It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had miraculous escape or experienced a timeslip ?.... There could be a link , but I need your h

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Some quotes by Einstein on this subject matter:
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
"Nature hides her secret because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse"
"I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?"
"A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move toward higher levels."
"A new idea comes suddenly and in a rather intuitive way. But intuition is nothing but the outcome of earlier intellectual experience."
"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
"The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when contemplating the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of the mystery every day. The important thing is not to stop questioning; never lose a holy curiosity."
"Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I do not doubt that the lion belongs to it even though he cannot at once reveal himself because of his enormous size."
"There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there. All great discoveries have involved such a leap."
"Our situation on this earth seems strange. Every one of us appears here involuntarily and uninvited for a short stay, without knowing the whys and the wherefore."
"The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the mysterious. It is the underlying principle of religion as well as all serious endeavor in art and science. He who never had this experience seems to me, if not dead, then at least blind. To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is a something that our mind cannot grasp and whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly and as a feeble reflection, this is religiousness."
"Why is it that nobody understands me and everybody likes me?"
-Albert Einstein

"God Dam! We just had a near-life experience, fellas." -Tyler Durden
edit on 12-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I get where people are going with this thread. If you die, you swap universes and continue living, but the universe you were a part of keeps changing.

This makes sense because we are multidimensional beings.

One thing I have to ask about this theory is:

What about dying of old age?

If we never die and it seems we never get younger in these experiences then what happens when we die of old age?

Also this seems to insist that if my friend "Joe" dies in my universe then he is alive in another. That I can accept, but to think that when "Joe" dies at 99, then he just keeps skipping from universe to universe until when?

Wouldn't the timeslip phenom be very prevalent in older folks if this was the case as they would be constantly slipping to avoid death from Heart Attack #1 to Stroke #2...etc.

It is all very facinating, but I think what I listed above kinda shoots holes in the validity of something like this happening.

Do I make sense?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sounds crazy even to me, but up until the age of about 7, behind my parents backs I would launch myself down the full flight of stairs - 12 of them and pretty steep to me even now. I'd fall in slow motion, totally matrixy until I hit the floor of the hallway - perfect landing with a mahoosive THUD. They never caught me doing it, just went mental over the noise I made when I landed.

When I was 5 we lived at the bottom of a steep street. I had this awesome trike, all pink with ribbons on the handles. I was the queen of speed. But out of the blue one sunday afternoon I seemed to have this weird vertigo attack while sitting still on the pavement at the top if the hill. I fell off my trike and god knows how but I ended up in the middle of the road. Below me I saw this car turn up towards me & I actually froze in fear, it was almost like something was holding me there. Obviously being so little I now realise I could have looked like some doll or something until the car was upon me, but within seconds of it reaching me time seemed to slow down almost to a grinding halt and I managed to roll back into the gutter panicked....I never got on that trike again & I still get vertigo...

I used to live in a flat above a shop. Before the days of EVERYONE having a mobile phone & with no landline to hand the nearest phone I could use was across the usually busy duel carrageway. It was a bank holiday Monday, some 4 weeks after my second child was born. We adults fancied a pizza so I tripped out to order it.
Standing at the curb literally under my flats window there wasn't a car in sight on that road. My hearings always pretty keen & growing up with the green cross code man, plus the weird childhood road experience I was always weary of roads. Heard nothing though.
Just as I crossed into the middle of the first lane this black BMW flew out from nowhere, must have been going 90, taking advantage of having a long straight duel carriageway to himself. In the split second of an outsiders perception I'd managed to work out different trajectories of where I would fall when it hit me, and I KNEW there was no way of getting out of it hitting me. LAST thing I wanted was to hit it, end up in the other lane, cos I reasoned, knowing MY luck I'd get hit again by some bloody lorry and squished. I deliberately positioned myself so as to glance the side of his front wing and he hit me. Bouncing off perfectly I sailed through the air. Even laugh to this day at seeing my reflection sail through the air in the huge bedshop window nextdoor but one to my flat. I landed safely in the gutter, managing to protect my head from nutting the road. You've never seen anyone stand up so quick in yer life. I brushed myself off and apart from a small elbow bruise, grazed ankle & being shocked I was unscathed.
The guy who hit me was going so fast that when he did eventually stop he was way in the distance. He reversed and as I was about to hurl a load of abuse I noticed his car wing. He'd hit a woman 8 stone wet through and the dent looked like he'd hit an elephant, but I didn't even get a mark on the thigh that made it.

I made him ring me my pizza.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Maybe that's where the theory of "living for eternity in the afterlife" comes from. I totally see your point though.

link   
This is a good video about the 10 dimensions that will help you visualize what may be occuring with these time slips.
www.youtube.com...
Basically there's many an infinite number of universes or realities. I've been thinking that after you "die", you(read soul or spirit) switch to the closest reality, and the closer a reality is to another reality, the more similar these realities are to each other. That's why things are pretty much the same, yet have slight differences. Then when you truly "die," you're reincarnated in a completely different "body."

I think there's a built in mechanism that stops people from killing themselves indefinitely. Basically if you keep trying to kill yourself, you'll forget all about this theory in the next reality. Say someone reads the theory, and tries to off themselves. When they wake up in the nearest reality, they'll forget about reading this in the first place, so they don't try to kill themselves again. Of course they can be reminded about the theory later in life, but I'm thinking they won't believe it. Do not attempt this! There will still be some reality where your friends and families have to suffer because of your death.

The more i think about it, the more near-death experiences I can think of. I can think of 5 now.

link   
Hard to explain these incidents, but because it's happened to me I cannot deny that they do happen.

Perhaps the atoms of our body somehow replicate and separate during a trauma resulting in death or injury and slip into a parallel reality.

I've had a number of paranormal experiences of many different kinds, but pertinent to this discussion, one stands out: When I was a teenager and just learning how to ride a motorcycle, I had difficulties remembering how to brake and accelerate when under pressure. I was riding a dirtbike and found myself quickly approaching two trees that were very close together, with lots of little branches full of leaves intermingling between them. I was maybe 20 feet from the trees and I didn't have time to steer away - I knew I was going to go right through the mess of branches. I actually accelerated, braced myself for the accident, and squeezed my eyes shut as I went through the trees to protect my eyes. I knew I was going to be badly scratched up and probably bleeding, but I figured it wasn't going to be deadly...

But I came out on the other side and it was like a plane rising up out of the clouds into the clear blue - like crossing a boundary into another world (dimension?). Instantly I knew something very odd - inexplicable actually - had happened. I hadn't been scratched at all. It was as though some unseen power had parted the branches just as I went through, though my eyes were closed so I didn't "see" this happen. I was in shorts and a tank top, but I had not a single scratch on me. I went back and examined the branches and there is NO way I could have gone through them without being injured - yet I had gone directly between the two trees, and the branches weren't damaged or snapped or anything, nor was I.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

How amazing and absolutely delightful to read your "Brit" - what a wonderful day you've given this American.
Cheers!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

a friend of mine had a layover of 2 days in hong kong and he swears that when he was in the subway the time read 4:something PM, somtime after 4, can't remember, and then when he arrived at his hotel room it was 3pm on the dot by the hotel clock and his watch as well. he said he remembered seeing the time on the clocks in the station and looking at his watch also. he's convinced it was some kind of a timeslip. i believe him

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh HELL! Remembered another one....will post tomorrow when I have more time. Excuse the pun.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Alright I will bite.

I was in a very serious accident. My vehicle went UNDER a truck and stopped with the windshield at his bumper so I was only a few feet from decapitation. (Held upright by seatbelt)

I drove the road all the time. (six times a week) There was a very pretty white mansion I always liked to look at when I drove that road. It is not their any more. - Faulty memory???

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am in the same boat with the people who seem to age slowly and look much younger than they actually are. I am 26 now and when I meet people and they ask how old I am they can't believe I am 26. Like the other poster above said I just avoid telling people how old I am because it is kind of embarrassing to be 26 and look like I'm 18. It kind of sucks now but I just think how nice it will be to look young at 40 when all my friends look their age if not older.

As for time slips and weird events I have a couple stories.

One day I was going to visit my brother and his wife who live about 30 minutes from me. I hopped on the highway and was cruising like any other day except it was raining. I was going about 65 to 70 miles and hour and came upon a part of the road that went up a hill so I could not see what was on the other side. As I reached the top of the hill cars were at a complete standstill in 2 of the 4 lanes and I was in the far right lane. I had about 60 yards to come to a complete stop on a slick wet road which was not going to happen and there were cars all around me to my left so I was pretty much screwed and facing a high speed crash.
I can't explain what happened but it seemed like something took over control of the wheel of the car ( I know sounds strange) and the cars around me seemed to open up perfectly for me to swerve across 3 lanes to avoid crashing. My heart was pumping and I was in shock at what just happened but I just thought I was really lucky or that I had someone looking out for me. I didn't tell my brother or his wife what had happened and have never really told anyone that story but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I also had an incident that happened a couple of weeks ago that is not very exciting but I can't understand what happened.

I was in my bed sleeping and I suddenly woke up to a crackling noise like the sound when you crumble up a bag of chips. It was loud and sounded like it was coming from my closet which was open but there was nothing in their other than clothes so I don't know what could have made the sound. The weird thing is that as this was happening I looked up at my clock and it said it was 5am and the noise stopped about 30 seconds later. Then as I was lying there trying to figure out what the noise was with my eyes closed It started again but this time when I opened my eyes the clock read 6:15 not something like 5:03. I know it sounds stupid but I know I did not doze off again because I had my eyes closed but was consciously thinking the entire time. I can't explain where the time went so pretty confused to say the least.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I remembered another time slip.. I was at my friends house, and I looked at the clock. I forgot what time it read, but maybe 10 minutes later I looked at the clock again, and it was 20 minutes earlier than what the time had said before. I looked at the same clock too. I just assumed I misread it the first time, but I dunno anymore.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I can think of three off the top of my head. The one that strikes me as the most amazing is when I was 16:

I was in the woods near Fossil Creek Park playing war games with some of my friends from ROTC. It was raining, and had been for the last few days. While trying to flank one of the others, I lost my footing and went into the water. The rain runoff made the depth about 10 feet higher than usual, and moving very swiftly. People drowned here all the time.

The current was exceptionally strong, and even though I am a good swimmer, i couldn't get to the side for a hand hold. I managed to turn facing the direction I was moving, treading water until a fallen tree limb that traversed the river (but submerged) struck me in the lower abdomen, bending me in half over it. The current was keeping me bent, as about 2-3 feet of swift water was going over me, and 4 or so feet moving beneath me. I remember thinking "If I can't get out of this,I'm going to drown" and trying unsuccessfully to straighten out against the current, but couldn't quite make it. Now, because of the flash flooding and the bizarre manner in which i struck the limb, there was a small air pocket created on the other side of the limb, between my kneecaps and my chest. i managed a few inhales, one great push, and then I was free.

I don't really remember exactly how it happened, but here I am. I have always felt like I should have died that day.

All the others involved surreal experiences with automobiles, starting when I was three. Driving with my mom, hit ice on the road, and spun wildly doing 360 after 360 in between other cars and finally coming to a stop, completely safe. I know I was too young to remember that, but i can recall the events very well.

I Had a similar occurrence driving alone down a city road near rush hour, when it had just begun to rain and the roads were slick. Too much gas, car went out of control spinning, weaving around and in between about 5 other cars (into oncoming traffic) and spun right around to the original direction and continued like nothing had happened. I remember at least two of the other drivers faces were white, jaw dropped and in utter amazement that we had not touched, scraped or even missed a beat.

The wildly "out of control, recover, and continue on without a beat" formula has happened quite a few times, and I have wondered how it could have been possible many times.

As a side note, but still relevant to this thread, My baby brother died 26 hours after birth with a malformed heart valve. Seven Years later, My sister was born, and told us just after she had learned to speak that she had been here before, as my brother, but something had happened and the "blue angel" told her she had to come back later. She died 5 years ago when she was 19, in an accident with a detached aorta.

Funny old world, isn't it?

I am very interested in this topic though, it seems to run close to home.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Not really epic, but one of my friends recntly got a new Tahoe and I could have sworn it was blue, but it is now black? I'm starting to see weird stuff like this.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
interesting. Maybe yhis is the reason for meeting someone or seeing someone, and thinking you know them from somewhere?
Idk if this qualifies, around 12/13, a group of guys trippin on acid, came to our house, they were going to shoot whoever answered the door, which would have been me, but some guy pulled in our driveway at the last sec and they ran to his truck, just as I opened the front door, and killed him instead. His obit came out the next couple of days. His birthday was the same day as mine!

My sister can remember everything. But I argue she is wrong. Whos memory is correct? Lol
I saved her from falling out of a 8 story windoe when sh was a babe. (germany, low windows?)
I almost drowned around 7?

There are more. But heres something weird/odd.

Im sure I should of died from20 yrs-23, drugs, domestic abuse. Before this, I gave 3 children up for adoption. Without making a long story longer
my name was ran a few yrs &go, for private reasons.. Came back I gave 3 kids up and a 4th seperate/after them... I have absolutley NO IDEA where this 4th kid comes from. Im scared im gonna have to ask some kid looking for the birthmom, for a dna, lol, poor kid.

Also, australia, I saw a globe the other day, it showed aus as some sort of island or land mass by itself (i suck at geography) anywho, I specifically remember it attached to south america. But I got my ged at 16, so who knows. I also thought billy grahm was deceased...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
I am in the same boat with the people who seem to age slowly and look much younger than they actually are. I am 26 now and when I meet people and they ask how old I am they can't believe I am 26. Like the other poster above said I just avoid telling people how old I am because it is kind of embarrassing to be 26 and look like I'm 18. It kind of sucks now but I just think how nice it will be to look young at 40 when all my friends look their age if not older.

Yep! I'm almost 27 and people make dumb remarks about how I must have had my kids at 12 because I don't look a day older than 20. I get hit on by a lot of teenage boys as well. LOL! It will be beneficial someday, but until then, it's really annoying. But yeah... no wrinkles. No frown or laugh lines. A friend of mine recently got botox and others are complaining about crows feet and what not. Very odd! I never thought much of it (just good genes) until it seems like there is going to be a common theme going on here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here is a question, may or may not be related.
Did any of you "play" your future out as a kid?
Example- I used to play that I lost kids some way or another, and that I would raise 5 kids. I have 4 now (not counting the 3 mentioned earlier) and may be another child coming to our home soon.

Just a couple examples, there are more. My sister would cry, because I played so sad, lol

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I forgot to post my close calls.

I've only had a few. To start I almost drowned while in Mexico and was thinkin i am fine with dying and then washed up on shore. Another time I was being an idiot and driving about 75 on a gravel road. There was a line of small holes filled with water and when I drrove over them it ripped the sterring wheel out of my hand and my tahoe went on 2 wheels. I have no idea how it didnt roll? I have some others but cant recall them right now.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not posted many times on ATS, so bare with me - I've had a couple of incidents like this.

One day I was having my lunch break; I was sat in my car in a lay-by on the side of the road leading from a place I'd just visited with work. I got a call on my mobile phone to say that I had to go back to the site I'd just come from (for some reason I can't remember) so I was pulling out of the lay-by and turning right (UK - driving on the left) on to a single carriageway road. A van stopped to let me out so I was turning right in front to the van and just as I passed the van and made the right turn on to the road, another car flashed passed between my car and the van (having presumably tried to over take the van) - there is absolutely no way that three vehicles could stand three abreast on that road without hitting each other - yet we all passed each other without incident. I can't understand why I was not hit head on or broadsided by the other car.

Another incident - although not a near disaster - happened when I was waiting a supermarket car park for my wife. I was sat in the car, there was a parking space in front of me and a BMW parked to the side of that space. I saw a car pull in to that space and I remember thinking "oh, that car pulling in to the space is the same colour as my dad's car" a rather nice metallic burgundy red - just as I was thinking this the car pulling in hit the door of the BMW very hard and badly damaged it. The driver realised what they had done and pulled away and drove off. I took the registration number, with the intention of giving it to the BMW driver. Said driver returned and I gave her the number and described the car and the colour. Another person had also seen the incident and gave the registration number (same) but said that the car was not red - but it was blue. I knew it was red, but the damage to the BMW was indeed definitely blue... Don't understand this and I've never had any problems with recognising colours and such.

Karl

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Brilliant OP.

1. I have experience at least one totally miraculous escape. (I won't write about it though) Just know that I believe I have experienced this.
2. I have a particular book that has passages that seems to change every year. Most of the book remains constant but other parts don't. I was actually considering talking to someone about it that has the same book.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join