It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Stigmatizing lawful firearm owners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Uh oh, don't get all whiney on me now like most liberals do, lol. (I just said that with a heavy lisp to really get you going, hehe) I'll grab a mass load of Toronto NEWS reports for you from the last WEEK or so if I can find them. I was alluding to the number of times I come home from work, turn on my television set and see shootings in Toronto. Yes, it happens every few days or so, sometimes everyday and mostly on the weekends. If you are ignoring the fact that these shootings are occuring in your own city then that's your problem. If you are ignoring that there's a problem with a "certain group" of people in Toronto comitting gun crimes, again, then that's your problem. However, please, spare us law abiding gun owners your bleeding heart biased viewpoint by trying to link the majority of gun crimes to us law abiding tax paying gun owning citizens, it ain't going to stick.

Lets see, when was the last time I heard of a corner store being robbed with a registered rifle or shotgun, or any incident involving a rifle for that matter, it's very difficult for me to recall when I last heard of one on the NEWS. However, I most certainly can recall the last number of times thugs exchanged fire on Toronto's streets most likely using ilegal hand guns.

Can you show me some NEWS links regarding the reported use of registered rifles or shotguns that have been used in a crime within the last WEEK within the city of Toronto?

Now, according to Comte, ilegal gun crimes don't occur very often in Toronto... Comte obviously lives elsewhere or doesn't watch the NEWS very often. This is the tip of the Ice-Berg from the last few days... Please, when viewing the links take note of the dates at the top of the articles.

I can provide more if need be, but I think I have proven my point fairly well, just as us Conservatives did in the last election.

www.cp24.com...

www.cp24.com...

www.cp24.com...

www.cp24.com...

www.cp24.com...

www.cp24.com...

www.cp24.com...

edit on 13-5-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Cops hate the registry
there is an automatic call put in to the registry
when the cops get certain types of calls
so the use statistics are BOGUS
but because the registry only warns of LEGAL guns
it is useless when dealing with criminals
so the police have to disregard it.

Harper is a corporate bilderberger stooge
as was Martin before and Ignatieffe
this is not disputable owing to the published proof
the bilderberger UN
they are the ones after your guns
DUH!

PS
when the ptb want gun crime in TO to help push the agenda
they just turn off the drugs for a while so the gangs have to hit on each other
then they turn the cash back err I mean drugs back on later
after they get their press

remember the gun amnesty in TO and the cops were just selling the guns right back out onto the street?

the bilderbergers are a communist and fascist as it gets
as are their stooges
consevative?
hahah
thats funny

without all the BS hype
how could they Have got the BILLION and change for the security for the g meeting?
a billion that went to stormtrooperize the force nationally...

edit on 13-5-2011 by Danbones because: PS

edit on 13-5-2011 by Danbones because: PPS

edit on 13-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
reply to post by TheComte

Uh oh, don't get all whiney on me now like most liberals do, lol. (I just said that with a heavy lisp to really get you going, hehe) I'll grab a mass load of Toronto NEWS reports for you from the last WEEK or so if I can find them. I was alluding to the number of times I come home from work, turn on my television set and see shootings in Toronto. Yes, it happens every few days or so. If you are ignoring the fact that these shootings are occuring in your own city then that's your problem. If you are ignoring that there's a problem with a "certain group" of people in Toronto comitting gun crimes, again, then that's your problem. However, please, spare us law abiding gun owners your bleeding heart biased viewpoint by trying to link the majority of gun crimes to us law abiding tax paying gun owning citizens, it ain't going to stick.

Pfeh the other kind of typical Torontonian the "weekend good old boy". Whether its a "certain group" from regent park or a "certain group" from a rich BC suburb doesn't make any difference son. Why you have to drag that BS into this is beyond me. Points been made and put to bed already.

By the way next time you go to the cottage don't block up the damn main road it's called a backroad learn to use it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Now what 'BS' would you be alluding to, boy?

Btw, I no longer live in that over-priced has been of a city called Toronto, I moved out a few years ago along with many others to the north of the city away from all the noise, pollution and garbage.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
People its coming down to the wire, TSA is bringing in checkpoints everywhere, then the next move is door to door. everything you ever feared about FEMA camps and the non closure of Guantanamo will become the reality in our worst nightmares as they are hauling us off in droves on cattle cars.

people just wont grasp this thinking its only meant for the crooks and terrorists, but its for EVERYONE.
if you want to know how they are going to chip you, this will be their excuse. you either get the chip or you cant own a gun, you either get the chip or you go to the camp because you were in possession of a gun. you either take the chip or we'll set you up and you're going to the camp anyway, whether you get the chip or not

no one wants to listen so you are all on your own , just let it be known you've been fully warned and you know what you need to be doing now with your guns before TSA starts knocking on your door

its called preventative medicine

don't be skeered, inoculate them before they go viral
edit on 13-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Also, keep in my mind, when a gun crime IS comitted using a registered rifle or firearm, the biased media in Toronto are ready at the go to jump all over it in a heartbeat, so it's not like these events go un-noticed, but rather happen extremely rarely.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This is the most left wing commentator from the most liberal left wing news organization in Canada . It's from 2007 and absolutely nothing has changed , but may if Canuks get rid of the useless registry .

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Brilliant video Bandito, thanks for sharing as I hadn't seen that one before. I'm actually quite suprised the CBC even allowed such a report. Out of all the reporters for the CBC I have always admired Rex Murphy over the years and his "tell it like it is" style. Rex hits the nail directly on the head in all of his talking points about the useless gun registry and Toronto's gun crime problems.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Ok big man. Come on over here, lets see how well your martial arts does against one of the coyotes here on the east coast.. Just to let you know, they are around the size of a large husky

How about a bear? Think you can take one?

Yeah I will stick to my guns tough guy.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hey mod,

Did you read the line about the Op loosing his kid? Had he been armed, that story might have changed.

Liberal pacifist's such as yourself, need to be in their own little enclave where THEY can be gun free and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

As soon as word gets out yall are "easy pickens", afterwards, you will have either turned to pro gun conservatives or the memory of a bad idea.

What part of demanding the right to defend yourself do you not get? If you have a religious reason for not owning a weapon, great. the rest of us will defend your choice to do so AND keep your hide intact.

If you are only a "oh, guns are bad. we must love each other type", we will likewise install a flashing neon sign in your front yard that reads "UNARMED! PLEASE VISIT".

btw, how do you think the early canuks survived before the sprawling liberal metropolis's existed? They were armed to the gill!

ball is in your court mod!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know, I agree with you.

Farmers NEED rifles, hunters NEED rifles. NOBODY needs handguns, or assault rifles or anything of that nature outside of law enforcement. That's the point I was trying to get at. I am from a farming community, grew up on a farm so I definetly see the need for it.

As for having guns, yes I own a little collecton of hunting rifles and shotguns that I hardly ever use as they are primarily for hunting and maybe some range shooting every now and then when I get bored.

My problem has always been with small arms, assault weapons and those sorts of things. They cause more problems than they solve. Now if I lived in the US, it would be a different story, I would probably fully support gun ownership rights for small arms as they are ingrained in American culture and America's Constitution.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/12/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

I wonder how fast your opinion will change when you're lying in a pool of your own blood, being mercilessly stabbed to death by some random lunatic. I bet then you'll be wishing to god himself you had a handgun.

Contrary to popular belief, the police DO NOT protect people. Police only serve as fund raising agents through issuing of tickets, and supervisors at crime scenes AFTER you've been murdered.

Sure, once in a blue moon the police might be able to intervene, but when the # really goes down, you're on your own. I have my handgun, and I carry it EVERYWHERE I go, no exceptions. Don't worry though, if I'm ever a witness to your brutal assault, I wont intervene. I'll respect your opinion on handguns, and will keep it holstered for you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
People its coming down to the wire, TSA is bringing in checkpoints everywhere, then the next move is door to door. everything you ever feared about FEMA camps and the non closure of Guantanamo will become the reality in our worst nightmares as they are hauling us off in droves on cattle cars.

people just wont grasp this thinking its only meant for the crooks and terrorists, but its for EVERYONE.
if you want to know how they are going to chip you, this will be their excuse. you either get the chip or you cant own a gun, you either get the chip or you go to the camp because you were in possession of a gun. you either take the chip or we'll set you up and you're going to the camp anyway, whether you get the chip or not

no one wants to listen so you are all on your own , just let it be known you've been fully warned and you know what you need to be doing now with your guns before TSA starts knocking on your door

its called preventative medicine

don't be skeered, inoculate them before they go viral
edit on 13-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

No my brother.

They know if this happens, all bets are off (least here in the south).

They MIGHT get 1 house....maybe.

After that, neighborhoods will be militarized and not by the feds. Local cops (at least in small towns) will join right in.

Nah, Cas sunstein will just regulate the hell out of us
.....at least for a little bit.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Yeah, so they can kill each other
2nd

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Even if we do register guns, do they actually think that if something snaps in some dudes head that this guy will care if his gun is registered or not? He wont care. He'll grab the first gun he sees and blast away which in Canada doesn't happen all that often anyway. Like the saying says "Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control."

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

what is the difference
a lot of the times?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
They should ban all guns in Canada, U.S and Mexico. Law abiding citizens shouldn't be armed only criminals and government workers need guns.

I hope this is Sarcasm.

you would think a sight for sceptics wouldn't have this much trouble figuring out sarcasm without having to explain it . aahhhh sarcasm....ahhh weeahhh dont get that round c'here.
edit on 13-5-2011 by citizen3273676 because: forgot to post hit wrong button again

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's been said a million times but it's still true. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I could just as easily murder somebody with hundreds of common things found around the home. The most reliable weapon ever made is the knife and in 2009 Canada had more stabbing deaths than gun related deaths. Should we ban all knives and everything pointy?

The problem is the justice system. Murder, whether by gun,knife,assualt,etc, should be treated so harshly people would be scared to do it. If people knew with 100% certainty that if you murdered somebody while commiting a crime you would be sentenced to death or at least life without parole, murders would drop drastically. There's nothing that can be done about some people because they are wacked in the head, but alot of criminals would hang it up in fear because they are natural cowards anyway. Thats why they carry the gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join