It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas accepts 1967 borders, but will never recognize Israel, top official says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Hamas accepts 1967 borders, but will never recognize Israel, top official says

www.haaretz.c om

Speaking to Palestinian news agency Ma'an, Mahmoud Zahar says recognition of Israel would deprive future Palestinian generations of the possibility to 'liberate' their lands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Hamas would be willing to accept a Palestinian state within 1967 borders, a leader of the militant group, Mahmoud Zahar, told the Palestinian news agency Ma'an on Wednesday, adding, however, that Hamas would never recognize Israel since such a move would counter the group's aim to "liberate" all of Palestine.

Zahar's comments come amid Palestinian efforts to form a unity government that would include former rivals Fatah and Hamas, following a reconciliation agreement the two factions signed last week in Cairo.

Well, here you've got it. Hamas does not want to recognize Israel as it "would counter the group's aim to liberate all of Palestine." In other words, they eventually want Israel to vanish.

It's getting kind of pathetic how people on this forum think to know it all: Israel is evil and Palestine is good. Well I've got news for you. The situation is far from that black and white.

Hamas has done more damage to the Palestinian people than good. The fact that they are not interested in a real and permanent peace treaty uncovers their true intentions.

I understand Israel's reluctance to deal with Hamas. However, that doesn't justify their behavior towards Palestinians in general. Hopefully, a new Palestinian state will not be Hamas-led. Should the Palestinian people decide to go with them, they'll be digging their own grave.

www.haaretz.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-5-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hmm

let me get this straight then...

Hamas = Will recognise the 67 border with israel, with the one contingency that they do not recognise israel and inevitably try to push them into the sea...

So...no change then.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I share your point of view. Hamas knows that an official state would allow them to grow stronger, arm themselves to the teeth to sooner or later wage war on Israel, meaning that countless of innocent civilians will pay the price. You see, Hamas and the Israeli government are both evil, it is not just one or the other.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Hamas would be willing to accept a Palestinian state within 1967 borders, a leader of the militant group, Mahmoud Zahar, told the Palestinian news agency Ma'an on Wednesday, adding, however, that Hamas would never recognize Israel since such a move would counter the group's aim to "liberate" all of Palestine.

Zahar's comments come amid Palestinian efforts to form a unity government that would include former rivals Fatah and Hamas, following a reconciliation agreement the two factions signed last week in Cairo.

Well, here you've got it. Hamas does not want to recognize Israel as it "would counter the group's aim to liberate all of Palestine." In other words, they eventually want Israel to vanish.

Israel seems to want to see Palestine vanish. So what is your point?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hey OP what do you think about this, in addition to what you have posted?

Assad cousin to New York Times: No stability in Israel if there's no stability in Syria

Rami Makhlouf, a member of Syria's political elite, warns 'nobody can guarantee what will happen' if the Syrian regime falls; UN diplomats say Syria has dropped plans to run for seat on UN Human Rights Council.

A cousin and adviser of Syrian President Bashar Assad warned that unless there was stability in Syria, "there's no way there will be stability in Israel," the New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Rami Makhlouf, one of the political elite in Syria, gave a three-hour interview to the New York Times, but did not elaborate on the comment about Israel's stability, saying only "no way, and nobody can guarantee what will happen after, God forbid, anything happens to this regime."

There were recent rumors that Syria, one of Israel's neighbors in the north, would create a provocation along the border to divert attention from the growing protests against Syrian President Assad's regime.

www.haaretz.com...

edit on 12-5-2011 by surrealist because: Provide link to article

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I doubt they want to see Palestine vanish, but it is clear that Israel cares little about their fate either. Settlers can freely kill Palestinians and occupy or destroy their properties. The Israeli government doesn't get tough on them.

However, what exactly is your point, I acknowledged that the Israeli government is no better than Hamas. Unfortunately, there is a tendency here on ATS that the Israeli government is an evil oppressor while the acts of terrorists like Hamas are downplayed as mere resistance against the evil regime.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Has Israel recognized Palestine as a state,even before Hamas was in power??
I must of missed that part.....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I doubt they would engage in such activities as they don't want to wage war on Israel. Assad has strong backing of the military and they handle the situation "perfectly." Unless the West decides to bomb Syrian forces, there is no reason for Assad to risk waging war on Israel.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I doubt they want to see Palestine vanish, but it is clear that Israel cares little about their fate either. Settlers can freely kill Palestinians and occupy or destroy their properties. The Israeli government doesn't get tough on them.

However, what exactly is your point, I acknowledged that the Israeli government is no better than Hamas. Unfortunately, there is a tendency here on ATS that the Israeli government is an evil oppressor while the acts of terrorists like Hamas are downplayed as mere resistance against the evil regime.

I would consider Hamas to be more than rebels, considering they were democratically elected by the residents of Gaza. I definitely see a major problem when a group is democratically elected in democratic elections carried out by both the US and Israel, and they refuse to accept democracy because the pro-Israeli faction was not voted in.

Further, the US and Israel still call Hamas terrorists and continue to kill them (or support killing them, in the US's case). The definition of terrorism is creating destabilization through violence; The Israeli government is the terrorists here. Hamas, as the democratically elected government of Gaza, has a responsibility to protect Gaza against Israeli terrorists and invasion.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I don't think the people who lived in Judea and Samaria thousands of years ago would hardly recognize Israel either!

Yet the truth is, with new Palestinian elections coming up and a power sharing agreement taking place between Fatah and Hamas, it doesn't much matter if a political party, which is all they are going to be recognize something.

I think the pro-Zionists have been on these boards enough to know that many, many, many, and I do mean many, by the way have I said many people the world over, of all faiths and nationalities including many jews don't recognize Israel as a legitimate, international law abiding state, or one likely to sign treaties that many other nations do, or honor treaties that they sign.

Glad some of you imagine that Hamas feeling the same way, gives you license and excuse to do the above.

If the citizens of the world, versus the corrupt politicians of the world had a vote on Israel, no doubt it would have to conform to the above or be subjected to the same type of collective international military intervention so many other roque states suffer.

I would say count your lucky stars on that accord.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

I share your point of view. Hamas knows that an official state would allow them to grow stronger, arm themselves to the teeth to sooner or later wage war on Israel, meaning that countless of innocent civilians will pay the price. You see, Hamas and the Israeli government are both evil, it is not just one or the other.

If there is an offical state of palestine, and the government attacks israel, it is no longer some small skirmish and occupation of some areas where holdouts are at...its war...total big bomb erase an entire nation war followed by complete occupation for as long as israel wants (or until the war is over).

This could set off some nuke exchanging, which would be a pity considering there are some really cool historical buildings and such in the area, but frankly, I would rather have "all of them" lob nukes at each other than whatever will replace the nuke as the true devastation...
imagine a anti-matter bomb going off, creating giant potholes in the earth 5 miles deep being lobbed around..donno...perhaps its time everyone backs out and lets israel/palestine become the cautionary tale that the world watches and holds as an example why war should never be considered...nothing like watching half a billion become vapor to get some lessons on how to be civil and respectful to one another.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Israel isn't a saint I have no idea why anyone would support that pos country...and btw they stole that land no wonder they wont recognize the border

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I don't think any country should recognize Israel as a state!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
We as Americans, British, Canadians, Australians and every other country that has a soldier in a warzone right now have spilled enough blood for these crooks that, in the end, only want to dominate over every other free nation on this earth. We send them our soldiers, tax dollars and security and what do we get in return? Scammed by their offshore banks, brainwashed by their paid off media, and spit on and kicked in the face over and over again by their overly corrupt politians. Why? For God's sake someone please explain to me WHY we have to support this scum? Because they own 90% of Hollywood? Because almost everyone in power in almost every western nation has ties in some way to Israel? WE THE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT WAR!

Do I hate Jews? No, I do NOT hate all Jews. There are those, especially those in power in Israel, that are literally the scum of this earth. These people have been kicked out of every country they've ever set foot in throughout history for their corruption and greed and now, once again, they employ these same tactics on us; the free people of the world.

Im sick of watching our soldiers die to fight Israel's war. This land (that was stolen from the begining) should be stripped from this scum and given to those that deserve it.... who that may be I have no idea, but Israel should NEVER be seen as a state. They are not our friends, we are their slaves.
edit on 12-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Both sides will have to make concessions if there is to be any real chance at peace. That is just the way it has become in that region of the world. The longer the past is dwelt on and the wrongs done by both sides are highlighted, the longer it will take to move on and achieve a new beginning for both peoples.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What we need is a time machine so we can stop the holocaust so there would be no ``reason`` to create Israel.

Or go farther in time, take out Hitler. Or farther in time and take out the ``Adam and Eve monkeys`` and no problem in the first place since humanity won't ever exist.

Anyway, we could do lots of things with a time machine.
So Hamas should just stop war and develop time travel to solve the whole problem.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well, why dont we call Hamas for what they are? and Fatah to btw... The leaders of these groups i heavy controlled by zionists, supriced? dont be and thats that. The real name of these groups are TGE!
There is not any god in any religion thats telling the people to cover their faces and go out and killing people in gods name! what is this? this is sick&smart by the elite that they have manage to fooled almost everybody over the years, not any longer

Thes sob´s will find out time has finally catch up with their lying agenda. And so...what ever "Hamas" or other TGE groups are saying it is just BS! thats my thought about it.

edit on 12-5-2011 by stavis because: edit for credit

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What we need is a time machine so we can stop the holocaust so there would be no ``reason`` to create Israel.

Israel was decided way before WWII..
The Balfour treaty was written in 1917..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Vitchilo

Israel was decided way before WWII..
The Balfour treaty was written in 1917..

Oh how cute. The Federal Reserve was 1913. It only took 4 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join