It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DR Congo: 48 rapes every hour, US study finds, 1100 Rapes Per Day in Congo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack"I am neither a social scientist, economist, nor an anthropologist"

Then why the hell are you pretending like you know ?

Well, I am no city engineer or public planner either but I can observe that traffic around certain corners and at certain times of day is heavier. I can also read that there are more accidents at certain corners and intersections etc. I may not have the science to explain the causes but I can observe the problem without having the credentials to solve it.

Much like I can read, therefore I know that S. African crime, unemployment and poverty have gotten worse since ANC took over. I can read that crime, HS graduation rates, teen pregnancy, and abortion in the black community in the US have soared since the changes enacted by the civil rights act and the affirmative action policies that give preferential treatment to minorities under the law.

Nice try to negate my thoughts though....and you did it all in one line too!

Any casual observer can see the problems; I never claimed (or pretended) to know the cause.

I only opined that I find it hard to believe that the common poverty and lack of social success in the black community and that in Africa are limited to outside influences on the population by oppressors be they economic ones or otherwise.

edit on 14/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

You are offended when someone calls these people animals. 'Didn't you read what I said?' you ask 'The same thing would happen here in America'
Sorry dude. That you put your speculation in written form does not alter the fact it is still merely your own speculation. The Congo is not the first part of the world to find itself without a functioning government yet I do not read of this type of behavior in any other location.
These people are animals.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join