It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape of women in DR Congo 'tops 1000 a day'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Yeah, some real investigation would be good but like I said - we won't be having it anytime soon. I think people are still too afraid of the answers being counter to what they would like them to be. Until we get past the emotion of race we will never have any definative answers.

This sums it up excellently.
The problem, in short, is political correctness. Until people learn to value the truth above all, we will simply get nowhere. Emotion or logic? The answer should be obvious.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

The problem isn't political correctness. I am open to a discussion on black people having primitive genes. The problem is you have no proof that this is true as I have previously posted before, where as their is proof that becuase of their enviroment -which has often come as a result of un-popular IMF, WTO, WBO and U.S treasury backed economic reforms- they are inclined to support more primitive actions.

Show me definitive proof that it is in their genes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Well I suppose that the real question is this: What would you consider "proof"? Really. Is there any way at all that you could ever be convinced of this (imo) obvious truth?

Okay, here's a rhetorical question for you: Can you prove that a cat's genes are significantly different than a human's genes? Regardless, I assume that you believe that cats are significantly, INNATELY different than humans are...but why would you believe such a thing? After all, couldn't it be fair to say that any perceived differences between the two aforementioned species are nothing but an illusion based on socio-economic differences?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The proof I need is scientific. Once you provide me scientific evidence that a black mans genes/DNA/chromosones are different -in a way which make them more stupid and primitive- to a white mans chromosones/DNA/genes then I will believe it. The difference between Cats and Humans is that there is proof cats have different genes, infact cats don't even have the same amount of chromosones as us. Comparing white and blacks to humans and cats is like comparing apples to oranges.

The socio-economic proof is there and is well documented. I have presented it and in return you have only claimed that Black people are more primitive to White people becuase "it is in their genes".

edit on 17-5-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

I'm not attacking you for being racist- infact I believe you have put foward an important discussion, one that may be uncomftable for the politcally correct- however that isn't me.

My understanding of science is limited. However what I learnt is that there isn't a particular gene that controls human nature. Infact I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as human nature only human behaviour.

As for your claim that states they have had oppurtunities to progress- I must say that is incorrect. Take South Africa as a case example. Once Apartheid ended the Black people ended up poorer. Why? - They may have ended all racism on the politcal level but they didn't end it on the economic level. The same rich people (mostly white) control the economy and infact it became worse. The IMF and WBO forced upon South Africa unpopular and harsh economic reforms that caused extreme poverty in other countries where the reforms passed (Russia- 72 million people launched into poverty living on less than 4 dollars a day, Chile, Argentina, Indonesia, China, Brazil and many more which I can list). They passed these reforms to obtain debt relief- from a debt that they inherited from the apartheid years.

Colinization may be over, but Africans are subjected to economic imperialism. You may think it is bogus and I understand it is diffuclt to understand.

You do raise a good point. Many african socities are tribal socities and this means they are less advanced then we nation-states. However this dosen't mean they can't change- we white people lived in tribes once.

Have you noticed the most primitive tribes with the oldest technology in Africa rape the least, comit the least crimes and stay in touch with the land the most? It weird hey.

Your forgetting one thing about South Africa that everyone always forgets. Most Black Africans in South Africa today where brought to South Africa as Indentured Servants after the British ended their five year war with the Boer Republic(a peaceful Republic that didn't even have a standing Army when the war began) by genocide(the first concentration camps where used against Boers).

The British wanted South Africa's gold and diamonds. The Boers wouldn't allow it and the Zulu and other peoples native to South Africa weren't too keen on trusting the British. Heck Sub Saharan Blacks only migrated to South Africa naturally within a few centuries if that before the Boers arrived.

If you want to talk about South Africa you better be prepared for the whole story instead of your Black nationalistic racist nonsense.

As per the relations between the races, they evolved culturally and physically different. Let's face it us Nordic Caucasians evolved on a limited land mass constantly fighting. We are practically biological killing machines. The only reason we are starting to grow up is because we got too good at war. So good we became a threat to ourselves. We can't expect to do a copy and paste job and expect it to work someplace else.

As for Congo the best thing we could do is end all trade with them. Put UN forces along the border and shoot anyone trying to bring modern weapons into that nation. They just aren't culturally ready for our horrible weapons. It is like an ET coming down and handing out plasma guns like it's candy one Halloween.

Could you imagine the carnage if ET's or an advanced human civilization started handing out AK-47's after the fall of Rome? Because that is how severe the end of colonial rule was. For them it might as well of been the fall of Rome.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

The proof I need is scientific. Once you provide me scientific evidence that a black mans genes/DNA/chromosones are different -in a way which make them more stupid and primitive- to a white mans chromosones/DNA/genes then I will believe it. The difference between Cats and Humans is that there is proof cats have different genes, infact cats don't even have the same amount of chromosones as us. Comparing white and blacks to humans and cats is like comparing apples to oranges.

The socio-economic proof is there and is well documented. I have presented it and in return you have only claimed that Black people are more primitive to White people becuase "it is in their genes".

edit on 17-5-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

This isn't a popular topic but there are differences between the races/ethnicity's that go deeper then skin color. It doesn't change the fact that as human beings we are each capable of achieving sentience(higher degrees of awareness), nor does it change the fact that we are all unique perspective points in time and space.

Ask yourself if there is differences between dog breeds and there is your answer. In the proper environment, with the proper training(education) it shouldn't matter between a pit or a golden retriever. It is just in certain circumstances that certain results are more likely.

Look at Germans and German blooded peoples, we have a propensity for going bat&*^% wrathful crazy. Look at Anglo's, they tend to be control freaks when they lose it. We all have good and bad in us all. Some of it is genetic while some of it is cultural/circumstances of life.

Heck look at diseases and how they can affect the races differently. Look at medications. The same meds that might help me might hurt a person of a different race. Racial equality isn't about making sure everyone is absolutely equal, it is about making sure we are all TREATED equal by the legal, political and economic systems within our given abilities and life choices.

A person should know what genetic predispositions, handicaps or advantages they have or else they can never improve themselves, nor will they be able to move beyond naturally imposed limitations; if such limitations exist in the first place.

-----
A hypothetical example: Person A is genetically predisposed towards insanity+smarts, person B is genetically predisposed for lesser smarts while having more regulated behavior. Person A only finds out person B is predisposed towards lesser smarts so person A goes into a narcissistic rant of superiority while person B feels a great deal of indignation. While if person A and B knew the full facts they could each take different steps to move beyond their natural limitations. Person A could of spent more time meditating, thinking(self reflection), while person B could of spent more time hitting the books.

If we can't acknowledge our differences and similarities like adults how the heck could we ever accept a more advanced or lesser advanced sentient alien species without destroying ourselves or them?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Black nationalist racist BS? I am discussing contemporary socio-economic conditions. It is a FACT that the IMF and WBO economic reforms passed as Mandela was negotiating with the old apartheid government. Infact I critisize Mandela for this as it made his people poorer than before and the members of the old government richer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join