It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Increased Activity:Well guarded Military facility in Tabor City, N.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This facility, everyone thought was going to be a textile mill or something like it. It was completed, then everyone left and locked the gates for a week. Yesterday, 7-31-2004 at 7am, Military vehicles started rolling in. When the last one was inside, they locked down the place and maintain a 1 mile distance ( the length of the entrance driveway )

This facility is located off hwy 701 north in Tabor City, N.C. There have been tankers arriving ( fuel types ) hummers by the dozens, MP'S, Helicopters flying in. We can't find their frequencies on the low bands or the vhf or uhf. The normal freq's that we hear traffic on from Ft. Bragg, Pope AFB and the many Navy & Marine aircraft are not producing any references to this place. Need help to identify.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 3-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hey everyone.

This came through on the anon news feature the other day.

Does anyone know anything about this facility ??

Or can confirm anything in this post?

Thanks JB1

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Tabor City map of area in question:

maps.yahoo.com...

Demographics of area in question:

www.city-data.com...

Topo Map of area in question:

terraserver.microsoft.com...

Satellite Image of area in question:

terraserver.microsoft.com...

Events of interest in area of question:

news.google.com...

www.thestate.com...
www.thestate.com...

Hurricane/Tropical Storm near area of question:

weather.yahoo.com...

weather.yahoo.com...

Lots of military bases in the area of question on the "Crystal Coast" -- I will not name any here.

Conclusion: Tabor City is a tiny hamlet in Podunk. There's a high crime rate there and lots of people are related that live there. There's a TV station in the area and the town has military installations around it. There's been some concern about a hurricane in the area and weather maps suggest another scare may be coming in a few weeks. The satellite imagery and topographical maps show no anomalies. So, therefore, I conclude that "What's going on in Tabor City" is minor, though secure, prepartion for the hurricane season.

Anyone else is welcome to add/subtract/multiply/divide this brief intelligence report about Tabor City, NC.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Thanks wolfpsy.

Anyone else ?

It seems a little over the top for a Hurricane Preperation.(I speak from experience) Helicopters,for instance,would be better stored inland and flown in when needed and with no immediate weather threat and Hurricane season only just starting up,I just don't think that's the right answer.

I'd say it was some kind of reaction force or a military storage facility.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, just saw report Lyndi England, the dog leash MP involved with the prison scandal, goes on trial today. Just showed her walking into court and she is 7 months pregnant too! This is all at Fort Bragg, NC.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A women going to prision pregnent? That is outrageous, the kid didnt do anything wrong did he?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Very strange (if true)....

Sounds something similar to something I read in a book lately.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
A women going to prision pregnent? That is outrageous, the kid didnt do anything wrong did he?

I don't expect they'll keep the kid in prison...

I think an Iraqi prisoner in actually the father, bizarre.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I know someone who lives in Wilmington, I'll make a call and see if they know or have heard anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
It seems a little over the top for a Hurricane Preperation.(I speak from experience) Helicopters,for instance,would be better stored inland and flown in when needed and with no immediate weather threat and Hurricane season only just starting up,I just don't think that's the right answer.

I'd say it was some kind of reaction force or a military storage facility.

I agree John, it does seem quite unusual for storm preperation. I'm not quite sure how such high security would fit into that. If we could get the numbers on the choppers or some kind of insignia then we could figure out what units are involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Judging by the topos, it's pretty swampy there, so not likely to have any kind of under ground facility. I also noticed that it is very, very close to the North/South Carolina borders. And it looks like there are 2 airstrips right near there.

I wouldn't have a clue about what strategic position Tabor City would have.

top topics

join