It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT: Online Craze Over Looming "Comet Doomsday"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At the beginning of the article, it states that Elenin was an April fools joke..... uh.... yeah.... I think we talked about this comet LONG before April 1st... just sayin

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

It wasn't Elenin that was the April fools joke, It was the statement that there where spaceships flying behind it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Might be unwise to pay off completely any long term debt obligations at this time. Also if you have life insurance you might want to share particulars with trusted family members and vice versa.

Remember how the insurance companies behaved after Katrina.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The Elenin comet is to flyby Earth at an estimated distance of 35,000 kilometers in mid-October. You would need good binoculars or a telescope to see it harmlessly pass and go away

I thought was a lot further than 35,000 miles, which is extremely close. I think RT is wrong on this number!

ALS

Yes, they are very, very, very wrong!

Comet Elenin will pass 22 million miles away from Earth

www.accuweather.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
ok..let me just clarify this up..

the latin american counterpart for april fool’s day,is the feast of the holy innocents,it is celebrated on dec 28.

which on that day argentinean astronomer sergio toscano,made a report on the alien theory that was cited by a number of latin american media outlets.

sergio toscano said the data came from the Chinese national space agency.

so the story was made up..and as most people,don't know or didn't at the time realize it was design as a joke,for latin americans.

well that how i interpreted this article.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

I recall the article claiming China had been receiving messages from a moon orbiting Saturn. The ship(s) following in the comets tail theory was more recent... or so I thought. I could be wrong.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is a typo I think, I've read in various places that it wont get closer than the moon. I don't know why people think that just because a comet is coming it's the end of the world, we've had many pass by before, why this one? People just want the world to end....it's sad. Whats the point of obsessing over it? Who are you gonna say "told you so" to if we're all dead?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir
I don't know why people think that just because a comet is coming it's the end of the world, we've had many pass by before, why this one? People just want the world to end....it's sad. Whats the point of obsessing over it? Who are you gonna say "told you so" to if we're all dead?

i absolutely agree,some people get off on the doom and gloom predictions..

the only way this world will end,is through mankind's stupidity and aggressive mentality towards eachother.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

lol,since we here are speculating,look at that pic you have of sheen,lol earth potential hazard,with the accent over the e.lol. ats really gets to people.lol

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

i have to disagree with both,in my opinion they simply have lost hope and trust in our society ,system and leaders .so when all that is lost a sense of survival kicks in.add to that a bit of ignorance to such subjects like this,what else can we expect? its not doom and gloom they want,that is what they perceive of the present.that is my opinion,nothing more.
edit on 12-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join