It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To This Invention???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i have 2 questions
how much energy required to split h and o from h2o?
what percentage of the planet has access to clean water
theory not always practicable(energy from salt water would be the way)
just my perspective on this issue

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jod73

It does not require that much energy. The problem is that it is a second stage energy source. You still need to burn something first stage to create it. In the process you lose energy. This results in energy deficit and increased cost. The two things that would make an energy source absolutely unappealing.

Why would you burn up Grade A energy source to produce much less Grade B energy source? It is neither environmentally nor economically sound. You are still burning the same or MORE Grade A energy source, to produce a pricier and less efficient Grade B energy source.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The energy released from the ignition of X amount of H2 is many times more than the electrical energy required to create X amount of H2. Thus only a very small portion of the energy released from the ignition of X amount of H2 is required to create the electrical energy to create X amount of H2. This is something that is very common in nature… it’s called leverage.
edit on 13-5-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I wonder if solar power can be used to split the Hydrogen from water in unison with the cars electric system? Might require a pretty big panel though, throw in some step up voltage transformers and there is no reason that you can't convert solar power into something like 240v to make some serious gas.

**Edit**

Found this recent article about doing something similar a report commissioned from the Department of Energy: www.colorado.edu...
edit on 13-5-2011 by DigitalSea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSea
I wonder if solar power can be used to split the Hydrogen from water in unison with the cars electric system?

The energy released from the hydrogen can be used to create electricity to split hydrogen from water.

Look… we already use this principle when we drill for oil. You need a certain amount of energy to produce one barrel of oil out of the ground. But the energy that can be released from that one barrel of oil can produce several barrels of oil out of the ground otherwise it wouldn’t be feasible to produce oil out of the ground. It’s the same principle. You need a certain amount of energy to produce one volume of hydrogen. But the energy that can be released from one volume of hydrogen can produce 100 volumes of hydrogen.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What the shills are doing to confuse is they’re eliminating the leverage aspect of this which is the ignition or the spark. Like all volatile gases… once the hydrogen is ignited it explodes creating a hell of a lot more energy than what was required to produce it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
His name is Dennis Klein aka Denny klein
link
edit on 13-5-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jod73
i have 2 questions
how much energy required to split h and o from h2o?
what percentage of the planet has access to clean water
theory not always practicable(energy from salt water would be the way)
just my perspective on this issue

wouldn't salt water be corrosive?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If an invention like this were to make it on to the public market then the governments would increase the price of tap water to conform with the reduced profits from oil. Yes some people would collect rain water but not everybody is willing to take this step and people would still need baths, showers and other general home uses. Governments are very clever in this way. The way they go about such an increase would most likely involve some form of major earth changing disaster occurring over time as a result of our consumption levels (in oil we have global warming). Or other commodities such as food and general household goods would see a considerable increase in price. Whatever happens I can guarantee that they will not be running at a loss of profit. They will find a way to make what they are making now in cash, or even more.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
This wont kick off, governments make no money out of it, no reasons for war. surprised he ain't been assassinated and the invention covered up. or they could tax us to the balls for water haha like they don't already

he cant be assasinated because hes not just a single person with an invention that nobody will miss...he's been working with lots of people within his company...even got it patented. if he was killed it would raise too many suspicions...the answer was in the video...hes working with the government??? what that probly means is they are going to find out how he does it so they can use it for themselves and pay him and anyone involved a large sum of money to pretend it never existed.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't know......something sticky to the whole thing.

Is this not the tech on which all water based motors work....so this guy is not the first one to come up with the science behind it?

I mean...all the rumours of cars running on water.....and never seems to be thread of (real) evidence excisting?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well if that flame is being projected at something that gets so hot as the surface of the sun??

Then you vaporize water with it to drive an steam generator.

Direct the flame at charcoal, put charcoal beneath water vessel, the heat of the 'sun' will vaporize the water in the vessel and then that pressure powers an steam generator.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
You don't think they could make a tire that lasts 200,000 miles? Of course they could... But then Michelin wouldn't be selling as many tires, so they tell the scientists involved in the tire's design "Make us a tire that is good... but not too good".

I know this post i quoted was made earlier in this thread, but it made me remember something. There is an old wheel and tire from a military vehicle sitting on a concrete foundation down back on our farm. The tire clearly says it was made in 1947. (not sure why they put the date on tires back then) Yet, the tire shows no signs of weather cracking at all, it's still holding air, and the camo paint on the wheel has no chips or sun fading. Just goes to show that if they want to, they can make something last forever. Too bad the ones that are making the big bucks don't realize that they are only fueling thier own problem. The higher the price of stuff, the more money they feel they need.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

From what i can gather Klien and his company entered a co-development partner ship with EET in 2009
The ceo of EET is/was ben croxton. EET started mining and split off its tech stuff under under world energy solutions Inc. ceo is ben croxton. These guys pick up NASA contracts and seemingly develop for and supply to US gov.
So i'm guessing that yes, Klien did get the golden handshake and his tech will be watered down so to speak for use in conjunction with petrol/diesel in hybrid vehicles if at all.
world energy solutions has been taken over a few times now and kleins tech nicely buried. I think it ended up in the hands of the Markit group.
fuel-efficient-vehicles.org...

www.prnewswire.com... html

www.globenewswire.com...

www.hydrogen-powered-cars.net...

worldwide.espacenet.com...

fuel-efficient-vehicles.org...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousR

You don't think they could make a tire that lasts 200,000 miles? Of course they could... But then Michelin wouldn't be selling as many tires, so they tell the scientists involved in the tire's design "Make us a tire that is good... but not too good".

I know this post i quoted was made earlier in this thread, but it made me remember something. There is an old wheel and tire from a military vehicle sitting on a concrete foundation down back on our farm. The tire clearly says it was made in 1947. (not sure why they put the date on tires back then) Yet, the tire shows no signs of weather cracking at all, it's still holding air, and the camo paint on the wheel has no chips or sun fading. Just goes to show that if they want to, they can make something last forever. Too bad the ones that are making the big bucks don't realize that they are only fueling thier own problem. The higher the price of stuff, the more money they feel they need.

Yep. I have a 76 F150 with original motor. Hell, most of it is original. Buy my 04 Explorer....not so much

I really hope this company can get some publicity, money, and whatever they need to make this happen.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Since I can't create a thread yet, and since I remembered this while I was reading the posts in this thread, I'm going to put it here and let you and the mods toss the cards in the air. In the 80's I was into the muscle car phase, read many mag's and books. While I don't remember the mag I read it in I'm going to say it was car craft. The car was a pontiac fiero built by non-other then smokey yenko. A name that anyone with an interest in performance cars will know and respect. What was special about this car was his personal claim, 50mpg 0 to 60 in 5 secs.

The process was rather simple and to this day makes complete sense, using a heat exchanger with the exhaust manifold he heated the gasoline to its vapor point and mixed it with the air with a turbo as it entered the manifold to achieve maximum burn.

here is a video of the car, I can't find any other information on the net regarding the car, but the science makes sense

edit on 13-5-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Gas Companies: "Heres $250 Million, now go the # away"
Inventor: "DEAL!"

For a fraction of that they could hire someone to make him disappear.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

This is NOT sustainable energy! I love this idea, but you have to realize that the MASSIVE amounts of electricity that it takes to create brown gas, or HHO, is generated primarily by fossil fuel consuming power plants.
Now, if we were to use sustainable means of generating electricity, like something similar to a solar reflector/sterling engine: www.youtube.com

Proposals like a parabolic solar concentrators has been around to produce usable byproducts while also utilizing the initial solar power generation of a dish array in areas with great sunshine, like the Pacific Northwest deserts. Along with the vast wind available there combined is still just a supplement to the local power grid. Here are some various sketches I provided for different scales of chemical collecting parabolic dish concepts and scaled up array to give one an idea of the kind of infrastructure involved in power grid supplementation and portable fuel cell and generator power supplement. The idea behind the research is to arrive at a truly self sustainable platform and one starts the process with baby steps.

Not deeply involved in the tech my understanding of the PNNL proposal is automated chemical storage containers need to be collected by staff, and scaled up to vast arrays.

Portable fuel production also involves a bit of man work, as much as weight is minimized, still complex to gain enough raw power just from sunshine.

Just one day, when many of the various means begin to work their way into our petro infrastructure (using the source we just create sunblock to protect our skin from) will we be able to fill up our hydrogen tanks in our cars at the local gas stations. But the commitment must be made first, where efficiency seems nil.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by defcon5

The energy required to generate the oxyhydrogen always exceeds the energy released by combusting it
Wikipedia does agree with you. What a let down, maybe there are more efficient ways to produce this gas. It seems like brilliant stuff.

i'm sure there are efficient ways to produce it. i dont believe you need more energy put in than you take out. there must be a way where upon the gases are easily set free. perhaps with the right frequency and voltage and physical set up.

i witnessed an exhibition of this torch several years ago at a market in northern nsw.(oz).the unit was the size of an industrial welder. it was plugged into an extension cord of 240v ac. the operator brushed the flame over his hand. then held it to an aluminium rod and it just dripped to the round. it did not collapse the rod. he then held it to a steel rod and it dripped to the ground. he then held it to a tungsten or titanium rod(sorry, long time ago), and it dripped to the ground. all rods were about 1/16" or one sixteenth of an inch diameter.
he then held it to basalt and it was glowing red in seconds, i cant remember if it melted. he did melt a housebrick into slag. following this he filled a small motorcycle engine with the gas. its exhaust pipe was inch and quarter plastic tube(about 30mm) into a 20 litre drum of water. we were instructed to watch the exhaust pipe whilst he held an electronic wand to the engines sparkplug.

bang!
the tube collapsed instantly as the gas reduced to water in the engine and caused a vacumn. this was momentary and then the expanding tube sucked water from the drum. but the drums bottom did fail after several demonstrations indicating i presume a high pressure discharge at some point. the unit was subsequently sold and i lost track of it. i feel sure more info could be obtained from

www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

which is an open source free energy group in byron bay australia. some of the original members of the amatuer science and research group in that northern rivers area may now be in the byron group.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

"Browns Gas". Remember Stanley Meyer, he designed an engine that would run solely on water, after his demonstration to the Military it seems he was Poisoned. Any ideas here???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join