It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American hypocrisy and foreign policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

American hypocrisy and foreign policy is the root of terrorism american Fascism, Imperialism, Colonialism must end

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Isnt it part of the requirements that you post a little bit about what you think of the presented media? Jeez, I could post youtube vids all day if I didnt have to say anything about them.

So anyway, about the vid. Looks like a bunch of Soros propaganda to me. America isnt innocent, but then again, there isnt one single country or government that is. People, please stop throwing stones in your glass house before your wrist get cut and you bleed out...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ATS is very humble , i guess i input less fancy words like people do to show off, but hey im a man with less words.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry.
Thomas Jefferson

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Adams

We may not be perfect and we may not be the best but at least we have some principals.

God Bless America.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by solid007
ATS is very humble , i guess i input less fancy words like people do to show off, but hey im a man with less words.

Using as many words as you see necessary, please define "American hypocrisy." Please distinguish why the 'hypocrisy' you refer to is different than the 'hypocrisy' of any other nation of people. As an American, I'm interested in this because I rarely consider myself to be a 'homogenized American' subject to such generalizations.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Adams

America is not a pure democracy; a pure democracy is impossible. America is a representative republic, adhering to democratic principles. John Adams is not talking about that you think he is talking about, chances are that this context is referring to a discussion between a pure democracy and a representative republic.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Royalkin because: Grammar

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Royalkin

I think your post proved the quotes point, we do not have a deomcracy, but we are the only ones trying.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars,

I can't speak for the OP, but I will say why I say "American Hypocrisy".

American people: No more war!
American government: Bomb _______(insert country here)

American people: Our democracy (democratic republic) is a shame!
American government: We will destroy your nation to 'liberate you' and bring 'democracy'.

American people: We believe in capitalism and free markets!
American government: We will break whatever laws required to ensure that the US profits.

Here is the hypocrisy part:

American people choose the American government.

I know that with politicians you never get exactly what you think you will get. It's the annual washing of the public's hands, the cries of "it's not our fault", that get tiresome.

I know full well that if the government of Canada does something wrong, that I am partly to blame. Even if I did not vote for them! They are representatives of my country. If the political environment is corrupt it is because I let it get corrupt. Never forget that the government is a reflection of it's people on concentrate. If you have a 'me first' society, you will have an 'ultra me first' government, etc, etc.

To this end, many many countries have the same 'hypocrisy'. It is just not as noticable as the 'world leaders'.

new topics

top topics

join