It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and its lies ? ELENIN 21/May/2011 - 21/Oct/2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
For starters I'm not entirely sure whats going to happen 21/5/11 through to the 21/10/11 and I'm not entirely confident with what the governments telling us about the "comet" ELENIN. Maybe its not a comet at all ? a brown dwarf ? an alien craft ? I'm sure you have all heard the different scenarios.

I've been doing a little bit of digging and I think I've found undeniable proof of scientists and NASA pure uneducated guesses about ELENIN or the fact there hiding information about it from the public. I'm quiet surprised this hasn't been noticed before.

Youtube link if not working;
www.youtube.com...

The above video is my first attempt at making ANY video lol and I try to show evidence of NASA underestimating or denying the effects of ELENIN. it shows a question and answer session involving a normal public Joe and a top scientist representing NASA.

Link to Question;
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

In the question and answer discussion, David Morrison the Astrobiology Senior Scientist denies to the utmost of anything happening due to ELENIN, slagging off many conspiracy sites as "absurd" "craziness" "lies".

I would appreciate your comments, and to add further information if you will, thank you for your time.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
nice plug Wolvo.

Liked the doomy gloomish finish with the dub-step to kick your ass!

edit on 12-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
here ya go:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We'll just have to see if it has any effect in October. If there's another large earthquake during the few days it's closest then it will be more than just a coincidence.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I recently saw an ask an astrobiologist and the guy pretty much said the same exact thing as the last guy. But here's my question. Where'd they get the date March 11th from? Other than the earthquake in Japan who came up with March 11th?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thank you warlok

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
We'll just have to see if it has any effect in October. If there's another large earthquake during the few days it's closest then it will be more than just a coincidence.

Not sure how you can predict an earthquake but, i've said before i think scientist now work it out with probability, there must be some sort of method of prediction though. No such things as coinidence
lol

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
Where'd they get the date March 11th from? Other than the earthquake in Japan who came up with March 11th?

I think that's a question for the scientist, but we all know there not going to leak any information to the public, could ask how did Nostradamus predict ? but his predictions arn't anywhere near as accurate though

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
Thank you warlok

Originally posted by TrueInstinct

Not sure how you can predict an earthquake but, i've said before i think scientist now work it out with probability, there must be some sort of method of prediction though. No such things as coinidence
lol

Where'd they get the date March 11th from? Other than the earthquake in Japan who came up with March 11th?

I think that's a question for the scientist, but we all know there not going to leak any information to the public, could ask how did Nostradamus predict ? but his predictions arn't anywhere near as accurate though

A question for the scientists? sounds like you don't know. So how can you back something when you have no idea where they got that date from? What happened in space to cause the quake on march 11th? So someone could've pulled the date outta a hat and you have no idea where they got it from? Another herd of sheeple being herded in another direction, me thinks.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

A question for the scientists? sounds like you don't know. So how can you back something when you have no idea where they got that date from? What happened in space to cause the quake on march 11th? So someone could've pulled the date outta a hat and you have no idea where they got it from? Another herd of sheeple being herded in another direction, me thinks.

I'm not no expert, all i know is there's something not right. i don't know where dates and times come from exactly, I'm just a normal bloke with questions and trying to find answers. my best guess to where they get dates from is the positioning of ELENIN and its effects from that distance. specific dates so far have been when ELENIN the earth and the sun have aligned.

(That info i have gained from searching various sites and video's)
edit on 12-5-2011 by Wolvo because: Added information

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

The next Elenin alignment date is Sept. 27, 2011. And yes, irrespective of what some scientist says, on or about that date, the fur will fly.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
chille eq .. elenin sun earth allignment

newzealand eq .. elenin sun earth allignment

japan eq.. elenin sun earth allignment

i would love to hear a top astrphysicist dismiss that as coincidental

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf

my thoughts exactly, its to perfect to be coincidence, if nothing happens between theses dates i will be very very shocked, i think maybe this might be the 2012 everyone's talking about but the Mayans are a year out.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo

Originally posted by akapapasmurf

my thoughts exactly, its to perfect to be coincidence, if nothing happens between theses dates i will be very very shocked, i think maybe this might be the 2012 everyone's talking about but the Mayans are a year out.

Orrr, the mayans are not a year off, but we are a year of with our so called calculations, cause i have read about 21-12-2012 as end date but also 28-10-2011 as end date.. So maybe this is it, time will tell, we will see.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The problem i have with Elenin allignment causing earthquakes is this; If elenin can cause 9 + magnitue earthquakes as far out as it was in march of this year and feb of last year, then come the end of september early october alignment when it is so much closer to earth then logically this should cause earthquakes with a magnitude never before seen on this planet. If that does happen then no one will be around to say see i told you so, because the earth will be essentially ripped in half and then quartered. I once was a die hard elenin allignment believer but now i am not sure what i beleive. I guess I am to the point now where i am just going to wait and see.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

I've been doing a little bit of digging and I think I've found undeniable proof of scientists and NASA pure uneducated guesses about ELENIN or the fact there hiding information about it from the public. I'm quiet surprised this hasn't been noticed before.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed the hundreds of other threads about this here. This specific "Ask an Astrobiologist" is being covered here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now let's look at these "lies." We'll do it using text because videos are useless for critical thinking:

AND Elinin is only .117 au from earth on mar 11,2011. From march 8 to mar 15, 2011, what are the chances that Elinin either impacts us, or gets close enough to cause a major catastrophy.

You're right, that's laden with misinformation. That was the questioner.

It was discovered with a robotic telescope in New Mexico on 10 December 2010 by Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin. When comets or asteroids are first discovered, their orbits are quite uncertain; usually it takes several months of observations to firmly establish the orbit.

According to the IAU Database that would appear to be correct:

CK10X010 C/2010 X1 Elenin

Elenin's perihelion (closest to the Sun) is in early September 2011 at a distance from the Sun of 40-45 million miles. It will be closest to Earth on about 16 October, at a distance of about 21 million miles, which is nearly a hundred times farther than the Moon. The comet never comes close to the Earth, but it is expected to be visible in binoculars during August and October.

Do you have any information to the contrary?

Comets are exceedingly small and enveloped in a tenuous cloud of gas and dust, so the only way to be sure of their actual dimensions is to visit with a spacecraft. Half a dozen comets have been the target of spacecraft missions, and all of them (even Comet Halley) are less than 10 km in diameter. There is no reason to think Elenin is any different.

This is what they look like from inside the gaseous coma. The nucleus is just a few kilometers wide. Elenin may even be smaller, as it seems to be rather dim.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b42634d4e093.jpg[/atsimg]

This means its mass is less than one billionth the mass of the Earth. Needless to say, we will not be aware of the tiny gravitational pull from Elenin.

We know that it has little mass, because otherwise it would be incredibly dense and be affecting other bodies' orbits.

In spite of these simple facts, some websites (such as godlikeproductions) are making wild claims that Elenin will hit the Earth, or disturb our orbit, or cause tides, or interact with our magnetic field.

Absolute solid fact.

One of the worst examples is a video that someone posted on the NASAbuzzroom website that claims that the magnetic field of the comet will cause a large shift in the rotation axis of the Earth and produce mega-earthquakes on March 15, 2011.

Another solid fact. Here is that video:

This is where March 15th came from.Note she implies that it will be a world wide disaster. Japan was localized and four days early. (Incidentally, despite what she says the comet is not visible to the naked eye yet.)

It is hard to imagine anyone would take this seriously.

Unfortunately, he is wrong about that.

Comets don't have magnetic fields, and magnetic fields can't change the rotation axis or cause earthquakes no matter how large they are.

This is also correct, unless you have some information to the contrary that doesn't come from a hippie chick who plays charades with angels.

Adding to the craziness is a claim that this same comet caused the Earth's axis to shift by 3 degrees in February 2010 and caused the Chile Earthquake. These are simply lies; the comet was far away a year ago, and there was no change whatever in Earth's rotation axis.

Actually, they were both wrong, but Morrison was much closer to the truth than 9nania:

Gross also estimates that the Chile earthquake shifted Earth's figure axis by about three inches (eight centimeters).

National Geographic
edit on 12-5-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bauwser
Orrr, the mayans are not a year off, but we are a year of with our so called calculations, cause i have read about 21-12-2012 as end date but also 28-10-2011 as end date.. So maybe this is it, time will tell, we will see.

True. the dates just around the corner, well both dates really. feel stupid trying to warn people though, look at you like your nuts haha, if its effects are unsurvivable no point telling anyone really, no point even gathering supplies and things

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Very nice information DJW001 really appreciated, as you can tell i'm a little less informed about astrophysics and what not, i know the basics and bits and bobs there after, so really appreciate information such as yours, keep up the good work.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
All before the 11th I heard it was march 15th and then it happened on the 11th and people are like see I told you so. So I'm not saying I believe NASA or anything because it makes sense why they'd cover it up but did you guys ever think maybe it's nothing t do with Elenin? Elenin is supposed to be Nibiru or at least that's what I've read. Nibiru in legen is supposed to come around every 3600 years or whatever. So I ask you this when the Elenin/Nibiru is closest to Earth with the current data we have now (hefty quakes) how is the planet supposed to survive? It apparently survived many other encounters with this mysterious rock so why is now any different than before? That's the problem I have with these doomsday scenarios. Something isn't adding up. So I believe yeah maybe there's an object coming close but it's not anything to be extremely worried about because it's happened before and the planet's fine so it'll be fine this time. Sure some quakes are gonna rumble and volcanoes blow the hell up but it's not gonna be bad enough to rip the planet apart. How are y'all gonna feel if all this is wrong? Never believe in a THEORY 100%. Pick it apart and think of every little detail past present and future before making a judgment call

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The BIG problem is not Comet Elenin.

The BIG problem is its TAIL....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I noticed an uncatogorized event in Virginia on the Emergency and Disaster Map www.stumbleupon.com...

I searched the the EDIS Number UEV-20110512-30699-USA for this event on google and found this- criticalbelievers.proboards.com...

'"It's most consistent with a meteor coming into the Earth's atmosphere and creating a large sonic boom," said NASA scientist Dr. Joe Zawodny.'

Thought I would share..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Wow okay, so a place right on the ring of fire, which is very prone to earthquakes and has many all the time, has an earthquake between two certain dates, and that means NASA is lying?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join