It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending Asteroid Collision With Earth - White House Letter (Deconstruct This Lot)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here we have a stack of information - Very well presented!

The White House letter alone tells me so mush more than I've read anywhere and convinces me that if we have to rely on these so called Scientific Advisers to the White House - we've had it.

This letter from 2009 proves that they are sh..ting them selves too.

The article is packed with information - all leading to the same conclusion - We're gonna get hit!

members.beforeitsnews.com... .html

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I forget .. do we trust beforeitsnews.com?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And I was just on a thread quoting the Russian Scientist who bares this comets name that this was all a hoax that got blown out of proportion and his name was tied to it to look official

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

we need to get a big baseball bat.
no jokes now
if this is true
what can we do
i read things about it every day but have not herd anything about what we can do

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I agree with miniatus, such an untrust worthy site. but there may be truth in the story, i believe most of whats said in the article but information in it isn't very credible, the quotes and links to specific scientific sites and news teams makes it look more credible. but mark my words, ELENIN has got its secrets and NASA and most government bodies are hiding these facts.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Wolvo because: TYPO

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm watching you two from now on. No, JK. Maybe, maybe not.

www.aolnews.com...

second link. There are lots more if you google the title.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Can someone explain what this is supposed to reveal? I have read through the source (including the White House Letter) and it appears to be saying the following:

1. There are lots of asteroids in the solar system and they could potentially hit us.

2. Recommendations to step up new monitoring systems

To me, this simply seems like disaster planning (government version of say fire crews tackling controlled fires for training). This type of thing has been going on for years and simply shows that we, as a species, are prepared to survive nature!

I may be misreading this totally and if i am then please feel free to point this out but it does just appear to be planning for possible future collisions...................

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Here we have a stack of information - Very well presented!

The White House letter alone tells me so mush more than I've read anywhere and convinces me that if we have to rely on these so called Scientific Advisers to the White House - we've had it.

This letter from 2009 proves that they are sh..ting them selves too.

The article is packed with information - all leading to the same conclusion - We're gonna get hit!

members.beforeitsnews.com... .html

this was back in 2009 and it, back then was labeled POTENTIAL. No , it will not even come close.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If you read all that letter, it's clear to me that they have no confidence at all in predicting how many are headed our way. It sounds like there are stacks of them and they even state how many variables there are hence they're unable to tell if they will hit earth or not.

I've sat on the fence for along time now about this topic - just waiting to see what info comes out but now I'm convinced.

Too many lies; too many bunkers; loads of denial; silence from MSM about EVERYTHING, Fukushima is a perfect example of their lack of honesty - look no further than OBL.

Many educated and clever people are seeing what's coming and these LIARS are going all out to debunk and ridicule anyone disclosing anything - they just want to keep the money rolling in and the slaves in servitude till they can't deny it any more - then head for their bunkers.

Now you tell me who I should believe? Those puppets running the world - DON'T THINK SO!

Look at that Fort Worth Video - All them supposed Transformers blowing and yet no lights go out Yeah Right - Oh and that's after they already warned us about Solar Flares could blow all the Transformers then they play it down when it happens.

No sorry - I think it's time to get real here.

I've listened to all the opposing arguments - now I've made my mind up who to believe!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If it comes it will come we cant to nothing about this guys. If we are on a colision cousre
and if it hits we cant do anything about it. All you can really do is accept it and by the size
of elinin it wont really matter how deep you make your hole.

I personally am sick of alll these will it hit? will it miss? will we die? will we live?

I say bring it on! maybe it will stop these boring comet collision threads.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
I agree with miniatus, such an untrust worthy site. but there may be truth in the story, i believe most of whats said in the article but information in it isn't very credible, the quotes and links to specific scientific sites and news teams makes it look more credible. but mark my words, ELENIN has got its secrets and NASA and most government bodies are hiding these facts.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Wolvo because: TYPO

That site is no worse than many others and in fact does very well in the rankings when ATS wasn't even mentioned.

Alternative Media Rankings:

Alternative News 7-day change according to Alexa; listed in order of overall ranking:

Drudge Report -- Rank: 324 Change:109
Infowars -- Rank: 1,238 Change:126
Prison Planet -- Rank: 2,456 Change: 2,377
Rense -- Rank: 5,021 Change: down 187 (increase month-over-month 138; yesterday 411)
David Icke -- Rank: 4,767 Change: 1,313
Lew Rockwell -- Rank: 4,883 Change: 1,570
Global Research -- Rank: 7,316 Change:7,736
What Really Happened -- Rank: 4,012 Change: 12,426 Special hat tip to Mike Rivero who suffered a hack that effectively shut down his site just as the announcement came in. He bounced back stronger than ever with the highest increase that we could find.
Activist Post -- Rank: 14,607 Change: 6,417
The Intel Hub -- Rank: 35,935 Change: 903
Reality Zone -- Rank: 81,872 Change: 14,104

* We realize that there are many great sites and blogs, news aggregators such as Before It's News, Rumormill News, Blacklisted News, Stan Deyo and Steve Quayle, and YouTubers like Charlie McGrath from Wide Awake News and James Corbett from The Corbett Report that we omitted, due principally to the lack of available 7-day data. We also chose to focus on those sites with original commentary that covered the bin Laden debacle in depth, as opposed to the many great cross-over sites from the health field such as Natural News and Food Freedom that have supported many other areas of alternative news. Nearly all hardworking alternative media has increased across the board.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Can someone explain what this is supposed to reveal? I have read through the source (including the White House Letter) and it appears to be saying the following:

1. There are lots of asteroids in the solar system and they could potentially hit us.

2. Recommendations to step up new monitoring systems

To me, this simply seems like disaster planning (government version of say fire crews tackling controlled fires for training). This type of thing has been going on for years and simply shows that we, as a species, are prepared to survive nature!

I may be misreading this totally and if i am then please feel free to point this out but it does just appear to be planning for possible future collisions...................

It's not disaster planning , its called funding planning

Cry panic and you get money.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i am with you to

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Love it! Can't disagree

For the record, is any one suprised that we get hit by asteroids? Look at the history of the planet and all of the impact craters. Look at the moon and every planet in the solar system (and their moons). We are, essentially, a giant rock spinning in space around other rocks - of course we get hit from time to time.

For me, the big story would be if we, as a species, were not looking for solutions to this problem. Not trying to debunk or spoil anyones fun on here, but can we please start to have (even a bit) less of the fear mongering and the doom and gloom brigade. Obviously not too much less though as we are all on an 'alternative' website and therefore clearly love it!

edit on 12-5-2011 by Flavian because: cosmetic (missing word)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This article was a good read; however it only told of how they are handling the discovery and potential NEOs and the chain of command for an emergency response. This is just good prepatory information. As for the doom and gloom, keep it up. I firmly believe that if was not for the doom and gloom people that we would be blissfully unaware of our environment around us, possibly leading us to our ultimate extinction or slavery to the man.

Thanks for sharing..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cloud333

almost forgot... remember what Edna Mo states in the Incredibles, "Luck favors the prepared!" I can attest that many of times..

top topics

join