It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion of the Minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For many people, the idea of a corrupt and evil government, or a dominating secret society(s) is very real. Ideas are spread that “they” are out to get us, reduce population, or force us under the rule of an iron fist.

There is a great amount of evidence to support the above mentioned idea; so much so that it begins to become overwhelming.

However, let’s take a step back for a moment and look at the situation that is before us – and try to figure out what is really going on.

It is no secret that technology exists that could wipe out humanity – either through nuclear weapons, biological weapons, or something as simple as mass sterilization through water supplies, etc.

With so many available methods of neutralization, why have the power that be refrained from the mass genocide, control, etc., that so many have come to believe is inevitable?

I suggest the idea that “they” may not be out to get us, as so many believe, but may actually be trying to help.

The age we live in is an age of paranoia – at least to the mind of the conspiracy theorist. Paranoia stems from negative human emotions, and will always lead your mind down the dark and winding road of bad thoughts.

Let us turn the tables for a moment and try to view the “big picture” from a different perspective and see what images may emerge.

Since we have already covered that the technology to “reboot” the earth already exists, and we know the powers-that-be have not hit the reset button, what exactly is going on?

Do we all live under a mass psychosis, where our minds assume that someone is out to get us – or are our ideas well founded and reasonable?

I suggest that “the powers that be” are not out to get us, but are actually working for our common good – else they would have long ago striped most of humanity of their power, and placed their selves and supreme rulers of all.

I am sure that somewhere in the world there exists a malevolent society, hell bent on bringing about Armageddon – just as sure as I am that there is a benevolent group who opposes them. For every evil there is a good.

With this thread, I would like to hear why each of you believe that TPTB are evil – I would also like to hear from the other faction of people that believe there is no great power that seeks to end life as we know it.

Please, let’s keep this conversation as respectable as we can – and attempt to reason together.

Let us unify our minds for one common picture of what we feel is occurring in the world around us.

Let the discussion begin.

edit on 12-5-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I too have noticed a great power shaping events around me. I call it entropy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Simple... It is a matter of cycles. It will come in due time but TPTB won't do it, something else will. The elite are just in the "circle of trust" so they prime the fat, then sit back and watch the show all safe and snug. Once its over they emerge and start the cycle all over.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
But why?

What is the purpose for this cycle?

Surly if there were some greater power they would have better refined methods than utter destruction, and rebuilding.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I find it difficult to picture how a new beginning would look. How would you get everyone to agree to one system?

The largest hurddle in the way is money, or value in general. How do you do away with value without apathy and lazyness?

Seems that every large government in history has tried to "take over the world" in one way or another and still are, or course they are....its what we expect and want.

We ALL want unity, just we want to have it OUR way and are willing to fight to have it OUR way.

A one world government seems a far way off, hidden power monopolies doesn't neccessarily mean OWG.

Cheers!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Nothing they do seems rational or makes sense anymore. The lies are more and more blatant. If they're trying to protect us, they sure are going about it in a strange way. Our rights are slowly being trampled and soon we will not be able to protect ourselves in any way. This seems alot more like total control than protection. If there really is an alien threat, some of it might make sense, but to me it seems much more likely that they are slowly trying to enslave us (maybe they are the aliens). Maybe I'm kuckoo for coco puffs. ;^)
edit on 12-5-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

A fail-safe maybe? Let me throw this at you, and if you dont like it, just throw it right back.

We reach a point where we "figure it all out". So the experience of life and its purpose for our "spirits" to grow at this level is just destroyed.

IMO the LHC will be the catalyst for this type of "discovery". Good ole Dr. Michio Kaku will figure out his inch long equation that explains everything.

So.....it all gets whiped out...all evidence of it gets destroyed and bang pop pow!!! Reset button pushed!

Man I love this type of thread.... Gets the ole gears a cranking!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying.

A fail safe would be a good explination.

I think I mainly made this thread because I'm trying to make since of a world that makes no since at all

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For every argument in favour of a conspiring global elite seeking to control humanity there is one against it. I, for one, haven't been able to lean toward the skeptic's side due to the mounting evidence in the form of our diminishing rights and freedoms. I'm also struck by the 'predictability' of the unfolding events. They seem to support the active pursuit of the alleged agenda in a step-by-step manner.

When the question "If there are aliens so technologically advanced as to be able to visit Earth, why haven't they annihilated mankind?" My guess is that we serve some ongoing purpose to them that rules this out. I apply the same thought process to the question of why an 'evil elite' hasn't fulfilled the depopulation part of the agenda. We must still be serving their purposes without posing enough of a threat to simply wipe us out. They still need us. However, I'm uneasy about the changes being imposed upon us (limitation or destruction of existing freedoms; hints of scientific, medical, and weather controlling technologies that could be potentially used against the masses,etc.) as positioning an evil global controlling power to act upon this quickly should they feel 'cornered'.

I wish that the general population was not so dependent on a daily basis upon the organizations and governing authorities under the control of a powerful few. These institutions serve as a protective barrier between them and us. You would think a few of 'us' could easily take on a few of 'them', but we could only wish that it was that simple.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great reply, Grey.

So, you beleive we are still a resource to TPTB, and like any good resource they don't want to remove us from the picture.

I have often wondered if we, and by we I mean the main population of Earth, are truly just dumb animals who do not think.

How often have you received a condemning look from those around you when you attempt to explain your ideas? Lord knows that I have received many.

A part of me does not want to beleive that anyone is "out to get me," but I can't help but keep the idea of it in the back of my mind at all times. Like you said, there is just so much evidence to points to this.

Do you think there is anything that we could do, as a species or group, to stand out from the herd of others?

If some super power does exist that is waiting at the gate to destroy is, do you then beleive there is something we can do to change their mind?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Over time I have garnered the strength to voice my opinions in spite of the reaction that I get. I made the decision to broach the subject of a global elite with my in-laws after two decades of self-imposed silence. They were not impressed. I reached the point where I felt that I owed it to myself to no longer hide behind a veil of silence in order not to offend them. I am confident enough that they will soon see the validity of many of my contentions and that any loss of respect that might have resulted from my declarations will eventually be undone.

I guess what shocked me the most is that they had NO knowledge of any aspects of any of the subjects routinely discussed on this forum. They are intelligent people who somehow (and I'm guessing unquestioning reliance and trust in MSM here) were hearing things from me obviously for the first time. The mere suggestion that the main political parties of Canada might be answerable to the same higher authority was met with shock and disbelief on their part.

I will never force anybody to buy into what I take to be true any more than I want to be 'converted'. I am satisfied that simply expressing my opinion (instead of guarding it) is my contribution to spreading awareness that there is more out there than meets the eye. Granted, the knowledge that I have come into has made me more cynical and questioning than before, but I'd rather be this way than blissfully ignorant -- it gives me a sense of self-respect.

new topics

top topics

join