It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

limewire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
anybody use lime wire is it safe ?

or is it just another way of spreading viruses?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
No P2P client is safe from the RIAA and so. Its good from Viruses and the likes. It uses the old Gnutella network that Napster used to run on. It doesnt have the greatest number of people on it. Id just stick with Kazaa Lite K++.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I tried it for a few days but couldn't get the thing to work. Personally, I use Kazaa Lite. Its fast, reliable and doesnt have spyware included.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I tried it for a few days but couldn't get the thing to work. Personally, I use Kazaa Lite. Its fast, reliable and doesnt have spyware included.

Thats not the website for Kazaa Lite...it doesnt have one because Sharman Networks has made it illegal cuz it infringes on the Copyright of Kazaa Media Desktop. Ironic I know. You can find it on OldVersions.com...the most stable version is 2.4.3

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Nah, now even oldversion.com removed it. (Sharman Networks asked for it.) It's pretty hard to find on the net now. Luckily I saved my self a copy of version 2.4.3

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Thanks for that info, Dreamland and Morbid. Not that I need a copy since I already have one, but I hate giving out wrong info.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The file sharing programs I use are:

* LimeWire - Best for documents I find.
* WinMX - Superb for music.
* Overnet & Edonkey2000 - Good overall.

I find LimeWire very good indeed... Had no problems with it at all.

All the above are virus and spyware free.

I used to use KaZaA, but it had too much spyware - so just got rid of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh yeah...forgot about WinMX. I actually use it more than K++ for those random music that I need. I only really use K++ for files that I cant find anywhere else.

new topics

top topics

join