe but you can become addicted to this.

And for having them or forcing yourself to do them, well, I can not do them voluntarily but some people claim they can.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
umm, sleep paralisys is just your body waking before your brain, if you let it take control waking up might be easier.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Lone Spartan
Does anyone know how to enter sleep paralysis intentionally? I would be too lazy to fight it so I could probably oobe easily lol.

I did the other night, and its not really easy.. I can only do it shortly after waking up in the middle of the night or morning. Just try to relax every part of your body and only concentrate on your breathing, and dont think of anything but your breathing, after a while I feel my hands and feet falling asleep (vibrating and tingling and getting colder) then it goes to the middle of my body and last my head, at that point I just keep telling myself Im totally asleep except for my breath.. the next step after that is OBE if you can get to it without getting freaked out by the vibrations, etc.. that night I didnt OBE, but I could tell I was very very close.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
concentrate on the vibrations. Feel as though it is your etheric body seperating from your physical. Relax even though the sensation can be unpleasant. Dont try to move, physically...

Next will be OOBE, astral projection, or lucid dream...when you finally stop fighting thats when it gets interesting

To induce the SP..try to maintain awareness as you fall asleep, like when you hear yourself snore... dont eat or drink excessively. I instantly get SP IF I go out all night (stay awake) then goto work and then come home exhausted and fall asleep quickily.
You can try setting an alarm for the middle of the night, and go back to sleep...You are more likely to lapse into SP at that time

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Is this the begining of astral projecting?? I have experienced this for many years, and to be totally honest it scares the living sh** out of me. It starts out at my toes, and moves up my body. Each successive part of my body feels like stone, I cant move it or anything. I have always been to scarred to let it get any further then my chest. When this happens I have to struggle to get myself out of this situation.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILLCREEK
Is this the begining of astral projecting?? I have experienced this for many years, and to be totally honest it scares the living sh** out of me. It starts out at my toes, and moves up my body. Each successive part of my body feels like stone, I cant move it or anything. I have always been to scarred to let it get any further then my chest. When this happens I have to struggle to get myself out of this situation.

This is normal
If you let it get past your chest, you may feel as if you cant breathe, like there is something (or someone) pressing down upon you
The only thing I can tell you is that this sensation is normal for sufferers of SP. Some even have hallucinations of demons, witches, or aliens constricting their movement.

It is freaking HARD to do, but one CAN eventually overcome the inherent fear (to some small degree)

If you are willing to try, knock yourself out

If the fear proves to be too much, dont let that bother you. The fear this experience engenders is palpable and feels real. Anyone who tells you to "go with it" or "let the light in" or "feel your true self" during such fear-inducing states has likely never experienced one themself. It is FUC%!NG terrifying at times.

If you can get through that palpable fear stage, more power to you!

Fellow SP victim
Corvus Corax

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You know for years now i have been glad that i dont have my SP anymore. But now that you mention it I want it back
. Although I had many bad times with it when I was younger, now that I am older I belive that I would be able to get passed the SP and have a OOBE. I have always wanted to experiance something that intesting. Are there any other tips to having SP other than the ones already mentioned. An Sp although fearfull to some was part of my daily life when i was 6-7. I witnessed it so many times that eventually i was able to break free with relitve ease as i knew what to do and how to do it. After that i was always able to control my dreams with such power that whatever i wanted to dream *poof* it was there. You name it, hot chicks, flying, driving (not anymore), etc. Anyway it was very cool to be able to do that and my brother was very envious of me. Too bad though beucase since i have stopped haveing SP i no longer am able to fully control my dreams and seem to be lost in their wim now. Maybe it has something to do with my Sleep talking and walking that my wife has been complaining about
. Pretty much every day now she wakes up and starts telling me how i was talking in my sleep last night and that i kept her awake with abunch of nonsence about things. And when i ask her to tell me she says "for goodness sake, im not repeating that, infact i dont even want to talk about it any more".
does she not love me in any more i havent got it on in awhile now
. Maybe i should go see a counciler. Anyway this is getting off topic, anyone who has SP right now concider yourslef lucky, i wish i was you

new topics

top topics

join