It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"She heard me. She turned and looked at me and the police officer shot her,"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yet again:

A call for help to police ends with a family dog getting shot and killed by the responding officer.

She received a threatening phone call and called the police. For help.

"As soon as I saw him, the dogs also saw him and started just trotting over there, not rushing over there, not barking, not growling, just curious," said Landis.

As dogs will do. Who ever thinks their dog walking up to somebody is a threatening action? Who ever thinks a dog just walking up to you is a threatening action?

The cop grabbed his gun and made steps back.

"I said, 'Ava, nein,' our German Shepherd was trained in German," said Landis.

'Nein' is German for 'no.'

"She heard me. She turned and looked at me and the police officer shot her," said Landis. "I started screaming, 'Oh my god, what did you do? What did you do?' He came towards me and said, 'Ma'am, I had to do it. I had to do it.'"

Another cop fears for his life.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Moral of the story? Dont call the cops for help. They'll only make your life worse.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Moral of the story? With me? The inspector in the crime scene is currently investigating a body of a dead dog and the body of a police officer that apparently had his head blown off with a 20 gauge.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
another case of a trigger happy cop,who shouldn't be in-control of a gun...

it's getting to the point,that the cops are the last people you should call for help...

in-fact it's getting dangerous to call the cops for assistance,as there is a very real chance,the police will shoot you,or your pet,depending on what mood the cop is in...

this is what protecting you !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fa0f9e5b4d4.gif[/atsimg]

link   
Oh, my God! I feel so sorry for this owner! I can't believe it! How senseless and STUPID!

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Moral of the story? Dont call the cops for help. They'll only make your life worse.

Thanks for the reminder!

link   
Reminds me of many other cases one i remember they straight unloaded on this man and their own K9 assault and then air lifted the dog to treatment leaving the man to twitch and die... and the other of course it was mistaken house and killed the dogs in front of the children. police are sick with money all of it is corrupt.. all in the name of profit.. just sad.. =[[

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I guess cops run amok is a "Rant" now?

Cops shooting dogs:

Breaking alt news

Breaking alt news

Soc Issues/ Civil unrest

Where are all the other cops tazing and shooting people for no reason threads are? Rants?

Oh well, whatever.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah I remember watching this video a while back, the dog was literally walking up in the least intimidating manner ever, and it didn't look even mildly threatening. It was trotting over there, and the cop stepped back, had about 5 seconds to climb in his car and close the door as he was 2 feet away from it, but instead that pig pulled out his gun and shot a family pet. Imagine if your dog got killed by some cop that you called for help.

It seems like nowadays cops do more harm than good. I bet he'll get a 2 week vacation, then he's going to be right back on the streets.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Having carried the mail for the postal service for several years, I can testify to the fact that like people who think their children are simply grand in all ways, the typical dog owner will say, "Don't worry, my dog won't bite."

If you value your unblimished skin, the full use of your fingers, hands, wrists, ankles and legs, you NEVER take the owner's soothing words at heart. If you do, you will eventually bleed. All of your attention is put on the dog. In dog behavior, the fact that she turned her head in indicative that she heard the command, but did not really want to respond as commanded.

Gernan Shepards are the worse for stealth attacks. They were bred by the Nazis for viciousness.

I could tell you a bunch of stories about my experiences with dog's and about a family member's GS named innocently "Cindy" to back up how the owner of the dog always pleads innocent for the dog and downplays the dog's behavior. And don't get me started on Pit Bulls....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I guess cops run amok is a "Rant" now?

A rant is a speech or text that does not present a calm argument; rather, it is typically an enthusiastic speech or talk or lecture on an idea, a person or an institution.

This is what I thought a rant was.
A statement based more from anger and opinion than from fact.

To the best of my current understanding, what I read in this OP is quoted facts from the Local News. Even though anger would be justified, it is not present.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

My guess is the mods are tired of seeing thread after thread pointing our bad cops behavior or they actually think there is no bad cop behavior and pretending that any action by a cop is any less than righteous is completely unfounded if not made up entirely.

Despite just presenting quotes from a news source.

We cant say this is merely the opinion of one mod since they are allegedly required to convene among themselves.

I'm quite baffled.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

i think,it's more to do,with the mods fear,of ATS being labeled for inciting hatred,towards cops..

which in essence it would be true,if this was not backed up as being confirmed true,which it is,so therefore,it is warrented,that we question,the cops behaviour and grave errors at every level.

no doubt ATS,has had the polite warning.

i guess were all on the boarder of being called extremists,for expressing our views in this western ideology of freedom.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
I could tell you a bunch of stories about my experiences with dog's and about a family member's GS named innocently "Cindy" to back up how the owner of the dog always pleads innocent for the dog and downplays the dog's behavior. And don't get me started on Pit Bulls....

The name of my GS is Angel. The only things she'd do is lick you to death! She is rather useless as a guard dog but makes one hell of a licking machine.

If she were shot it would be with her tail wagging looking to greet the person shooting her.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I'm with you brother.
I value my dogs above almost all human life, and those who i might place above, these dogs would die for willingly i'm sure.
It seems we have all sorts of personality and psychological tests and yet we still have a hard time finding a few cops that aren't askeered of a puppy.
This cop needs to quit and become a grociry clerk or something less threatened, he obviously cannot protect himself yet alone the public.
What shame he must have for himself.

This is one of the ones that gives the real hero officers a bad rep.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What the #?! I'd take his gun and shoot his ass myself if anyone hurt one of my pets.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I feel it should be standard proceedure to warn the dog
owners that their dog could be shot if not put away. But,
that doesn't usually happen.An officer sees a dog and goes
for his/her gun immediately!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I feel it should be standard proceedure to warn the dog
owners that their dog could be shot if not put away. But,
that doesn't usually happen.An officer sees a dog and goes
for his/her gun immediately!

Exactly true! And that is because they are more than aware of how their own K-9 German Shepards are trained to tear your damned arm or leg off if allowed. Did you ever see those dogs just straining to get to go in for the kill. Those dogs are restrained until the "kill" order is given, only then is the leash removed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Police canines are not trained with "kill" orders. What kind of bs are you spouting? They are trained to detain the person. Doe that mean latching on to an arm or leg? In many cases it does. However, it rarely result in serious injuries.

Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot I'm on ATS. Cops are bad all they want to do is murder murder murder and their little doggies too.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Gernan Shepards are the worse for stealth attacks. They were bred by the Nazis for viciousness.

German Shepards (sic) were bred by German sheep herders to herd sheep.
edit on 16-5-2011 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

top topics

join