It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The California Yosemite Park NIGHT CRAWLERS: Legend or Real Beings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
are absolutely identic to those we have seen previously: same shape, same walk... of the same creatures!
There is a Legend by Natives of that area that tell the story of strange creatures, deformed beings without body or arms but only legs, that walk, during the night, in the woods: The Night Crawlers.
The Natives, from centuries have carved huge statue in the wood that rapresent what they have seen.
There is an AMAZING similarity between the creatures captured by video cameras and these strange carved statues.... and I find it really disturbingly!
Coincidence? Legend or Reality?

The back story seems contrived and deliberately vague, and its release oddly coincides with the recent wave of these sort of videos.

Which "natives" would they be? Have you any supporting documentation of this centuries old legend of theirs?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
The first thing I though when I saw the video was, "guy on stilts".

Let's assume the creatures are real- why on earth would they wear all white clothing? Not to mention, all the way over their head.....???

To fake a video of "creatures" that are actually a couple of goofs on stilts. You answered your own question... Your first thought is likely the correct one.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Jaime is a fraudster no doubt, but just because he has jumped all over this case doesn't mean the case is a hoax.

If Maussan takes interest in something you can bet your ass that it's a hoax

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Really weird for me because they look NOTHING like any alien or ET i've ever heard anyone talk about.

However, Yosemite is the largest Magma hotspot in the world, so maybe they're monitoring that? Jus a theory...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Not sure about the latest footage but the original footage taken in the house back garden. They tried umpteen ways of replicating it, marionettes, stilt walkers etc and they simply couldn't come anywhere near producing anything that looked remotely like the original supposed footage.

The new footage, hard to say, it could be someone trying to cash in on the earlier footage and faking it somehow. The idea of marionette i would say is utterly preposterous as they would be have to be chuffin' huge and any mechanism for controlling them would be perfectly apparent. Stilt walkers? Possibly , then again, you try walking on huge stilts in the pitch black over rough ground without falling flat on your posterior or face.

I haven't a clue what we are seeing here or in the original footage, I suspect it's some sort of natural phenomenon that just happens to look like it is a *creature* because, the movement is that we associate with a living being. Maybe, we are seeing some sort of swarming by some very rare insect that does indeed give the impression of legs walking. That would give credence to the back story of the old legend about them.

My initial reaction to the second footage shown here was , yeah right...... that said, when they tried to replicate it, they couldn't. Ergo, to dismiss it out of hand when it seemingly shows up again is not only childish but very unscientific.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I remember seeing a video on these a little while back. In it they superimposed a shot from the same security camera taken in the day with a pushchair on the path. The tallest of the two things was only just as tall as the pushchair, so that pretty much rules out the stilts theory. It is mind-boggling.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
These things are just amputees with leprosy I mean c'mon.

Just like Bigfoot is a blurry gorilla.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm jealous of California. Black Triangles, other UFO's and Night Crawlers, that's pretty cool. Weird that they're being linked with Aliens though, maybe they're equally Cryptids. Am wondering if Cryptozoologists are reseaching them too, surely some are.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

N o doubt I WORKED IN THE PARK FOR NEARLY TWENTY YEARS.M y wife is native to the valley born and raised I think what we have here is some poking
back an forth So if I MAY...

IT WAS the belief of the Indian that in the beginning the Coyote-man made the world. Then taking the Frog-man with him he set out on a raft into the east. When they reached here the Coyote-man told the Frogman to dive down and bring up some earth, which he did.

p. 92

[paragraph continues] From the earth that the Frog-man brought up the Coyote-man made the land. Then from the home of the Coyote-man and the Frog-man came other people, the Lizzard-man, the Cougar-man, the Fox-man, the Fish-man, the Star-woman, the Grizzly-bear-woman, and many others. The Coyote-man was a witch doctor of great power, and after he had made the land so that it was good, he decided to make a perfect people to live on it. The Coyote-man wanted to make these people like himself, but the Lizzard-man said that it would never do to make people with paws like the Coyote-man as they would not have fingers with which to take hold of things. This suggestion made the Coyote-man very angry and he jumped at the Lizzard-man who ran and hid in the rocks. Then they argued for a long time and the Coyote-man finally agreed that the people should have a hand with five fingers like the Lizzard-man. They then decided that as the world was dark and cold there must be light and there must be fire. So the Little-white-footed-mouse was sent to a far away land to steal the fire, which he succeeded in doing. While being pursued by the Valley-people from whom he had stolen the fire the Little-white-footed-mouse, afraid of being caught, hid the fire in the buckeye and cedar trees. From there some of the fire shot up into the sky and became the sun, so there was light and heat, but some of it remained in the trees, and ever since the people have known that by rubbing the sticks of the buckeye or cedar together, they could make fire.
REF The lure and lure of Yosemite ,Chapter VI

top topics

<< 1   >>

join