It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the "police" shows on TV and war themes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Are they prepping people for martial law storm troopers running around? Can they at least come out with a decent remake of quantum leap?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Umm, there have been shows like that for decades. I think you may be noticing them more with all the martial law conspiracies ( I do think it's going to happen though, my neighbor who is a Desert storm vet asked me if I had ever heard of the FEMA camps, he asked me out of the blue, he said its inevitable but we won't see it, maybe our grand children will though) and such going around.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Kojak loves ya baby!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I might add the same thing occurs on Australia TV.

Th three commerical TV stations her always have, unless there is some mjor news story, crime and road crashes as their lead stories.

funny that.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It sells.

Are you crazy man!! They can't remake quantum leap!
edit on 12/5/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Cops, lawyers, doctors.

It's what most people want, I guess.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Yes, there have been cop shows for years, I agree. but here of late, some nights that is the only fare for the discerning television watcher. I like movies, but a good movie on TV seem to be a rarity these days. As far as I am concerned, the only real good cop show is NCIS, the rest pale by comparison.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by kimish

Yes, there have been cop shows for years, I agree. but here of late, some nights that is the only fare for the discerning television watcher. I like movies, but a good movie on TV seem to be a rarity these days. As far as I am concerned, the only real good cop show is NCIS, the rest pale by comparison.

NCIS has that one chick.

Yeah..

But look at all the police shows...

House
The Closer
The SHIELD
Detriot 187
Leverage
Memphis Beat
Southland
White Collar
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
Burn Notice

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My friend, who is a producer in Hollywood, says that in the industry all TV is called "filler."

Weapons manufacturers, and police suppliers are some of the few industries that are not broke, and can afford to pay for the making of TV shows. Some stories lend themselves better to product placement than others. Plots with villans can be followed by a seven year old.

"You're still watching filler?" My friend says derisively.

/shrug
David Grouchy

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Perhaps these police shows are meant to brainwash the public into believing if you go up against the police (or government), you will never win! One example is how police stick together by lying in court for each other. Think of all the killings that have happened since the police were given Tazers, yet no cops that I know of have ever been convicted in connection with these deaths. Are today's cops afraid of receiving a bruise or two by having to wrestle a drunk to the ground? These heroes even use their tazers on children! I do understand the adrenalin high the cops are on when involved in a high speed chase, but I don't understand their need to drag some guy from his vehicle and kick the tar out of him at the end of it. I understand the need for any cops involved in the chase, gathering together and discussing everything that happened, but when the cameras show them laughing and joking about how the suspect was dragged from his vehicle, and who did what to him, I almost want to puke! Whenever I see something like this, I see a bunch of hotheads out hoping for trouble, yet these television shows paints then as heroes. The producers of police shows are happy with all the money being generated, and most of the police who appear on the shows, have all that empty space in their heads filled with a sense of self worship, and the fact they can do no wrong! Most of the cops I now speak of, are young and often fairly fresh out of the academy. They haven't yet become disallusioned regarding their careers, and still believe they can make a difference! I'm sure most get into policing for the security and benefits that allow them to support a family, but there are many who love the authority given them by the uniform, and are on one big power trip! During their school years most would have been bullies! I miss the days when police could be respected instead of feared the way most are today!

new topics

top topics

join