It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To This Invention???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
That's pretty awesome. But I always wonder about one thing. Every time I see guys making H2O engines and such, they always say, "My engine can run exclusively on water... but my engine is a water-gasoline hybrid." Why? Why make a hybrid if you can run it exclusively on water??? Is there a logical reason for this? It's not like you're going to run out of water when 100 miles takes only 4 ounces. That is incredible! Why make a hybrid??

Anybody know why?

Yes because otherwise the scam doesn't work. The gasoline engine is needed for either

1. To power the car

or

2. To run a generator to electrolyze the water.

Scams like this have been around since at least the Arab Oil Embargo of the 1970's. They never submit their claims to objective, independent review, and the gullible fall for it every time.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
The energy released from the ignition of X amount of H2 is many times more than the electrical energy required to create X amount of H2. Thus only a very small portion of the energy released from the ignition of X amount of H2 is required to create the electrical energy to create X amount of H2.
edit on 13-5-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

No it isn't. What is your source for these claims?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

i'm sure there are efficient ways to produce it. i dont believe you need more energy put in than you take out. there must be a way where upon the gases are easily set free. perhaps with the right frequency and voltage and physical set up.

No, there isn't any way, else you'd be violating the laws of thermodynamics and creating a perpetual motion machine. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Out of all the alternatives we should consider for energy, water should never-ever be used as a direct energy source. If the oil on our planet vanished over night, we can still survive without it being present. Water is another story. If water were to suddenly vanish over night, we will eventually die within a matter of a few weeks. Oil is a byproduct of compressed fossils, which were squeezed together between many layers of earth. Its presence does not directly affect our biological well being.

Water mills are a good concept, for they do not evaporate the resource. Anything that reduces the water supply will eventually endanger our entire species. If we are able to diminish one resource, how fast do you think we can diminish another one?

edit on 13-5-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

??

You do realize that evaporated water is still water, right? whether it's a liquid, a solid, or a gas, water is water. Always has been and always will be. The amount of water on this planet does not change, ever (trace amounts are lost due to atmospheric escape, but those amounts are extremely minimal)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

We used a HHO cutting tool for cutting metal underwater but I had no idea it could be feasably used to power cars and such. This is really amazing but I really doubt it will ever make it into mass production for automobile applications.

About 30 years ago Smokey Yunick, of racing fame developed the Phase I adiabatic engine using a Fuel Vaporizing Carburetor system that ran at 80% effeciency (most production engines operate around 25%-35% effeciency) and created 2 hp per cubic inch but it never saw production either. He even received a patent for it but for the obvious reasons TPTB have kept it hidden away.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by Section31
Out of all the alternatives we should consider for energy, water should never-ever be used as a direct energy source. If the oil on our planet vanished over night, we can still survive without it being present. Water is another story. If water were to suddenly vanish over night, we will eventually die within a matter of a few weeks. Oil is a byproduct of compressed fossils, which were squeezed together between many layers of earth. Its presence does not directly affect our biological well being.

Water mills are a good concept, for they do not evaporate the resource. Anything that reduces the water supply will eventually endanger our entire species. If we are able to diminish one resource, how fast do you think we can diminish another one?

edit on 13-5-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

??

You do realize that evaporated water is still water, right? whether it's a liquid, a solid, or a gas, water is water. Always has been and always will be. The amount of water on this planet does not change, ever (trace amounts are lost due to atmospheric escape, but those amounts are extremely minimal)

That is very true, we are essentially drinking the very same water that the dinosaurs drank, it's just been recycled over millions of years.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

LOL, I know this is an old thread, but you have serious tunnel vision here. You are kinda suggesting oil is magic and refutes the laws of thermodynamics because we can obtain it relatively easily and it burns very efficiently to produce a tremendous amount of energy relative to what WE have put it. Your conclusion is that this energy is magically inherent to oil, and therefore any other substance can possibly have this mystical property. Sorry, petroleum is NOT magic, and it's energy DOES indeed come from somewhere. Forces beyond human capability have compressed and broken down the material in fossils over thousands, possibly approaching millions, of years. To this day we can't even CREATE oil. Think about that for a second. It is beyond human capability to exert the energies needed to create Oil! How's that for your energy in? The energy OUT from oil does not even register in any meaningful way to the energy IN to create it...which is the EXACT same situation described in this thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join