It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Stigmatizing lawful firearm owners

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Ok big man. Come on over here, lets see how well your martial arts does against one of the coyotes here on the east coast.

What lol, a coyote? Come on you wuss, a coyote lol. I have brought trained dogs to the ground and you talk about a coyote?

Sure a bear, I agree on that. When is the last time you got attacked by a bear if you weren't on his turf? Just don't go where you don't belong. Bears don't attack farms, unless stupid hunters killed all their reserves.

If no one had a gun and you feel the NEED to have one, you are weak.

Oh and to the dude that said a weak argument like : I bet you couldn't lift 20 pounds.
It was a really bad argument, unfounded and just shows how you had nothing better to say. I win there and everywhere lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It scares me knowing the government is trying to make us defenseless!They're trying to take our protection from us!

What they don't get is if another country invades the people would be powerless!If most people have guns then the people could help out their country out by being able to defend themselves!

If other countries know everybody in Canada has guns they might think twice about invading because our whole country would be armed!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
They should ban all guns in Canada, U.S and Mexico. Law abiding citizens shouldn't be armed only criminals and government workers need guns.

Probably one of the most unthinking posts I've seen. "Only criminals need guns" And what do the rest of us do, set there and scream for help while we're getting robbed, raped and beaten? It's that attitude that the anti gun folks LOVE to hear. You've obviously never been in a situation where your life or property were on the line. If it's ever your or a loved ones life on the line, your opinion is gonna change. FAST.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let me try to pull this thread back on topic and ask our northern brothers and sisters a question...
in the story they wrote

Our current gun control legislation has made gun ownership an anti-social behaviour, in and of itself. And it has created gun crimes that never existed before.

they go on to say police and prosecutors are dubious of the mental stability of anyone who owns a gun, just because they own one.

My question is... are they right???
Is that the way you all feel????

If so don't you as citizens of your great country have the power to voice to your leaders your concerns???

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

You are full of #.

Took down trained dogs with your bare hands my ass. You think anyone will believe that?

Maybe you think you are a tough guy and want to fight wild animals, I would rather shoot them. Internet tough guys are great....

BTW I am in construction, I lift heavy things all the time. Still doesn't make me want to fight with coyotes and bears. I bet you hunt deer and moose with your bearhands too eh? Chase down rabbit and squirrel too. Jump in the water and catch fish with your teeth instead of a fishing pole. Yeah right.

edit on Fri, 13 May 2011 10:56:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
What lol, a coyote? Come on you wuss, a coyote lol. I have brought trained dogs to the ground and you talk about a coyote?

Sure a bear, I agree on that. When is the last time you got attacked by a bear if you weren't on his turf? Just don't go where you don't belong. Bears don't attack farms, unless stupid hunters killed all their reserves.

Alot of people have places in cottage country and bears come to you. Ever had a black bear trying to break through your kitchen window to get at food at 3am? Obviously not or you wouldn't have such an opinion on bears.

Also, as a nephew of a women who has trained rottweiler guard dogs for security companies for 40 years I can assure you that you wouldn't take a trained dog to the floor, unless its a small breed, it would be the other way around.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Maybe the brainwashed city folks feel that way, but us country folk are the same as the country folk back in the US. People here are not taught to fear simple tools....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Maybe the brainwashed city folks feel that way, but us country folk are the same as the country folk back in the US. People here are not taught to fear simple tools....

there ya go... couldn't have said it better myself... a tool... with a purpose...
even a hammer can be abused in the wrong hands...

maybe what we really need is better signage... we should make stupid irresponsible people wear a sign that reads... don't give me guns, I'm an idiot... wouldnt that solve most of the problems?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d042096660fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
they go on to say police and prosecutors are dubious of the mental stability of anyone who owns a gun, just because they own one.

My question is... are they right???
Is that the way you all feel????

If so don't you as citizens of your great country have the power to voice to your leaders your concerns???

No they are not right and that is not the way the majority of Canadians feel. That should be obvious by the reluctence and refusal of gun owners to comply with the BS gun registry. This whole issue came out of Toronto who's citizens happen to think is only place that matters.

edit on 13-5-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ok ok, you do have great arguments on allowing guns on farms and places close to the woods, I didn't know bear attacks really happened. Although, I still think they wouldn't attack if we didn't scarce them from food one way or the other. Anyway, it's just not like that.

Congrats, you guys have made my mind changed about the fundamental idea, I do agree that it is a right to have what it takes to protect your family and since martial arts with just ones body isn't enough in a lot situations to protect yourself without getting hurt, we need guns.

But it will always be a double edged-sword. If some should be allowed to have guns, it is unsafe to NOT have a gun to protect yourself or your family. That brings other problems because guns are in overall dangerous, it is the reason why they we're created in the first place.

If everyone had a gun on them all the time and we're educated on how to handle it has part of basic education in would make more sense to me then only some to be allowed.

Why would a robber try to rob a store if he knew everyone was armed and know exactly how to kill you with it?
He probably wouldn't.

Now, how do you make sure the guns are really used for protection and not to killed innocent people and then lying to the authorities?
At the moment you can't.

I've had these arguments in my mind since I don't know how long, forever, and in my point of view, my perfect world is WITHOUT guns and martial arts training to everyone. But our world in imperfect, no use fighting the fact.

I just taught if an idea, maybe some others already did, but here goes.

What if all guns needed to be registered and we implanted digital satellite cameras on em, that record what you shoot trough a flash disk in the gun, the nearest satellites AND to every wifi in the area. Make it almost impossible to hack and if someone does hack it, if he does commit a crime, he is to be judge automatically guilty. Of course some exceptions are bound to happen, hey it's life.

I didn't think of the whole idea, but I think you got me with your comments, I think in this world we need guns.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

they kind of already make what you suggest... the sad part is that in this day and age we need somthing like this

The Shotcam is an integrated targeting, illumination and video documentation accessory for firearms. It takes a still photograph at the moment the weapon is fired. This is great for duty officers and civilian's as it provides documentation of shots fired

It 's not cheap

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
they kind of already make what you suggest... the sad part is that in this day and age we need somthing like this

Great minds...think alike...bad timing lol
Day and age, I think humanity has always been that way till now.

I see it exists ...a bit too gigantic atm and of course if you make 200 it's not cheap, if you make 500 million of em, it's another story.
I think it's well worth the price to pay for gun control.
The more the elite gets part of the money, the less it seems relevant has "energy".

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If the government was willing to foot the bill, I would have no problem with having those installed. As long as it don't have GPS trackers in it at least

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Martial arts is a great tool no doubt, I like jeet kune do myself, but there are situations where guns are a better idea. At least 1/2 of the meet/fish/birds we eat through the year is through hunting, way more when we hit the moose hunting liscence lottery.
Defense really is only a part of the need for guns. Plus, it is just plain fun to go out and fire off a few hundred rounds targets once in a while.
edit on Fri, 13 May 2011 13:43:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm in Canada and I support gun rights. Back when I was younger and I listened to my parents, which were sheeple, I was against guns too.

But no more. I know lots of people with guns... and they are more free thinking than the lemmings who are afraid of guns.

Free men have guns (if they want), slaves do not.

Get rid of all the gun laws in Canada already.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
youtu.be...
edit on 13-5-2011 by violence=answer because: i was busy with your mom and made a typo

edit on Fri May 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One-Line or Short Responses

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Listen Up!!!!

Please discuss the topic, and not each other, in a respectful manner.
First and last reminder:

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Ok ok, you do have great arguments on allowing guns on farms and places close to the woods, I didn't know bear attacks really happened. Although, I still think they wouldn't attack if we didn't scarce them from food one way or the other. Anyway, it's just not like that.

Bear attacks and the incidents of bears coming on peoples property and doing dammage are on the rise in Northern Ontario where my lodge is located. I used to work for the Minisrty of Natural Resources so my information comes from examples that I have seen first hand. You mainly have three types of black bears:

"Dump bears" -bears that have grown up in and around city dumps and have used those dumps for food sources. These types of bears are very rarely violent and are quite 'docile' as they don't posses the skills needed for hunting and rather rely on mankinds rape of the wilderness in the form of dumps to survive. It's actually quite sad to see these great creatures act in such a way. Often they will have to be put down because they contract diseases from the dumps themselves. It's a sad situation.

"Wildreness Bears" -These bears will spook in an instant from the slightest bit of noise. They fear mankind and will never approach him. They are able to survive in the wilderness and find food on a regular basis. They tend to stay away from cities and villages and generally have a very GOOD distrust of mankind. These are the types of bears you WANT. These are natural bears that haven't been molested by mankinds reach into the wilderness.

"Humanized Bears" -These bears are the most dangerous and the ones you have to be on the lookout for while camping or at the cottage. They often will break into homes looking for food while the owners are inside. I have seen them completely tear to pieces an SUV to get at the food locked inside. They don't fear mankind in any way and will approach without warning. These bears have often been "humanized" because people have offered them food either by the road or around the cottage. People should never ever feed a bear as this is what causes a bear to become dangerous and often be put down after multiple attempts to relocate them fail. These bears are one of the multiple reasons why people living in the north require firearms. Sometimes a shot above the bears head will be enough to scare the bear away, sometimes it it's not.

"The Spring Bear Hunt"- For many years the Ontario Spring Bear hunt was allowed to continue and the bear population was kept in check. In 1997 the Spring Bear Hunt was cancled and ever since there has been a steady rise in incidence of bears coming into cities, doing dammage, attacking, etc. The Spring Bear Hunt kept the bear populous at a level that was in balance with mans residence in the north of Ontario. Unfortunately the last time I checked the bear hunt was still on hold and Ontarian's are faced with more and more bears coming into contact with them on thier properties.

I've had these arguments in my mind since I don't know how long, forever, and in my point of view, my perfect world is WITHOUT guns and martial arts training to everyone. But our world in imperfect, no use fighting the fact.

This would be fine and dandy if the "certain groups" in Toronto fought one on one and had the slightest sense of morality or values. However in most cases these thugs are cowards and often roam in packs like dogs looking for weak targets to take down. They are often armed and the best thing for these types of inner city trash would be a quick bullet to the head. Unfortunately in Canada only the thugs are allowed to conceal and carry and the process of aquiring a carry permit in Canada is an extremely lengthy one. The process is so invasive, long and tedious, that most Canadians can't be bothered anymore.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and tell me how people get to the point of simply owning something has become illegal ?

So, if I decided to own some sarin or cook up a bit of mustard gas, then that should be allowed ?
After all, it shouldn't be illegal to own these...

How about if I wanted to collect some live viruses - in the same way as someone else may wish to collect stamps or coins ?

Hang on a second; if I've got vials of HIV, Marburg and bubonic plague - all I need is a bit of Ebola to really boost my collection.

I'm a law-abiding citizen, so why shouldn't I be able to own samples of live viruses ?

You're not going to go all ''pre-crime'' on me and tell me I shouldn't be allowed to own potential chemical and biological weapons or deadly live viruses, are you ?

Originally posted by neo96
i am pro second ammendment and it doesnt matter where you live i will always be on the citizens side of their rights to keep and bear arms even if you dont have a second ammendment.

You are pro the 2nd Amendment, therefore you believe that people are entitled to carry unconcealable single-shot duelling pistols or muskets.

Anything else, and you are dishonestly twisting the intentions of your founding fathers and the Constitution that they wrote.

I'm no fan of the motley bunch of reprobates that penned your Constitution, but you should, at least, respect the intentions of the people who wrote it !

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

wow now theres a strawman argument if i have ever seen one

talk about dishonesty and twisting of things.

wow are you british still upset that a bunch of farmers and frontiersman won our independence from you people?

heres some honesty you do your username a disservice and i am no fan of the tripe you expouse.

blah your not worth the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join