It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream is Turning Into a Nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The link below shows 36 statistics that illustrate just how messed up our situation is becoming.

36 Statistics Which Prove That The American Dream Is Turning Into An Absolute Nightmare For The Middle Class

I'm one of those folks who believes that without a solid middle class a country is pretty much doomed. The above article certainly doesn't paint a very pretty picture.

The U.S. middle class is being shredded, ripped apart and systematically wiped out. If you doubt this, just check out the statistics below. The American Dream is being transformed into an absolute nightmare. Once upon a time, the rest of the world knew that most Americans were able to live a middle class lifestyle. Most American families had nice homes, most American families had a car or two, most American families had nice clothes, most American families had an overabundance of food and most American families could even look forward to sending their children to college if that is what the kids wanted to do. There was an implicit promise that this was the way that it was always going to be. Most of us grew up believing that if we worked really hard in school and that if we stayed out of trouble and that if we did everything that "the system" told us to do that there would be a place for us in the middle class too. Well, it turns out that "the system" is breaking down. There aren't enough good jobs for all of us anymore. In fact, there aren't very many crappy jobs either. Millions are out of work, millions have lost their homes and nearly all of the long-term economic trends just keep getting worse and worse. So is there any hope for the U.S. middle class?

No, there is not.

So, what's the solution? I'm pretty sure Washington D.C. is clueless on how to resolve this.

Where is this road leading to? Will there be an off-ramp before it goes over the cliff?

Time will tell, and until then buckle up. This rides going to get wild!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think the conclusion or ultimate solution by the tptb is obvious but unfortunate.

Mass depopulation or war!
edit on 5/12/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is no more American dream, I think that ended in 1954.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So, what's the solution?

I fear the only solution is the final solution. There is a bottleneck in our future. Population reduction, then NWO for the few who are left. This NWO may be better or worse for the individuals, but either way, the consumption of resources will be more controlled.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think George Carlin said it best. You have to be asleep to believe
in the American Dream.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree it has been difficult. But there are also solutions offered up by several individuals. Its a matter of focusing on the issue and educating the masses. The Government will certainly not do it until they really have to but most likely they'll opt for WAR.

I think the website that you have posted is right about several things but I also believe that it might be a propoganda or psyop website which doesn't have much information about the entity or individual or team that owns and maintains it. Therefore the information should be considered and accepted with a grain of salt.

Below article talks briefly about restoring the american dream. We should be focusing and spreading word about how to fix the US issues.

HOW TO RESTORE THE AMERICAN DREAM
edit on 12-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Thanks for that! I'm a huge Carlin fan, so I'm posting the video as it seems so appropriate...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I once made $16 an hour in the 90's now I can only find minimum wage. I refuse to work I'll live under a bridge before I work for minimum wage.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I 2nd that saying! im a HUGE george carlin fan, 36 now, been since i was like 10. when i saw that live show on cable, and heard..yuode have to be asleep to belive it* it all came clear and made sense. funny how hearing somones else words clears everything up* that was mind blowing when he said that! or as he said in another..america is like one big macaroni bowl. some guuy, scratching his ass, picking his nose, puling out his credit card, to buy shoes with lights in them* if some place made sautayed racoons arseholes in butter, americans would buy it and eat it* he was very very close to the truth. america i pretty much the only country, on this planet, that innjects, reprocesses food with chemicals, waste meat..calling it something else, things like that. ive actually talked with people from bangladesh, and eastern europe/northwest russian. whod rather starve than eat what we have here. thier used to natural non processed stuff. how food is supposed to be*
but anyhoo...he was right* another saying...that is what goernment does..its own self interest, and expand whereever possilbe. sound familiar all?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I once made $16 an hour in the 90's now I can only find minimum wage. I refuse to work I'll live under a bridge before I work for minimum wage.

I am right there with you, bud.
Luckily I am a woman and probably wouldn't have to.
But, I'd rather eat nails and take my own eyes out with ice picks than ever work for wal mart again or work for McD's or BK.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
One thing that would help is to stop corporations from hiring illegal immigrants. When ICE deports thousands of illgals in the workforce, thousands of citizens quickly take those positions.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
One thing that would help is to stop corporations from hiring illegal immigrants. When ICE deports thousands of illgals in the workforce, thousands of citizens quickly take those positions.

Why would they want that? Outsourcing and immigration has been the norm since the Roman Empire. Even earlier.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why would they want that? Outsourcing and immigration has been the norm since the Roman Empire. Even earlier.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

top topics

join