It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonga Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I searched but didn't see anything posted on it.
I apologize if i poorly navigated the search function.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

5.2 100 miles SE Hihifo, Tonga
3.7 miles deep.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
it is very interesting just how many earthquakes, and natural disasters in general, are happening this decade. certainly feels like more compared to the decade before! and i'm guessing compared to the decade before that too! i personally don't subscribe to the idea that the world will end in 2012 and be destroyed, though i do believe that Earth changes (as well as changes within our solar system) do mean something and we as a civilisation will have to adapt to survive.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

Really nothing to report though.
What are you pointing out?
Earthquakes are normal, if there weren't any earthquakes for 48 hours anywhere I think we would worry more.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowlight
it is very interesting just how many earthquakes, and natural disasters in general, are happening this decade. certainly feels like more compared to the decade before! and i'm guessing compared to the decade before that too! i personally don't subscribe to the idea that the world will end in 2012 and be destroyed, though i do believe that Earth changes (as well as changes within our solar system) do mean something and we as a civilisation will have to adapt to survive.

it only seems like we have more because a decade ago we didnt have so much information at our finger tips..
with sites like ats, twitter, facebook etc, news like this fly's around the world in seconds, a small earthquake like this would never make the news or the newspapers..
also with our advances in science we can detect these things alot sooner and with more accuracy..
we have always had eathquakes on our planet, extreme weather, etc.. please dont believe all the fear mongering and hype about the end of the world..

new topics

top topics

join