It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful ocean photos of tectonic plates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The water looks so beautiful. Now if only I weren't extremely terrified of fish I would go diving there in a heart beat.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wait! What? I'm so confused,are you saying that Obama's step grandmother has a plate in her lip ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Beautiful Pictures, nice first post! S&F. Would love to go to Iceland some day.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Those pictures take my breath away, inspiring

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What utterly stunning beauty!

In light of the terrible earth movements of late, it makes one wonder about what the earth is really going through.

Instead of being terrorized over the prospect of another killer quake, let's feel a little compassion for Her for a change.

She is surely going through a most difficult transition.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Very, very cool. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vozda
Wait wait wait.. maybe its Obamas Grandmother who is moving the plates!? !?

Might seem funny but Obama's grandmother moving about essentially has the same effect on earth's tidal movements as a tiny comet over a million miles away does.

I caught a beautifully computer generated simulation of the mid Atlantic Ridge on TV during lunch yesterday showing what goes on there and how it would appear if the ocean level was lowered about 15,000 feet. The mountain range rising spectacularly on each side of the plate spread twice the depth and width of the Grand Canyon with a constant lava flow and eruption of magma into the cold deep ocean recycling up the plates that submerge back to molten magma under the continental plates, the most noticeable on being under the Himalayan mountains. Great visual 3D animation.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is there any chance you could post that animation?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join