It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Isolated: US-backed revolt backfires as Fatah, Hamas join forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The revolution in Egypt may be over, but the shift it brought about in the region's geopolitics continues. The ousting of President Mubarak made it possible for the country to broker an historic reconciliation deal between two Palestinian fractions - Fatah and Hamas. But that's proving worring for Israel, and as Paula Slier reports - there's irony in how the U.S.-backed revolution has backfired for its long time ally.

Things are sure heating up now Fatah and Hamas joining? I thought they were political rivals with Hamas being the extremist. I wonder if they gave up negotiating and decided to go the Hamas route. Seems Odd with Egypt about to open the borders and the UN pushing for them to be recognized as a state.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

I have been following this rather closely since Hamas and Fatah reconciled a couple weeks ago. Israel has made many non specific threats about what may happen this September when Hamas and Fatah declare a Palestinian statehood.

Israel indeed is beginning to feel isolated due to the fact that many countries are starting to recognize Palestine, which Israel does not like one bit. Deal with it Israel, your days as the super power in the Middle East are running out. Very soon you will be held accountable for your actions as most other nations on earth are. Perhaps it is time for Israel to actually take the peace talks seriously before it is too late.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Whether or not you like the nation of Israel the fact is our President here in the United States is not a real friend of that country. I truly believe the only reason he continues to provide Israel with money is to keep the image of his anti-Israeli sentiment out of public view and not cause political fallout.

Israel is about to be surrounded by hostile enemies who at any moment could decide to take up arms, unify, and attack. The United Nations which had created the Jewish state is now turning its back on her. Every month there is staunchly anti-Israeli votes occurring in the UN but luckily the US still mostly has Israel's back. But I doubt that will be for long.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Are you crazy no ones going all out on Israel unless they want to be nuked to kingdom come...

Really you cant justify them keeping Palestine down on that argument its going to be a mute point anyways if TPTB can start WW3 first.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Why would Israel nuke a country that does not have nukes? That would be international suicide for sure and Israel already has to walk on pins and needles.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by UcDat

Why would Israel nuke a country that does not have nukes? That would be international suicide for sure and Israel already has to walk on pins and needles.

I meant that they would if they were attacked ever hear about the Samson option?

Also the UN isnt attacking Israel unless your saying a Palestine state is an attack on them? Facts are the UN has been trying to do this for ages but got vetod what 41 times so far by the USA?

edit on 12-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If Israel felt it was under imminent pressure of being invaded, occupied or destroyed (all very unlikely) then you better believe they would unleash a nuclear response on countries without nuclear weapons. All nations would.

As for isolation, Israel only has itself to blame. It could have made peace with all these 'enemies' years ago, but as they felt in such a (false) secure position decided to dismiss many Arab initiatives and continue punishing the Palestinians and Lebanese with invasion, settlement expansion etc.

Israel MUST for the sake of its own survival accept a real Palestinian state and quickly,

SEPTEMBER is approaching....

new topics

top topics

join