It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
"facility develops purified viral antigens, monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins."
The facility was expanded in August 2009 and prepared to perform projects based on mammalian and insect cell culture along with virus production in eggs. Several phase I clinical vaccine development campaigns are performed in this facility.
Production The facility develops more than 75 products including purified viral antigens, monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins. It also undertakes production and distribution of critical immunoassay reagents used by researchers, and diagnostic and biopharmaceutical companies.
* Erythropoietin - Treatment of anaemia
* Interferon-α - Treatment of leukaemia
* Interferon-β - Treatment of multiple sclerosis
* Monoclonal antibody - Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
* Colony stimulating factors - Treatment of neutropenia
* Glucocerebrosidase - Treatment of Gaucher's disease
The first such substance approved for therapeutic use was biosynthetic 'human' insulin made via recombinant DNA technology. Source