It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Real life superheroes' fighting crime in New York

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

A group of crime fighters in New York who dress as superheroes say they patrol the streets of the city "to make life better for everyone".

"If you turn yourself into a nameless symbol, you can stand for so much more than just one person out there."

It sounds like something Batman might say.

The man speaking looks a bit like Batman too, in combat gear and a black leather face mask.

Full Story

Hmmm, you guys serious?!?!

Do you reckon they will make a difference, I won't put my money on it

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I fight crime everyday, just not in a goofy suit.

keep my eyes peeled.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

What's your super hero name?

link   
reply to post by Alpal

How interesting.

It'll be fun until someone gets shot, or either that will bring in for people to become "superheros"

link   
reply to post by Alpal

This just goes to show how the pop culture, has influenced the minds of so many impressionable people.

Proof that tv, movies etc, are all designed to make the human race into sheeple for the nwo.

VVV

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
yep , and he just need to say the magic word " SHAABLADOO" to instantly get dress in leggings and leather mask.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Sounds like a normal Friday night to me
HAHA!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Or perhaps it just goes to show the fact that some people just aren't capable of real life...

TV / Films / Music although do desensitize a lot of impressionable people they really only influence the minds of the select few with already underlying mental issues.

It's all fun and games till he gets stabbed or shot!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is definitely based off of the popular movie Kick-ass, as is this website.
www.reallifesuperheroes.org...

I dont think people need to wear costumes\masks or give themselves an alias. What you really need is a taser, mace, and some defensive measures.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If they really want to fight crime they should go to D.C.
That's where the villains of this nation congregate.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Not the only one.
In Queensland, Australia is another...

Captain Australia

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
yep , and he just need to say the magic word " SHAABLADOO" to instantly get dress in leggings and leather mask.

He needs a magic word to put on leggings and a leather mask??

Hold on, did I just say that out loud

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Sometimes I am embarassed to be British...

Tunbridge Wells Ninja

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Does it matter how they dress when they are actually getting off their butts to do something.. anything.. to start taking back the streets so they are safe for everyone?

Remember the Subway Angels when they first began? They made a difference for sure.

All these "superhero" folks need now is about 50 more men in each district/suburb to join them in their patrols each night... volunteers?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think the whole thing is great. I don't see why anyone would have issue with people going out of there way to lookout for there fellows.

Personally I hope this movement becomes mainstream.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Or perhaps it just goes to show the fact that some people just aren't capable of real life...

TV / Films / Music although do desensitize a lot of impressionable people they really only influence the minds of the select few with already underlying mental issues.

It's all fun and games till he gets stabbed or shot!

Pretty much exactly right....I had some buddies that were Guardian Angels back when I was in College, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on patrol with them one night. I imagine that these 'superhero' types are much like my buddies....except perhaps a tad more delusional about real life. My buddies were located in Orlando...which was admittedly not the roughest city in the world...mainly tourists. So when I went out with them, we were treated like part of the show....People were getting pictures taken with us and everything....very odd. Now a bigger city I can imagine a group like the G.A.'s actually getting into some somewhat dangerous situations...but I sure didn't see anything like that with my group....Although some in the group were quite serious about it, I think others were doing it more just as a way to show off. These 'real' superheroes are likely (for the most part) doing it for the same reason..I'm not that concerned about those doing it for show primarily....I'd be more concerned about the occasional delusional comic book geek who takes one martial arts class and thinks he's now a ninja....which I'm sure there are at least a few involved with this that would fit that category. Those are the ones that will likely get themselves killed, by actually trying to stop some gang fight in progress.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaissezFaire
This is definitely based off of the popular movie Kick-ass, as is this website.
www.reallifesuperheroes.org...

I dont think people need to wear costumes\masks or give themselves an alias. What you really need is a taser, mace, and some defensive measures.

Actually the comic book itself was based on such real life 'superheroes'....the phenomenon of people doing this, started at least a few years before this comic book even came out, let alone the movie.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hell we here in Finland got one too , the costume is ...should i say.... thats it, im speechless

laserskater.suntuubi.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Damn you Alpal! I was just coming here to post this

I was actually suprised after watching Kickass that this sort of things been going on for some time, not just as a reaction to the movie. I don't really know what to make of it, I'm certainly not gonna critisize them for getting off arse and trying to do something good, just hope they don't take things too far.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72
Hell we here in Finland got one too , the costume is ...should i say.... thats it, im speechless

laserskater.suntuubi.com...

I have seen it...

I can never un-see it!

(Makes batman seem downright masculine!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join