It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Mob Chases Would-Be Flag Burner Off LSU Campus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, it's nice to see people defending Old Glory for once. This idiot was actually protesting the arrest of another idiot that stole and burned an American flag once posted at LSU's War Memorial. Birds of a feather, I guess.

The fool was actually a grad student. Just goes to show, degrees mean nothing when it comes to maturity and common sense.

A mob of angry protesters chased a would-be flag burner at Louisiana State University (LSU) off campus Wednesday to chants of "USA, USA."

Graduate communications student Benjamin Haas had earlier been given permission by the school to burn the flag. But because he lacked a local burn permit, he agreed instead to read a statement in an area of the university known as free speech alley.

As Haas read the statement, a crowd around him erupted into cheers and jeers, many shouting "Go to hell, hippie, go to hell."

www.myfoxny.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A hardy big LOL on that story.

Nice to see People standing up for what they believe it-when they think it is going to get them on the news.

What is Awesome to see is a bunch of "we have had it with you types" of people showing up and putting the smack down (within the limits of the law).

I am sure the activist went back to their room and burnt up a lot of dope..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I saw this, they were throwing water balloons
what did he expect??
Birds of a feather indeed...you can pay for classes but can't buy class!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Good for them. I dislike flag-burners and especially people who hate our troops... don't hate them, hate those who sent them there because they didn't have the cajones to go over there themselves.

S&F

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It fills me with joy to see this ... moreso because it happened on a college campus.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Lol what are you trying to say?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's a flag people. A Piece of cloth. I know lot's of people learn to have very strong emotional associations with the image on the cloth, to me though it's still just a piece of cloth.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifespath420
It's a flag people. A Piece of cloth. I know lot's of people learn to have very strong emotional associations with the image on the cloth, to me though it's still just a piece of cloth.

Exactly the mindset thats put the good ol USA in the situation it is now........

All those progressive think tanks are gonna run this country into nothingness.......

Make fun of patriotic people all you want, down play them.........but if it wasnt for them, you wouldnt have the country you live in right now

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

about time

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lifespath420

That's how you feel, that's fine. I realize that people have different 'emotional associations' with the flag, and I generally respect their right to their own opinions, but I don't understand why anyone would want to burn it like that, esp. for the following reason:

Fox News reports that Haas' actions were in response to the arrest of another student, who was charged with taking and burning the American flag once posted at LSU's War Memorial. That incident came just hours after Osama bin Laden's killing by US Navy SEALS last week.

This grad student was defending theft and vandalism!?! Not too smart.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I respect his right for free speech. I however do not respect the venom he was spitting.

The way we heard it hear in New Orleans, is that a young man confronted him letting him know he lost a brother in Iraq and a second cousin in Afghansitan.

The rest shook out when the insuing argument started and people started paying attenin

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Both the person burning the flag and the people chasing him away are poor examples of activism.

Wake up to the division that people in charge continue to bring to us. Hey, you see where this story came from? Another Fox affilliate.

Just because its local doesn't mean it isn't mainstream.

Hippies had some good ideas we could adopt, like dropping all our differences and cooperating peacefully no matter what.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What does it matter if someone burns a flag...and I'm a veteran.

Man and their worship of false idols...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Not that I condone the burning of american flag... but the definition has changed for what a patriot is... These people trying to stop him, have no clue what patriotism is all about, just what they are told patriotism is...

There was once a time when criticizing the government was considered the highest form of patriotism. Now patriotism(read: patriot act) means you dont have any privacy, can be searched for no reason, and armed invasions of other countries in the name of "democracy"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Am I ignorant because I speak the truth that you do not want to believe or am I ignorant because you think I'm wrong, when in actuality, I am right?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am sure the American flag means a lot to you but for most of the rest of the world it represents tyranny, your government have seen to that.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think it's self-explanatory. Seems like others understood it.

Meaning, the flag burner wanna-B's went back to their parents paid for college room and smoke up a crap load of Dope-thanking their guardian angles for saving their butts... that night.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Both the person burning the flag and the people chasing him away are poor examples of activism.

Wake up to the division that people in charge continue to bring to us. Hey, you see where this story came from? Another Fox affilliate.

So it's a FOX affiliate. So what? You accuse 'people in charge' of bringing division to us, and then you post biased crap like that? It's "us against FOX" according to you, eh? Now who's being divisive?

Hippies had some good ideas we could adopt, like dropping all our differences and cooperating peacefully no matter what.

Ah yes, butterflies and unicorns....

Hippies didn't condone theft and vandalism, bunky. And they weren't all tolerant and peaceful, btw.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is news? I'm patriotic, but really, who cares, we have more important things to worry about.

Wasn't the angry mob trampling on the "would-be" flag burners first amendment rights.... if I'm not mistaken, the flag burning law was never passed.
edit on 5/12/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join