It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the "Good Guys"???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello All.

I have been lurking on ATS for years, finally became a member and started taking part in discussions and its been great. However, I am left with this burning question that I need answered. I hope I'm not the only one.

We have all read countless threads about the "bad guys" - You know, the Illuminati, Federal Reserve, Rothschilds, Ghadaffi, OBL, Cheney and his crew, the current administration, the evil LHC scientists, BP, Big Pharma, Monsanto and Big Ag., HAARP... basically there are baddies everywhere according to at least a few people on this site.

What I have yet to read about is a thread discussing the "Good guys." Do these heroes exist? Do they have small victories, thwarting evil plans we do not know about?? Is there a Rocky and Bullwinkle to the known Boris and Natasha's out there?

My own intuition tells me there must be someone out there fighting the good fight for us and we do not even know it. This isn't me being idealistic, but more of applying what I believe about reality to what we all observe. My belief is that the universe is a huge balancing act. Matter - Antimatter, Dark - Light, Good - Evil, etc. Everything exists in a balance, so it stands to reason that if I truly believe this, then I must believe there are good guys trying to stop the bad guys.

Now please, we are not talking about super heroes here, although if these good guys do exist they should be treated as such, but actual good people taking stand so lets not have this discussion include "yes, its me, I'm batman" responses.

I put this under general conspiracies because people can, in my opinion not only conspire to do evil, but also to do good, right?

So lets have it all, do you know of, heard of, have ideas of the good guys? Or am I really a foolish optimist?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are always good people, who have high ideals and motives. Sadly, there seem to be more evil people, and when a good guy steps up they get ridiculed, smeared, and sometimes even killed. History is riddled with evidence of this.

This is not to say that good can't or won't overcome, I think it will. However, we are in a period of evil prevalence at the moment. Hopefully, that will change soon. We'll see.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

I think you expect reality to be far too much like a movie . It is likely that good people working alone can have small political victories that are soon erased from history. When ANY organisation get's beyond a certain size morality is lost to the bureaucracy that is required to run it. Any organisation that starts out with pure motives will soon be corrupted , this is absolute. I think the closest thing we can get to good guys in this scenario is those within organisations (like the us military) that retain their morality and hopefully refuse to follow any orders that are barbaric.

Sad but true. No good guys. No international rescue.

edit on 12-5-2011 by movetovanuatu because: typo

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

A theory i have been mucking around with, and its far from complete, is that we overstep the idea of good guys. We are so concerned by the events that are happening and checking to see if were being lied too (some dont do this), that we can fail to see through the dust that stirs after. I believe you are correct, in asking where are the good guys, but it is my belief we wont truly see who they are. I believe they belong to the elite, and by elite i mean the people with any real say and / or heavy connections. Dont get me wrong though, there are evil people in the elite too.

We have in our very own social lives drama, coercion, bigotry, scandals, theft, debates, deaths, and other events that occur that will forever change a persons opinion on someone else. The point is, this happens in our relative social circles, why would it not happen in their relative social circles? Remember these things happen in school, work and public places so why not in the privacy of a politicians manor?

So I am sure there are good guys in the realm of politics, its just the society we live in that feeds off of the news, seems to feed of of destruction in the news, so this is what we hear more of.
edit on 12-5-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The truth won't become available to you.. Until you realize YOU are the "good guy".. Life is what you make it,..

You are the resistance!..
Now go make a change!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
its unlikely u will hear any anti-illuminati group or anti-evil group or person come out in the open...things wud be a lot easier in secrecy...however i am starting to think of the possibility that certain high profile deaths written off as ritual killings may have been assasinations by some anti evil person/group..u never know...otherwise what's preventing world domination by one evil group alone..GOD?..true...but not without good people fighting the good fight...

i like this thread...s @ f 4 u

edit on 12-5-2011 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsmem1980
its unlikely u will hear any anti-illuminati group or anti-evil group or person come out in the open...things wud be a lot easier in secrecy..thout good people fighting the good fight...

I'm with you on this. Anyone opposing the 'forces of evil" at work will likely being doing so underground. Historically, many revolutions were hatched in secrecy until sufficient numbers were recruited to take action. I suspect that the majority of the population is not prepared to accept that the 'enemy' hides behind the faces of governments and other organizations that ostensibly exist to support and protect us. Until more folks see through that facade, then the kind of mass global uprising required simply wont happen.

I can't even imagine what kind of opposition a small group of 'good guys' could mount on their own without mass collective support of the like-minded.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul, Nigel Farage, and you...if you read this, you are the resistance.

The war is for your mind, the victory is that your mind is free.
edit on 12-5-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 12-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatsreal
Hello All.

I have been lurking on ATS for years, finally became a member and started taking part in discussions and its been great. However, I am left with this burning question that I need answered. I hope I'm not the only one.

We have all read countless threads about the "bad guys" - You know, the Illuminati, Federal Reserve, Rothschilds, Ghadaffi, OBL, Cheney and his crew, the current administration, the evil LHC scientists, BP, Big Pharma, Monsanto and Big Ag., HAARP... basically there are baddies everywhere according to at least a few people on this site.

What I have yet to read about is a thread discussing the "Good guys." Do these heroes exist? Do they have small victories, thwarting evil plans we do not know about?? Is there a Rocky and Bullwinkle to the known Boris and Natasha's out there?

My own intuition tells me there must be someone out there fighting the good fight for us and we do not even know it. This isn't me being idealistic, but more of applying what I believe about reality to what we all observe. My belief is that the universe is a huge balancing act. Matter - Antimatter, Dark - Light, Good - Evil, etc. Everything exists in a balance, so it stands to reason that if I truly believe this, then I must believe there are good guys trying to stop the bad guys.

Now please, we are not talking about super heroes here, although if these good guys do exist they should be treated as such, but actual good people taking stand so lets not have this discussion include "yes, its me, I'm batman" responses.

I put this under general conspiracies because people can, in my opinion not only conspire to do evil, but also to do good, right?

So lets have it all, do you know of, heard of, have ideas of the good guys? Or am I really a foolish optimist?

Us.

We are the good guys.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by Whatsreal

There are indeed. But they do not want or need publicity. A lot of work gets done in the unseen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Where are the "Good Guys"???
I think the good every's are sitting out of observable time space view... Why the local good every's are trying to keep up their good works.
edit on 5/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
At first this thread didn't receive a lot of attention and I hadn't checked back in a while until now. This statement in itself is a metaphor for what is wrong in our society.

I realize that all of you (those who have replied above this post) so far are right. We are the good guys. I am the good guy... you are the good guy.... but only if we choose to live that way. I do not have to go out and disarm a nuke or stop a congressional bill aimed at making inroads for the wealthy to be a "good guy." Neither do you. Yes, there probably are 'elites' who are well connected enough and raised to respect humanity that can do a few things. And so can we.

My wife is pregnant, so I can be a good father. I run a clean and honest business. When I was a school teacher I tried my best to not discount any kids even though I was in a very dangerous inner city school and some kids are beyond help. However I didn't let that stop me from trying...

I bet all of you have similar annecdotes you can tell... so how about it... tell me what's good about you....

Maybe its all these doom and gloom, baddies are out there, watch out for these people threads I've read on here that had me forget what is really good....

So tell me.... no.... tell US all :

WHAT MAKES YOU GOOD??
edit on 20-5-2011 by Whatsreal because: grammer

edit on 20-5-2011 by Whatsreal because: (no reason given)

top topics

join