It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas House restricts cities aiding illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Tue May 10, 2011
By Corrie MacLaggan

AUSTIN, Tex. (Reuters) - The Texas House of Representatives late on Monday approved a measure that seeks to crack down on cities that provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants.

The measure would prohibit local governments from banning law enforcement officers asking about the immigration status of people who are lawfully detained or arrested. Republican Governor Rick Perry designated the measure as one of his emergency priorities for the legislative session.

"It simply prevents cities from telling officers to turn a blind eye to violators of federal law," said the bill's author, Republican Burt Solomons.

But House Democrats spoke emotionally during the debate about how the bill could lead to racial profiling.

www.reuters.com...

I liked this comment on infowars

John G Henke says:
May 10, 2011 I never stop being amazed by the way the governments and media have taken two entirely different subjects, Immigration and Illegal aliens, and joined them into one hybrid subject.

Their is no such thing as an “Illegal Immigrant”. There is an immigrant, a person who comes to the port of entry with a pass port and an immigration visa. There is the illegal alien, a person in a foreign country illegally.

One abides by the law of that country and wishes to immigrate and become a citizen, and the other is a criminal.
Amazing!

edit on 12-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's funny that the Feds attacked Arizona for interfering with Federal Law, for actually trying to enforce it - and yet turn a blind eye to sanctuary cities that actively try NOT to enforce the law.

I remember a city in California, Costa Mesa I believe - declared that they were a "Rule of Law" city, and would not be sympathetic to illegal aliens breaking he law - and of course they got a lot of flak for it.

Funny world we live in.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As a Texas resident, I'm glad to see this. I'm tired of my tax dollars going towards people who have no legal right to live here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm happy to see this as well. If existing laws were inforced in the first place, we wouldn't have an overwhelming number of illegal invaders.

top topics

join