It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rossi E-Cat (Cold Fusion Device) More testing and Validation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
More Independent 3rd party testing and the announcement that the E-Cat will be sent to two more universities for independent testing. Also a patent has been granted by Italy. This thing is looking more and more promising as the real game changer!

pesn.com...

Now, Engineer Mats Lewan from the Swedish publication, Ny Teknik, which means "New Technology", published weekly for over 40 years, has released results from two separate tests of the E-Cat he performed in Bologna, Italy. These latest results confirm those from previous testing, that the system outputs at least 6 times more energy than it consumes.

In addition to being a writer for Ny Teknik, Mats Lewan is also quite technically proficient. He holds a Master of Science degree in Engineering Physics from the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology. After reading through the many comments posted in response to Ny Teknik's coverage of the the E-Cat, Mats made sure that some of the most frequently voiced concerns would be addressed with his testing.

The first of these two tests was performed on April 19th, 2011 and the second was performed on April 28th. During both tests, multiple precautions were made to reduce any uncertainty in the measurements taken. First, the ammeter that was utilized to measure the electrical current input into the system (which powers the control circuitry and resistors that heat the reactor) was precisely calibrated. This is important to get an accurate measurement of total power consumption. Secondly, the water flow input was measured by weighing. This is more precise than simply measuring the flow rate from a spigot, which could potentially vary in volume over time. Third, the temperature probe was calibrated by submersing it in boiling water. The temperature of the boiling water was measured as being 99.6 degrees centigrade. This same probe later detected a temperature of 100.5 degrees centigrade when placed in the path of steam leaving the device. The significance is that due to the temperature of the steam being over 100 degrees centigrade, it is more certain the steam was dry (all the water being in the gas phase) and not wet (being mixed with a mist of liquid water). Any liquid water in the steam could throw off the calculations being used in the testing. Finally, any wireless transfer of energy was ruled out by checking the room for increased electromagnetic fields from 5 Hz to 3 GHz...

Interestingly, Andrea Rossi has announced that an E-Cat unit will be sent to both the University of Uppsala and the University of Stockholm for extended testing.

edit on 12-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianJohnson

What transmitted power levels and what antenna gain would be required to provide the amount of power displayed by the ECat?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Have been following this from day one and am liking more and more what I read.

Is this the start of energy freedom ? ... Somehow I doubt it. but we'll see.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice S and F.

I have been following this since the origional posting on here. Glad to see its not some hoax (at least not yet). I am curious if this is adaptable to cars...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I have been following this since the origional posting on here. Glad to see its not some hoax (at least not yet). I am curious if this is adaptable to cars...

If it is not a hoax it will be called one and buried so deep it will never see the light of day.

My Doctor in the 1960's knew of a cure for Rheumatoid arthritis

She took it in a foreign country and tried to get it passed the FDA here in the USA. She even appeared on TV where the camera focused on her rapping her disfigured knuckles on a desk.

Rheumatoid arthritis is much too big a money maker to ever allow a cure so it was BURIED. The same folks (Rockefellers) who own the pharmaceutical industry also own the oil industry and they will kill this as they did nuclear power competition.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Easy. Build a self-contained gen set and use it in place of a gasoline engine in a hybrid. Refuel once or twice a year.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianJohnson

A 30 KW RF Transmitter is not a little box to hide under a jacket on a chair.

Is a very big cabinet high 2 meter, wide 1,2 meter, and deep 60 cm. You can see a modern model here: www.nautel.com...
Beside that, to transform a radio signal in 30 Kw of heating power we need at least a 60 KW RF transmitter using of course a Yagi antenna to avoid dispersion.
A 60 Kw transmitter, is simply very huge (I couldn´t find a photo of it, as commercial ones generally stop at 40).
It need a huge cable, that Rossi couldn´t hide under the moquette (if there was) and moving all that materials inside the university would have been noticed... at least for the 10 people that need to move the cabinet.

to generate 60 Kw of power to the antenna (not a little one also that! Instead may be similar to the antenna of Radio Vaticano, to avoid to burn everything) is also necessary at least 80 kW of electricity... could he get access to that power without being noticed?

Last... a 60 kW transmitter would cook everything in his antenna nearby.

SO, thhis ipotesis is burn. Not meaning the E-Cat really works.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianJohnson
www....(nolink)/i/?rc18myyvharlcig

Your link is not working for me and you posted no comments. Care to summarize what it is you think the link says?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The E-Cat is being tested today in Bologna, Italy, by a group os scientists, and many bloggers and journalists are watching the tests.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, looks like the device ran without an external power source for 4 hours with dT about 5K and 600l/h water, means a power output of about 3.5kW. Which is equivalent to about 1.5 liter oil. This is for a 80 kg 30 liter box? Not very convincing imho.

source: "http://twitter.com/#!/raymond_zreick"

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Excluding the possibility of any trickery, it's really quite promising that it ran at all. ATS is where I'd expect to hear about any developments as they happen and there could be something in this process which would be quite a milestone.

top topics

join