It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is silver supposed to go up? Freaking out a little

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Two days ago I bought some silver. And in that time it has been going down.

Does any financial guru here have any advice, or know when it's supposed to rise?

Thanks in advance

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It won't, hold on to it it will be valuable one day again.

Perhaps no dentists are around at the time the price is soaring.....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Consider giving it a little more time man. Don't start to panic after just two days. Also be aware that no one can guarantee that it IS going to go up for sure; the market is unpredictable.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

sorry ,,, its my fault.....

i sold all my silver at just over 50.00

but it should go back up REAL SOON...

less then a month..... stocks are crashing (again)..

if i may ask,,,,, what did you buy at...$???

if it dips below $30.00 i'm might buy back a few hundred ounce's
edit on 5/12/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on this stuff but this guy seems to think that it will hit $100 by some time in 2012. This recent drop was just a minor correction. (So he says)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You may have bought at the top end of the bubble.

Interesting side note ... I noticed that while the spot price of silver has slipped quite a bit over the past week, 1 oz American eagles are still selling for close to $10 over spot.

I think the physical buyers know something the speculators dont.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't pay too much attention to silver going "up" or "down" when compared to fiat currencies. The purchase of silver and gold is basically trading paper for metals that have been real money for thousands of years.

TPTB can print all the paper they want but the amount of silver and gold is finite so will eventually become the real money as has been historically proven.

I'll assume you have physical possession of your silver rather than SLV or mining shares.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

My thoughts exactly. I can't get that kind of volume, but I've seen best guess for correction is a bottom at about $28/oz., and I will DEFINITELY be buying.

My luck, I'll hold out too long for the drop I'm looking for and be sitting on my hands when she takes off again...but she will almost definitely be going up significantly unless I've greatly misunderstood how things stand.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I guess all those ads on the radio paid off where they scream at me to buy silver... and that its going up with no end in sight...

Well we all know who made some quick bucks.

Personally buying houses, fixing them up and resale seem more lucrative than investing silver... Personally.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
I wouldn't pay too much attention to silver going "up" or "down" when compared to fiat currencies. The purchase of silver and gold is basically trading paper for metals that have been real money for thousands of years.

TPTB can print all the paper they want but the amount of silver and gold is finite so will eventually become the real money as has been historically proven.

I'm a complete n00b at finance, but I did some reading as I saw the dollar begin to circle the drain, and one of the best videos I watched was called Money As Debt. It explained about fiat currency and how precious metals keep a fairly consistent value. I don't know how accurate this is, but someone said that a silver dime bought a gallon of gas in the 60s, and it still buys a gallon of gas today. People don't understand that point you made about the fiat currencies being what goes up and down, not real value of goods and services.

I can't buy it in significant quantities (and our 401k won't allow us to convert anything in metals, only mining co.'s, stocks and bonds), but whenever I can spare the cash I buy a few ounces of silver bars. And I've learned not to put them in any bank deposit box either, since those are vulnerable to government confiscation. I'm more worried about being robbed by the Feds than common burglers.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you are that nervous about it in a week -- you probably shouldn't be speculating.

"when is Silver supposed to go up" is certainly not the question that speculators ask - speculating is gambling the question you asked is akin to asking a croupier - when will black turn up People with this mindset are the people who make it profitable for speculators. If you are worried about some armegeddon dream - buy cigarettes and amunition you can trade those for food..
edit on 12-5-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

@37.2...should have waited 2 days!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

no, not survival plan silver. just looking for a few extra bucks

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

a little bit of both actually.

i was convinced to get slv for the short term...with a medium/small investment, the worst case scenario of losing it in a bank run or etc etc, not going to do much good either way

got a 100 oz bar too.....feels nice to hold

top topics

join