It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To This Invention???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

this is awesome! one thing i was thinking though i wonder if its used for fuel will the water be tainted after its used? 70 percent of the earth is water so we won't run out soon, but we also can't make new water right? maybe i'm just dumb about chemistry

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
You don't think they could make a tire that lasts 200,000 miles? Of course they could... But then Michelin wouldn't be selling as many tires, so they tell the scientists involved in the tire's design "Make us a tire that is good... but not too good".

Hell, I'm willing to bet right now that the technology exists to make a car that runs on pure MAGIC... But then how would companies sell you oil filters, gas, fuel pumps, etc.?

EDIT: So where did this invention go? Well, imagine a conversation that goes something like this...

Gas Companies: "Heres $250 Million, now go the # away"
Inventor: "DEAL!"
edit on 5/12/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

Using the 200,000 mile tire theory, which is probably true, you have to remember the flip side to products that last forever. If you are selling products that last, you are certainly going to reduce the workforce required to produce and sell the tires...permanently. Now take that analogy to every other item you can think of, especially electronics. The world population would be devistated by unemployment like we've never seen, simply because there would be no need for the jobs to exist.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This guy appears to be another scammer. I could really do that scam well since I have learned how to mix water and propane using ultrasound.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
It was DENNY KLEIN .... Dennis Klein
www.hytechapps.com...

Somebody was interested can someone check this page for when it was last active please?? I can't do it because I suck.

FireFox 4, says..

Modified: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 15:13:53

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yeah, that news clip was from 3 or 4 years ago. I saw it back then. We want our HHO gas powered vehicals
NOW!!! We should look into/contact this company and find out whats going on.

Good Question and thanks for reminding us about that.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We did this in college in 1985,simple electric plates in water producing hydrogen gas.You can make one of these kits for your car if you have a carb,fuel injection is already efficient to the point where you wont notice hydrogen assistance.And since hydrogen itself is way lower octane you would have no power in your vehicle.I worked on a project at sierra lobo in ohio(a sub division of nasa plumbrook) and they are under contract with the us military for making hydrogen powered vehicles.they actually have a patent on a new storage method of hydrogen known as slushing.Ill see if i can find some info.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

can you imagine a world.
Where we don't work for money.
But for progress, things would only be made to last and be better built

It's ok to dream for a while

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
reply to post by Adyta

can you imagine a world.
Where we don't work for money.
But for progress, things would only be made to last and be better built

It's ok to dream for a while

Yes, that sounds like the Star Trek world!
Love it!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This is NOT sustainable energy! I love this idea, but you have to realize that the MASSIVE amounts of electricity that it takes to create brown gas, or HHO, is generated primarily by fossil fuel consuming power plants.
Now, if we were to use sustainable means of generating electricity, like something similar to a solar reflector/sterling engine: www.youtube.com
If this machine were set up along coastal areas and implemented a desalination process and another steam powered electric turbine, not only would it generate more electricity that could be used in electrolysis for creating brown gas, but it could also create excess electricity and drinking water.
Personally, I don't disregard claims of "free energy" off hand, even though I've been indoctrinated with the second law of thermodynamics by the scientific community, being an engineer, but I certainly look into them further before I make such wild claims like, "this will end the energy crisis."
The real key to ending the energy crisis is a marriage of several technologies that are tried and true (and are not under fire from big energy companies) but haven't been tied into one system.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The answer is simple. It takes more energy to produce the fuel than it produces, meaning more pollution and not less. Why people ignore that amazes me. It was clearly posted on page one.

The same problems that make all the other energy production schemes irrelevant apply to this one, which this fellow had no part in inventing. We did that in High School Chemistry class in the 1960's and it has been around for far longer than that. It disappears because it is not viable.

One of the reasons that the extremists, including Mr. Obama are trying to drive the costs of energy through the roof is to artificially make these schemes viable. What they are not telling you is that going to this will produce more pollution, not less. The energy needed would have to come from the same methods used now.

Why the pie in the sky folk refuse to accept facts is beyond reason. Selective illiteracy driven by an ideological agenda that ignores facts.

In Obama's case it's the crowd who made him President, who also have control of the Chicago Carbon Exchange and Gore's company that control his actions. He could give a crap less about the environment himself. He knows that he can count on the ideologues to buy into the myths and make his future one of fabulous wealth and enrich those who put him in office. He has never been the one making the decisions. That is why his decisions make so little sense in fact. Destroying our economy will make him and his mentor's so wealthy they will be able to buy the world, if they pull this off.

We right now sit on more energy resources than the Saudi's and all the Middle East combined, but do we see them lift a finger to free us from foreign energy? We could have gone to LNG vehicles and energy production decades ago. It would reduce pollution by a huge amount. So why are we not doing that?

Just one Natural Gas field I worked in, in Wyoming has enough sitting there for hundreds of year and it's just one of many. Those of us who worked the actual rigs, who talked to the Geologists often know this, but the ideologues are to far gone to listen. So, they are played like a fiddle.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Know what invention I miss the most? The Flowbee...that sucker (no pun intended) gave the BEST haircuts and...no mess to clean up. It's strange how many truly great inventions have been swept under the rug

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is this kind of like Browns Gas? Hell, all these inventors usually are offered so much money they sell out to the oil companies, then, they do away with it forever.If they don't sell out most of the time they are threatened out...either way, we lose....all the energy we could ever want is free and right here in the earth and non polluting....It can't be metered so we will never get it till after the revolution....$$$$$$$ is all the love...It is their God.......and the bad thing about it, when things hit the fan, you can't eat it.....it's nothing more than an A$$ wipe and a poor one at that....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
as mentioned before this tecnology is nothing new . to see how it works get a glass of water and connect brass rods to the positive and negative contacts on a battery via a wire then place the probes in the glass of water . as the energy flows from one electrode to another bubbles will rise to the surface those bubbles are brown gas or hho. there are many diy car kits on the market www.squidoo.com...

www.youtube.com...

if im not mistaken mobile phone companys use hho generators to power remote masts in an emergency

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Is this the man who found a way to separate hydrogen from water with resonance? He was poisoned and all of his patents were seized. This is old news. May he rest in peace.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i dnt think its possible to get fire out of h2o , how does this technology works , hard to belive.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

"We take water and we break it down using our very unique electrolysis process"
"Using our very unique electrolysis process"
"Very unique"

It is a well known fact that it takes more electricity to break the water down into hydrogen and oxygen than the fuel generated can produce by burning it. Water is not a fuel, rather it is broken down into a fuel. Look at the first law of thermodynamics and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Converting vehicles to run either entirely on or augmented by HHO or "oxyhydrogen" is a SCAM!. An old scam originating from as early as the 1960's if I recall reading somewhere. I apologize I can't find the source to prove that one.

Plus this invention isn't new. It's already been patented in 1966 by two men: William Rhodes and Raymond Henes. Patent Here.

In summary I'll admit Hydrogen gas is a viable yet volitile fuel. But all claims to power anything solely on water is an absolute falsehood and until someone discloses absolute proof that they can cheat the first law of thermodynamics which would likely end the world, it shall remain that way.

So I'll leave you with a good read, folks. How to bash pseudoscience. I hope we can learn to smell the stench of fraud more easily. Do some research, folks, and "Deny Ignorance".
edit on 12-5-2011 by Deemo Diablo because: one up

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

We might has well close ATS, in 1998 a dude wrote a couple pages on how to bash pseudo-science and it really gives you the idea that we are moron compared to him.
edit on 12-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
According to this website it is against the Magnuson-Moss Act to void a car warranty because you installed an aftermarket part.

An Aftermarket part is engineered to replace an existing part that is made by the manufacturer ( i.e. replacing a Ford oil filter with a Fram oil filter designed for that model), its not a complete modification to the engine intended to inject a gas that the engine was not designed to run on. If there is a failure of the engine resulting from such a modification the vehicle manufacturer will void the warranty and be safe from the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act as you have subjected the vehicle to "Unreasonable Use”…

The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.

Injecting a Brown’s Gas into the engine would be the same as trying to run a normal gas engine on Diesel or Bio Diesel, then trying to get the engine replaced under its warranty. Its just not going to happen.

I certainly would not rely on the website of the company who manufactures a shady product for legal advice relating to that product. That’s sort of like asking a snake oil salesman if his product really cures disease.
edit on 5/12/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
Great... now they are gonna start charging us for water...(face palm)

They do here in Aus as well. My quarterly water bill is just shy of $300.... SUCKS BIG TIME

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
It was DENNY KLEIN .... Dennis Klein
www.hytechapps.com...

Somebody was interested can someone check this page for when it was last active please?? I can't do it because I suck.

FireFox 4, says..

Modified: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 15:13:53

June 12th his domain expires it will be interesting to see what happens. Of note is the founders name is nowhere on any of the domain info.

Registrant:
Hydrogen Technology Applications
Peter Dominici
4707 140th Avenue North
Clearwater, FL 33762
US
Phone: +1.7275315979
Email:

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: hytechapps.com