It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a cops mentality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
When he says they are guilty of something, he doesn't mean that every person that runs at 1 am will be arrested, it means that thats reasonable suspicion to investigate further. I use to work nightshift and there are a totally different bred of humans.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
When he says they are guilty of something, he doesn't mean that every person that runs at 1 am will be arrested, it means that thats reasonable suspicion to investigate further. I use to work nightshift and there are a totally different bred of humans.

dont get me wrong, I know the probability is higher that someone out late at night like that is a criminal, but since Ive gotten out of the military, I have problems sleeping and sometimes Ill go drive late at night, while even if the MAJORITY are breaking the law, at the cost of the liberties of the MINORITY is what upsets me

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Stand at your local gas station (at any time of the day) until a cop pulls in.Make eye contact with him and just bolt like a bat out of hell.

Make sure a friend is filming it for the lulz because the pursuit and usual take down is priceless.
If you were the cop what would you do in that situation?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
Stand at your local gas station (at any time of the day) until a cop pulls in.Make eye contact with him and just bolt like a bat out of hell.

Make sure a friend is filming it for the lulz because the pursuit and usual take down is priceless.

Get back in my patrol car and pull along side. Shoot the perp with my tazer out of the window. As he begins to drop slam on the brakes and turn hard into him. This will cause the back end to lock up and slide around, in effect causing him to be face down on the hood and totally knocked out..

(I am not a LEO and this post by no means is serious)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's probably instinct to chase, but the videos of people being beaten viciously, these should be locked up? Are you aware of the story of the police officer in London killing an innocent man for being in London working, and trying to make his way home through the riots? Even through most of court hearings it was always concluded that the policeman involved was not responsible for his death. A recent verdict decided that his death was an unlawful killing. I don't believe all police officers are this bad, but I know a lot of kids who I was at school with who thought they were big men, bullys, who went on to become police men. The job does attract people who feel the need to hold some kind of authority.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

I no longer buy this argument. Why? Because the "good" cops do everything in their power to cover up for the bad cops. Show me any any trend of cops turning in their own. If ine does, it is a highly random and unusual occurance. In other words ALL "good" cops are complicit with the bad cops, just as Joe Avergae citizen would be indicted for being complicit if he knew of a crime, but failed to report it.

The militarization of American polices and the paramilitary tactics now institutionalized are hallmarks of the erosion of our civil society.

edit on 12-5-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Supreme Court ruled in Illinois v. Wardlow that an individual who suddenly and without provocation flees at the sight of identifiable police officers creates reasonable suspicion under the fourth amendment to detain said person.

So it's not just a cop mentality. It's reasonable.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Blah Blah Blah. Cops are bad. Blah Blah Blah.

No, good cops just don't cover up for bad.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Prowler33

Yes, but that came about from case law, which is progressive in nature.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jewston

I think the cops mentality is more like this;

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm not a cop.

But I feel this is true, if you are innocent there is no reason to run, unless you are trying to hide something or afraid of getting caught doing something you know you shouldn't be doing.

...Also the title of this thread comes of as a huge generalization which is something I am against.
Clumping people into groups and judging them by saying they all feel, think, act, live the same way is mighty ignorant.

The cop hatred is really disgusting lately.

Imagine what it must be like to have a job that you have to go to and as soon as you put on your uniform you are instantly a target, when most of them (sure no all) genuinely want to help people.
They are not like the soldiers who kill children and woman who are seen as hero's fighting for the American way to be shown on the TV returning home to their wives and children, mothers and fathers, or vets who fought wars that weren't really our wars to fight but are respected while flying their flags high and getting all kinds of respect and compensation for their time served.

Could it be they are all just clueless pawns?

Little boys lost in their fantasy world of playing cops and robbers, being the hero they are force-fed to be by media at an innocent age growing up to live their child hood dreams to be hated and despised?

To hate people for their sexual orientation, creed, race and so on it IS wrong...but why is it ok to do this kind of thing towards cops?

Is it any different, does that not make a person a hypocrite to embrace one but reject the other?
To fight for one cause, but spread the propaganda of another?

We all have bad eggs in our families, every job field has a bag egg, cops are not infallible or perfect and just like all the others there are going to be some bad eggs.

They aren't stupid either, they know how much they are hated, they see and read the same things we do as they are people who live just as we do (hey they also have feelings and emotions!..who woulda thunk it!)..but yet they still do their job and if someone had a gun to your head and oh gosh! ..you had to turn to a cop for help..they would indeed help you.

When do cops make the news?...When it's something to defame them there is hardly ever any positive media on them..now you would think in the intelligent minds of those on ATS they would think "this is strange all we are being feed is a one sided view on this topic!"..but no..we just feed into it.

Don't get me wrong, there are some that are just simply tools bags, and there are some that are damaged in some way, but maybe our system has failed them maybe they aren't given the proper mental health resources to cope with the all the pain, suffering, vile things that take place in this world every day.
Then they finally break and become filled with nothing but hatred and violence towards others because they only get to see the disgraceful side of what some of the human race has turned into.

The cat and the cop

Like the man says in the video, there's a lot of things that cop could have done to that cat, and some sick individuals would probably enjoy that because it embraces their extremist views which people have become lost in instead of looking for the good now most just look and hope for the bad solely for the purpose to prove whatever it may be that they are fighting exists or has meaning...leaving no room for progression once again.

I'm starting to think those that are "awake"...have simply just become blind to anything good in this world.
That surely isn't what being "awake" or "seek truth, deny ignorance" is..it's all about balance and if you don't have that you have nothing and you just enter a more vile sleep than you've ever been in before and become number and dumber by the day.

Another thing...what's with all the threads like this lately, one that just have a little blurb of an opinion and nothing more?..Isn't that what twitter or facebook or chat rooms are for?..
I remember there use to only be substantial threads on here ones that showed pride, people would take days to compile information on the topics they wished to discuss with source links, videos and so on I didn't even mind the more out there stuff because you could at least tell the person put their heart into it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

My tweak on this is to always be polite, and keep your answers short/brief and to the point.
"Can I search your car"?
"No sir".

Absolutely, I wasn't trying to suggest that one should be rude.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
he wasnt having a bad attitude, he was looking out for the safety of folks. You cant possinly run away from anyone with those damned baggy pants.. youll trip and fall. Nice of him to care so much about the youth

/sarcasm

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
I'm not a cop.

But I feel this is true, if you are innocent there is no reason to run, unless you are trying to hide something or afraid of getting caught doing something you know you shouldn't be doing.

People are afraid of the police nowadays. If you want to remain 'innocent' it is best to avoid them. If you think slowly and might not comply at break-neck speeds, it is best to avoid them so as to avoid the torture that comes with less-than-instant genuflection.

Don't blame them for running and taking measures to avoid the group with carte blanche to torture and imprison.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Ask the people nearby if that guy stole anything or hurt anyone.

If no, then who cares. This is America.

What good could possibly come from chasing some kid who did nothing wrong?

*The modern cop answer is: he learns not to run from the god-kings.

*The old cop answer is: kids run all the time, so what? No one filed a complaint. There are no witnesses who say he broke the law. This is America.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

By no means should law enforcement violate anyone's right. I went for a drive one night around 1am and was pulled over. I know exactly why I was pulled over. The officer was probably looking for a DUI. He checked my driver's licence and I was on my way. I would rather give up 5 minutes of my time knowing he's out looking for people that put themselves in a position to kill themselves or others. On the flip side, If he asked to search my vehicle, I will tell them no unless I was being arrested or he had probable cause. The number one way cops get drug busts on stops is because most people give them the ok to search thinking if they say yes they wouldn't search it. As far as someone running, everytime I chased someone down, they either had something on them or they had warrents out.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I posted www.lewrockwell.com... that story to his facebook, and the comment "I guess I was wrong, cops are always right" to which he deleted the link and posted "yes we are, thats why we are allowed to profile"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join