It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if space is like the ocean and planets are like islands? That means space is teeming with life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matti420
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

What if, like Octopus'/Octopi?!?!?!(making reference to what we do know about the creatures in our Oceans) these creatures used a sort of cloaking device to hide themselves as some sort of protection from other beings? Obviously it is impossible for you personally, to answer this....Just throwing the idea out there. =P

But as stated before, the Universe is Infinite, so there is still (even the slightest) possibility of these beings existing in another Galaxy/Solar System.
edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: Bad grammer...=/

I'm pretty sure there are organisms that have adapted ALL types of defensive mechs. That is how nature works.

I can't help but imagine us on Earth as 300 billion shrimp living in a sunken chest, 3' by 4', 5 miles beneath the surface of the ocean. We were born and die in this little chest, it's all we and our ancestors know. We've ventured out a few inches from the chest and don't see anything. We don't see any other shrimp, we don't see any fish, we don't see nothing, so we assume we're alone and the world outside our chest is dead. But little do we know, there are dolphins and whales swimming 5 miles above us. There are giant squid and eels 2 miles above us. It's just that we, in our limited and frail state, will never witness those organisms.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
No life on the Moon?

...but there is. Didn't originate there but colonies of microbes are living there now.... we brought them with us....

Earth Microbes on the Moon....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by DZAG Wright

What if we are all cells inside other cells and so on?

I actually think about this...and can probably put a pretty good argument that we are. In this reality, everything is a copy of something else. For example, a puddle is a miniature ditch, a ditch is like a stream, a stream is like a river, a lake is like the ocean, etc.

We may possibly be crotch lice for the earth. Or we maybe virus and bacteria for the universe...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GalacticJoe
What if there is a type of life in the complexity of the sun's magnetic fields? How would we know?

Again, there maybe some organism that evolved to live within the sun or close proximety to it. Have we found any organisms that can live in volcanoes?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
what a joke, life is everywhere.

There is more to this universe than we can ever understand, no point in making assumptions because when it comes right down to it we have no idea whats out there.

in b4 devourer of worlds shows up.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
I started a thread on it have a look at the video in my post and tell me that could not be life...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
life is everywhere...

Thank you!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't put a whole lot of stock in what comes out from Project Camelot. But if you look into the "Charles Material" (interviewed by Bill Ryan), he very briefly hints at the idea of space being populated with creatures just as our oceans are. At most I think he says about 10 words on the subject/idea but that doesn't make it any less interesting.
Again, I take most info out of PC with a grain of salt but it does make you wonder.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Exactly! Makes ya think! ;-)

When I began my studies of the cell in regards to them changing into cancer cells I began to realize how complex and smart they really are. Its as if all living things are in their own right, systematic and organized until...they become lazy or transformed somehow in some sort of evolution process. It seems almost natural for every living thing to change over time because of their surroundings and or influences. All living things derive from the same thing....
Energy!

The statement, "I Am", or "God is within us" and or..."we are in God"...now....makes sense! ha!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Also.....we are made up of mostly water, so is our Planet. Creation is on going and never ending. Look at bird that existed a thousand years ago....
Life is constantly adapting to its surroundings and always will. Our Earth....same thing. She is adapting and in doing so may kill off some of the parasites that are eating her up!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There's nothing unique about the elements on Earth that sustain life that cannot be on other planets. Iron, Copper, Zinc, Carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Selenium, Nitrogen..... all in the human body, but no different from the elements of the periodic table. We're out in the boonies in our galaxy, so pretty inconceivable that Earth is the only little dot that got the right mix of elements. It seems like it's harder to PREVENT life from starting than it is to kick start it. So maybe not in empty space, but maybe not so far away either.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Exactly! Makes ya think! ;-)

When I began my studies of the cell in regards to them changing into cancer cells I began to realize how complex and smart they really are. Its as if all living things are in their own right, systematic and organized until...they become lazy or transformed somehow in some sort of evolution process. It seems almost natural for every living thing to change over time because of their surroundings and or influences. All living things derive from the same thing....
Energy!

The statement, "I Am", or "God is within us" and or..."we are in God"...now....makes sense! ha!

I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read a few years back that talks about this exact thing.... When I come up with it I'll post it for you....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yeah, we don't find any DNA/chemical life in volcanoes that I am aware of. I just can't help but feel that chemical life is not the only possibility. We know there are other forces in nature. What makes electro-magnetism/chemistry the only carrier of 'life like processes'?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The moon has an atmosphere.

I heard the Apollo boys hammering that stake into the moon with a hammer.

If the moon had no atmosphere there would have been no sound from that Astronaut hammering that stake into the moon.

There's got to be more life out there then if even our moon has an atmosphere....or we FAKED THE MOON LANDING.

If the moon does have an atmosphere as the sun heats the surface it would cause air to rise and create wind as the colder air on the back side of the moon rushed in to fill the space.

Whatchyou think? Does tha moon have an atmosphere? ha ha ha!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey hey!!! Glad to see one of my grade 3 thoughts making it here

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
With life that can survive in space. That life can swim through space like fish through water. The first time I thought of this was watching the youtube vid's someone posted here that questioned whether there was organic life in space. From the video it was quite obvious that there are life forms that live in space.

Can there be huge creatures that also live in space?

What if space is like the bottom of the ocean? What if our galaxy is actually something that is at the bottom of a ocean? Does space not remind others of just that...the pitch black of miles under the ocean.

Just thinking...

But I do believe that there maybe organisms that actually live in space. That space isn't the dead vacumn we've always been taught. If there's one thing we know about life, is that life exists everywhere.

you must be smokin some killer bud!!

Excellent thought tho, it makes sense to me!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
But why would any life that is in outer space have to be physical in nature? If there was any life, perhaps it doesn't need to breath oxygen and isn't physical at all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2011 by starborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
have a look for flying rods ?
some kind of ufo or living thing.
they are long like a stick
with 4 sets of wigs or more.
they are Fast and have been seen in space?
maybe some thing that evolved.
wow lots of vids for flying rods.
just google it.
www.dailymotion.com...

edit on 12-5-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
have a look for flighing rods ?
some kind of ufo or living thing.
if I find it I will add it.

But do Rods travel in outer space? I've never seen any evidence for this. There is much evidence for them zipping around the planet and under water though.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by starborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yes!

And it was actually when I saw the “tether incident” that Blarneystoner
embedded that I started to wonder if there might be massive and microscopic creatures floating out there in space like jellyfish in the ocean.

Much of what we know about space is imho vastly outweighed by what we don’t know – and I think that viewing the universe as an ocean dotted with planetary islands is an intriguing way of viewing the universe.

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join