It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on Reactor 1 spent fuel rod meltdown...breach!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Now the company is concerned that the molten fuel may have breached the bottom of the containment vessel, escaping out into the outside world, causing a environmental disaster. Read more: www.ibtimes.com...

I know all the posts are talking about how the spent fuel rods in Reactor 1 are in full meltdown, that the gauges were broken, that a good portion of the rods were exposed to air since the beginning, but now I found this article stating that TEPCO previously believed the molten rods at the bottom of the pool were still stable and covered in water, but now are afraid the molten mess has breached the bottom of the containment into the soil below, creating an environmental disaster....(I would love to hear what THEY consider environmental disaster, meaning how worse is this than has ALREADY happened (according to what they have previously released to the news media)....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

got it right here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stringycheeseman
www.abovetopsecret.com...

got it right here.

Sorry, just wanted to make sure the breach made headline (thread) mention...for those who are just skimming the threads.....

join