It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had miraculous escape or experienced a timeslip ?.... There could be a link , but I need your h

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Very interesting OP! I can only think of a couple such occurrences myself.

1)- When I was very young, around 6 or 7, I remember playing with some toy cars and trucks in a lightly forested area just outside of the community I was living in, a little into the treeline. I was with my sister and her best friend, both approximately the same age as me.
I remember looking up and seeing a group of men with chainsaws cutting down some trees about a hundred feet from where we were. I recall distinctly that there were no houses in the area- the place where I lived was at the furthest end of the town, and beyond that was about a kilometer's worth of forest before the highway. Nowadays, the entire area I remember as being forested is a huge community of large houses with a playground, soccer field, and baseball diamond.
I remember asking my dad about 2 years ago, how long ago the area had been cleared and built into a community. He told me it had been that way for more than 20 years. I asked my mom and neighbor also, and they, too, told me it had been that way since before I was born. When I asked my sister, she also remembered playing in the area without any houses or buildings. Very strange, indeed.

2)- Last summer, I went on a fishing trip with my dad and my little brother. He's now 15. We brought our quad (a Honda 350) with us in the pickup, as we both love riding along the highway for a bit while our dad fishes.
After fishing for a while, and returning to shore to eat our bagged sandwiches for lunch, my dad pushed off shore and motored off in the canoe, and my brother and I hopped on the quad and rode along a few trails in the woods near the lake. I remember we had stopped to put on our hoodies as it was chilly when we were riding fast, and my brother checked his watch so we knew when to return to the lake to check in with our dad. It was around 3 o'clock, and we were told to come back in a couple of hours.
After riding for a few more minutes, we came to a large, steep dirt hill, about 120 feet from top to bottom. We decided to gun it up the hill, but just before reaching the top, we lost momentum and the quad began to slowly back up. My brother panicked and jumped quickly off the quad, but I held on and tried to brake. Unfortunately, the hill was too steep and the back tires of the quad gripped the hill, and the quad flipped backward and started to roll down the hill. I remember the quad rolling over me once before I managed to get off. The quad rolled all the way down the hill and my brother and I ran down to see how badly it was damaged.
We flipped it back up to find that it had absolutely no damage to it- no chipped paint, no bent handlebars, and no leaking fluids. Incredibly strange. We had flipped the same quad twice the summer before, on level, grassy ground. That time, it had a horribly bent handlebar, tons of scratches, and had fluids leaking out of it.
My brother asked me if I was okay- I was surprised to find that I was. Despite having a 500 pound vehicle flip backwards onto, and roll once, over me, I hadn't even the slightest scratch on me. Not even any dirt on my jeans or hoodie.
We returned immediately to the lake, where we found our dad taking a nap in the truck. We told him what had happened, and he didn't believe us judging by the condition of the quad. We asked him if he had caught any fish, but he told us he had been napping ever since we left. He said he never even went back out on the water since we left, and that he was waiting for us to get back so we could return home. It was now about 6 o'clock. My brother and I were dumbfounded.
The ride to the hill took us only around 20 minutes since we had left the lake, and the same time to return after the quad flipped. We spent about 5 minutes calming down and checking the quad before we left the hill. We were gone for less than an hour, yet when we got back, more than 3 hours had passed. Neither me or my brother could explain how it had taken so long, or how we could have seen our dad launch from shore before we had left.
We still get creeped out talking about it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I remember Billy Graham dying shortly after his wife. I remember owning a pink towel that I would always use to dry my feet after soaking them in epsom salt, but one day it was light blue and no one remembers ever seeing the pink one. Once I put away a gallon of milk. People saw me do it. Then just a few seconds later we were amazed to see the milk sitting right where it had been before I put it away. There were only two other people present, and they are people I trust absolutely. They swear they didn't take it out or play a prank on me. They're as baffled and disconcerted by it as I am.

There are potential mundane explanations for all of these. False memories (memory can be notoriously unreliable according to studies I've read in the past.) Absent-mindedness. Etc. But this is my memory of events all the same, so I'm sharing them.

I've never had a close brush with death as far as I know. I've had a lot of health issues over the years, but was never anywhere close to death that I'm aware of.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I will tell a story and say this is plausible.

This happened about 4months or so ago. I do not smoke pot I have 2 times in my life time. I was at a party drinking. They were smoking some pot and I said screw it I will take some. So I smoked some. I went into the bathroom went to the bathroom. When I came out I felt very high. I went out for a smoke and smoked. My buddy came out and I told him I needed to go home. For some reason I started to get it in my head that I was laying on the bathroom floor dying.

So I called my father to come give me a ride to my house. I waited outside for him for what seamed like an hour or 2. He says I only waited like 5-10minutes.

So I get in his vehicle and the first thing I hear him say is "wake up (my name)". I said what did you just say. He said "Are you okay" I said no I am freaking out. I said I need to go to the hospital now. Take me to the ER. He said no you dont need to go to the ER. I said why not. I thought he then said "You needed to die at home" what he says he said is "Im taking you home".

So I started freaking out more and he took me to the ER. I started to walk in and someone must have seen me all messed up. So I go into the ER for some reason no one is at the front desk so I walked down a hall. I looked down the hall it was empty. I turned around to go outside to go get my dad to help me find someone. When I got outside the police were outside waiting. I freaked out and started to run toward my house(I live like 5 blocks from the med center). They chased me and tackled me. This is all I could hear the officers ask. "Tell me your name." "What is your time of death" I said I am not dead. Then the lady repeated "What is your time of death". I said again "I am not dead" She then said "No your not whats your date of birth" I calmed down a little and they finally took me into the ER. I was fine till they told me they needed to give me a shot to put me to sleep. My dad was there and I yelled at him "Just wake me up dad I am still on the floor in the bathroom. Please wake me up" He said "Your not sleeping Travis" I said "If you put me to sleep now I will never wake up. Please wake me up." The lady said she was giving me the shot and gave it to me. The last thing I said to my dad was "Please take care of my daughter I know I wont wake up".

Needless to say I did wake up and am fine and will never smoke weed ever again, but you do got me thinking what if I did die on that floor in a different time line. Maybe both my timelines were bleeding together because of the halucinations. Now Im mind boggled.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't clearly remember everything that I thought was different anymore. I thought at one time maybe I was a little bit crazy remembering things that did not happen or not as I remembered. Now with me suddenly falling asleep and waking up in the evening or at night, it makes me a bit more nervous to drive at night without a lot of sleep. The other night I was driving home and suddenly had no memory of driving for the last several miles and was suddenly closer to home. For some reason I have been nervous about telling anyone and this is the first time I posted anything about it. Maybe I just fell asleep and drove for several miles. I know I don't want the experience to repeat. There have been times when I've talked about things that did not happen yet but my memory just seems confused. I just keep telling myself, I need to get more sleep and not travel anywhere at night unless I've slept a lot.

The other scary thought I had was that maybe many of us did die and we ended up here in purgatory but we don't even realize it and we are working and going about our lives for years on end without even realizing we're already dead. We could get our memories erased and repeat decades of life over and over again and may never realize it except for little strange things that make us think we're crazy. Of course if this was not true and possibly someone was altering the timeline, then maybe some of us are having lingering memories from the timeline we were in. The other possibility that people could do some random quantum shifting of consciousness with themselves in slightly different alternate realities might be an interesting concept that would be difficult to prove one way or another.

I just remembered something that made me think about an alternate reality. I vaguely remember a dream or something where I had one particular boss that I never recalled seeing before in this reality. The other day I swear I saw him interviewing. He did not get the job. I felt relieved someone else got it. Of course all of this sounds like crazy talk for those who never experienced it. I've experienced everything moving in slow motion a few times while perfectly awake but I could move and think fast. That was pretty neat. My understanding of those experiences is that nothing else is different except my perception of reality. At those times, I can move through this reality a lot faster than everyone else.
edit on 13/5/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Over time the fear of the unknown has intrigued people. The fear of the unknown, or "what happens after death" in this case, is the basis for almost all religions, and now, by the way things look, new beliefs are spawning which conform to a more scientific perspective. Namely such theories as Multiverse, Alternate dimensions and one radical movement currently be followed which refers to a "5th Dimension" (the belief that we are at some point in the future, going to make a transition into a higher conscience). One key aspect of this so-called new dimension is that death does not exist or, immortality. Removing the need for a "what happens after?" and replacing it with "it never happens if you believe in this". These theories appeal to a majority of the world as a majority of the world are susceptible to anything that offers an explanation of death beyond what the scientific and medical professionals can offer.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Great thread OP. Forgive me if this has been asked....I only was able to read five pages. But what happens when you are 95 and die of old age? Do you wake up in a different dimension the same age, stuck at a permanent age for eternity?

Your theory makes sense if you die prematurely, but makes no sense if you simply die of old age.

Thats what keeps me from accepting this theory.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Maybe that is what keeps the premature deaths and coming back happening. So you can die at the age you are suppose to die in the "plan" of things? Just a thought.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow that was a great story. I really need to be writing an essay right now but I just read that whole thing, couldn't stop.

It also reminds me of Nathaniel Hawthorne's May-Pole of Merry Mount.

And the garden of eden and so many other things.

Like we are the snake, you know? We choose to create the temptation, we want the temptation. I mean don't you feel like a paradise full of love and harmony might be awfully boring? In order to live in paradise we need to literally release ourselves. I mean I guess it is pretty hard to put into words what I mean but yea you should look at some of Hawthorne's stuff.
www.ibiblio.org...

thanks for the good read

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by amongus

Maybe that is what keeps the premature deaths and coming back happening. So you can die at the age you are suppose to die in the "plan" of things? Just a thought.

Never thought of that! Great point.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Australia switching place on the map with New Zealand

I joke

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

wow, when i heard billy graham went to the hospital with respiratory problems i made the statement: "i thought he died years ago?" then, i said: "maybe it was his wife." another similar incident occurred some time ago and i cannot remember the name of the celebrity but i do recall making the same statement: "i thought he died years ago?"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Here are my 3 profound thoughts on the subject:

1.) I think these time slips related to famous people dying could be shoddy news - many celebrities have spoken of hearing/reading their premature obits, and new organizations write obits ahead of time...i do remember hearing billy graham died tho...

2.) The Rapture/Revelations - the dead shall rise?

3.) Technology and it's health effects - recently read a study about researchers putting a cell phone in a bee hive and them freaking/dying...could some of this tech be causing brain/memory issues?

starred and flagged!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I've had many "miraculous" escapes. Seems I have a committee watching over me to ensure that I don't suffer harm this time around.

One such experience that stands out occurred in the mid 1980s. I was driving down a one-way street heading north in south Eugene, Oregon, driving an old but sound 1960s chevy pick--up. Girlfirend in the passenger seat. Doing about 30 MPH on a dark rainy evening. 30 feet before the next intersection my foot backed off the gas pedal and slowed us down to just over 20 MPH. As we entered the intersection a car ran the stop sign from the right and passed just inches in front of our truck without making contact. Had I not backed off the gas pedal it would have broadsided us and likley severely injured or killed my good friend in the passenger seat. We both realized what had just happened and how it amazing it was that my foot, at that momemnt, without thought, eased up on the gas. Coincidence? Maybe but not likely. Today she's happily married with two children and is a respected and widely published poet.
edit on 5/13/2011 by dubiousone because: Spell check.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
OP - your theory that we never actually die, at least from our own point of view, resounded enormously with me.

I have on several occasions had the thought that when we die, we continue in our own (or new) reality unaware, whilst those left in the previous reality experience and observe our death and the aftermath. I don't really know why that theory seems to hold so much truth but it just feels right.

In some ways it's quite depressing to think that my loved ones may be left behind in another reality mourning my death and that my loved ones in this reality are not the same souls who I knew before some sort of death or time slip event.

As for time slips... all I can think of right now is that I was certain that the English TV actor David Jason died several years ago. But, apparently not!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I just had that same thought well reading through all this. If I did die in my story I posted I feel bad for my father that is in that reality having to see me dying on the floor of a bathroom.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Great Thread!

I'have been wondering lately about this: Am I dead without knowing? (makes me think of the movie 6th sense).

First time i've had this feeling was about 20 years ago, when a friend told he had gone to a funeral of somebody I knew very well as well, when he described the deceased one it was a discription of me (even with the same name)! I really could not think of anyone else I knew who fitted that disciption.

The second time is when I had a "midlife crises" and came out a totally different person.

Problem is that we will never know for sure I guess!

Cheers!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I've had this happen, but always during instances of extreme duress. Close calls. So I think it is possible that it is a defense mechanism of our brains as well.

Survival mode.
As for the celebrity deaths, I think that is just because of the internet spreading disinfo so quickly.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is an amazing theory OP! I was so astounded to a point where I wanted to test it out

I've had a couple narrow escapes and a major time slip out the butt one time.

One narrow escape is from when I was like 10. I took a fork and stuck it inside of a plug. (A little old for that aren't we?) Anyways.. I was on punishment and had nothing better to do and out of boredom I finalized my doom. I stuck it in and by a miracle I didn't get shocked at all. I blew out the electricity but how I know it was a miracle is because, there were two electricians that came by and told my mother that she should thank God because there is no way ANYONE should have survived from that particular plug. I assume something was hazardous with it.

My major time slip was a few years back, I was 17 back then, now I'm 20. I went to school on a regular basis. Like many people in public schools, we wear different clothes each day of the week. It was a Friday that I realized that I had "missed" an entire day of my life. I remembered what I wore Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and of course Friday. I have good memory, and remembered what I did each of those days. I like anime, and my favorite show Bleach aired online every Tuesday and was available for download. I downloaded that on Thursday, when my other show Naruto was available. I don't do that often. I went to my mother and asked her what she did Tuesday. She has bad memory and couldn't remember. I told her that I had "missed" an entire day, she said that happens to everybody. I felt like I was dead for a day, no, like I didn't even exist at all for a day. Crazy this world is...

I was thinking about what you said, "changes" that were different. I remember vaguely movies I watched was slightly different than before. Like, i'll remember something in a movie that I watched before that didn't happen while I watched it THAT time. I never knew why.

Also made me think of significant times you could have shared in a person's life where you would try and remind them and they can't remember. Like they could have told you about it before yet you try your best to remind them of significant event but it fails.. sometimes. Or even vice versa.

Thanks, this is a great thread.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Since everyone is talking about time slips, and celebrity deaths, I will add to this thread. The only instance I can recall off hand of a time slip happened in January of last year. I work nights and usually stay up for a while after I get home. Well this particular night I was watching the news, about to go to sleep, when breaking news interrupts the program, which alerted me and caused me to stay up even longer. Actor Rip Torn dead of unknown causes was the headline. The anchorwoman reported the death, the little headline box had a picture of him with 1931-2010 underneath the picture, and then the woman was talking about his career while waiting for new updates. I fell asleep shortly after seeing that, but a few days later I asked a friend if they had heard Rip Torn had died. They told me they heard he was arrested. So I looked it up online, and sure enough the news was reporting he was arrested on multiple charges, and he was in fact not dead. I've always found it odd, and I'm reminded of it every time I see one of these "Celebrities you though were dead" threads.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hello all,

First, thank you for great post! I have enjoyed reading everyone’s experiences and perceptions. It makes you feel better to know you are not crazy and not alone!

This is my first post. I have been reading ATS for a while and deeply enjoy the wide range of topics discussed here. Threads like this are most intriguing to me because I have experienced so many similar events.

By way of introduction I am a Naturapath, Reflexologist, EMT, Med Tech and teacher. I have been a healer for my entire life…which is a good thing…my family has needed it! We live in the Midwest and would consider ourselves prepers and libertarians.

I have had many near deaths, accidents, illnesses, OBE’s and more. The one experience that has bothered me most is the one I would like to share here. Sorry it is a little long!

In March of ’08 my husband and I decided to take a short road trip. We had found a property in small town about an hour and 15 minutes away from us. Small towns in Kansas are not very populated and there is a lot of farm ground and pasture on the winding roads between them. We often travel the back roads on days like this but on this Sunday morning excursion we took the highways. It was slightly cloudy and looked like a spring shower or two might pop up. We left our house at 11am. Our first stop in the small town was to our favorite BBQ place and we had a slow enjoyable meal.

We then went to the farm property we were interested in purchasing. It was 160 acres, mostly pasture. We spent a good hour or so looking over the house, out buildings and land. Afterwards we drove the back roads for a while until it started to get a little stormy looking with some mild lightening.

Going home we took another route on a small highway that would take us through another small town. The distance between the two towns is about 30 miles. It is a rugged curvy road with big hills, marshland, rolling pastures and farm land. It is (well was!) one of our favorite drives.

The storm had picked up steam and our small little pickup was feeling the breeze. As we approached the severe winding curves just outside of town some happened. We headed into the curve and passed a car. It felt like the pickup was lifted up and thrown down but it was like a flash. My husband got the truck stopped and got out to see what happened. I was shaking from head to toe and my whole right side felt like it had been crushed. My arm and leg were throbbing!

He got back in and said the tire was going flat. We didn’t say a word to each other as we drove into town. Since it was Sunday most things were closed in town. He pulled the truck into a covered area at a closed filling station to change the tire. The spare was flat so he decided we would stop at the Dollar Store and get a can of fix a flat to get us home.

The clock downtown said 4pm by this time. He went into the store and was there forever. I was still shaking so hard and felt very emotional so I waited in the truck. Endless cars came and went and he still didn’t come out. I didn’t have a watch on but after counting 13 cars that came and went from the store I was going to go get him. Just then out he came with the single can of fix a flat. When I asked why it took so long, he said it had only been a few minutes. It had been an eternity for me!

He put the fix a flat in the tire and we drove home. The storm was acting strange by this time and the tops of the trees were whirling and of course being Kansas you watch for these things. We drove out of the storm as we got closer to home.

When we walked into our house…very glad to be home….somehow it was only 2pm! There is no way we could have drove 130 miles, eaten, looked at property, had a leaking tire, stopped at the store and drove home in 3 hours. We checked all the clocks and called a friend to check if that was correct and it was.

Now we were really shook up! I looked at my husband and said, ‘are we dead’? I am sure we were in a wreck. For days I was sure we were dead and even now when more strange things happen (which increased after the accident/incident) I still wonder if this is like LOST and we are going to wake up and find it is time to leave!

That night at 2am I was jolted awake by a loud thud sound. Our bedroom is in the basement. I ran up stairs to the bathroom. When I got to the door I was ‘hit’ by a something and fell on the floor grabbing my stomach. My husband was laying on the floor and had passed out and hit his head on the tile.

The door to the bedroom beside the bathroom was open. Outside the window at tree level was blue pulsing lights. I passed out for some short amount of time and when I woke up my banged up husband was helping me up. He saw the lights too and has no memory of what happened when he passed out.

The next day when he took the tire off to go have it fixed. It was split all the way around the circumference. There was no way it could have or should have held air.

On a side note…

I remember Billy Gram dying. I asked all of my clients yesterday that question to see who remembered what. 50% remembered him dying. Some were adamant about it!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join