It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain government tortures schoolgirls as young as 12 while destroying 4000 years old cemeteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
And this is our ``ally``... and the western MSM stays silent about this. This is totally disgusting.

While Bahrain demolishes mosques, U.S. stays silent

In the ancient Bahraini village of Aali, where some graves date to 2000 B.C., the Amir Mohammed Braighi mosque had stood for more than 400 years — one of the handsomest Shiite Muslim mosques in this small island nation in the Persian Gulf.

Today, only bulldozer tracks remain.

You might not like muslims, but destroying 4000 years old cemeteries and 400 years old mosques are crimes against humanity. They are part of humanity's history, like the pyramids.

And now the torture of the schoolgirls :
Schoolgirls 'beaten' in Bahrain raids

Secret filming conducted by Al Jazeera has revealed shocking evidence of the brutal crackdown against pro-democracy protesters in the Gulf state of Bahrain.

An undercover investigation conducted by Al Jazeera's correspondent, Charles Stratford, has unearthed evidence that Bahraini police carried out periodic raids on girls' schools since the unrest began.

In an interview "Heba", a 16-year-old schoolgirl, alleges she, along with three of her school friends, were taken away by the police from their school and subjected to severe beatings while in custody for three consecutive days.

"He hit me on the head, I started bleeding. I fell down, he told them [guards] to keep me in the rest-room," she said during the secretly filmed interview.

"He [the officer] hit and banged me against the wall to scream. Since we did not cry out or scream, we were beaten more and more, stronger and stronger.

"Beating was severe, but being afraid of what comes next, we were senseless to the pain."

According to the mainly Shia opposition Al Wefaq party, police have raided up to 15 mainly girls schools, detaining, beating and threatening to rape girls as young as 12.

A Bahrain human rights group says at least 70 teachers have also been detained. Meanwhile the media clampdown continues.

What have those girls done? They are no threat to the regime!

And of course they deny everything :
Bahrain denies abuse of schoolgirls

I'm not calling for US intervention, but Bahrain is supposed to be our ally! Hell, our supposed ``friend`` doing this kind of crap... this ain't a friend, it's a tyranny. We need to tell them to stop all this BS and do real reform or LEAVE POWER RIGHT NOW... or we'll cut all links we have to them and even put sanctions on the leaders and seize their bank accounts.

But yeah I know the allies of Bahrain will never do that... the US for military bases reasons... and because of the supposed ``Iran threat``... And even if the US were to leave the entire area, it would end up a showdown between Saudi Arabia-Bahrain VS Iran and if the US wouldn't be in the picture, Iran would have probably already moved by now and we would have had war between those countries, and oil would have skyrocketed, crashing all our economies.

So either way, the people of Bahrain are getting shafted. Still. Not even saying a word about those atrocities is disgusting. When Syria/Iran does it, it's bad... but when Bahrain does it, not one word about it in the MSM.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
this is disgusting, how can we on one hand go into libya and liberate them and then turn a blind eye to this.

we live in such a hypocracy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
double post
edit on 12-5-2011 by originunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
"He hit me on the head, I started bleeding. I fell down, he told them [guards] to keep me in the rest-room," she said during the secretly filmed interview.

"He [the officer] hit and banged me against the wall to scream. Since we did not cry out or scream, we were beaten more and more, stronger and stronger.

"Beating was severe, but being afraid of what comes next, we were senseless to the pain."

That coming from a young girl got to me

shes basically saying the pain is nothing to being dead.
sad sad world

edit on 12-5-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Dont do them selfs any favours this kinda stuff will just cause more trouble

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Butter

I'm not calling for US intervention, but Bahrain is supposed to be our ally!

That is why Obama administration is tight lipped about it & it is hardly in any media.

America/Nato screams blue murder about Libya because they are not an ally or willing to bend over so they get invaded/sanctions.

America/Nato does not scream blue murder about Bahrain because they are an ally & are willing to bend over so they do not get invaded/sanctions.

The historical destruction is a great loss for history.

Schoolgirl beatings sickens me.
edit on 12-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join