It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape of women in DR Congo 'tops 1000 a day'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i wonder how much of this is drug fueled. i remember reading about african gangs, they would do copious amounts of coc aine which made their minds rather twisted and enabled them to do some horrendous activities like rape, murder, cannibalism. and most of them were children.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The concept of "racial equality" is a goddamned JOKE. Sure, all human groups are capable of savagery, but it's a matter of numbers, attitudes, exceptions and rules. I mean, really, could you imagine stuff like this going on in Europe? Probably not. It may happen, but it is not the rule.

Just compare the general behavior of Africans with Europeans and try to tell me that "we're all the same" (with a straight face, I mean).

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

Europeans did atrocious things to each other during the dark ages, lest not forget. If you really want to get into it...just consider all the torture devices that were developed during that time. Europe may be a place where there is more civility and decorum, but it's something that evolved with time. Africa should have been left alone....
Much of the African tribes had subsisted in this continent as hunters and gatherers before the introduction of colonialism and farming. This had more adverse affects in this part of the world, despite their good intentions. I think they were better of as they were before. Not everything that works for Europeans will work in the same manner in other parts of the world. Just saying.
It's best not to meddle.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Its key to note that many of these rapes are performed with bayoneeted rifles

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The concept of "racial equality" is a goddamned JOKE. Sure, all human groups are capable of savagery, but it's a matter of numbers, attitudes, exceptions and rules. I mean, really, could you imagine stuff like this going on in Europe? Probably not. It may happen, but it is not the rule.

Just compare the general behavior of Africans with Europeans and try to tell me that "we're all the same" (with a straight face, I mean).

You obviously have forgotten things like to roman empire.... The Spanish inquisition.... The Vikings blood eagle etc

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I commented before but it got modded which 1 understands when fire speak occures. But those who do this deserve to experience the nephilim freed upon their flesh so they can get to point of judgment fast. 1 cannot wait for a day when can be free to walk face to face spirit to spirit w/ these ignorants. Selfish in their intent are they. As I always say their screams are felt and heard from beyond which triggers a questioning as to whats going on which causes and interaction.

SMH at them taking advantage because the feel none are observing them behave as food......

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by James1982

I'm not excusing these actions, they ARE savages...and they ARE also human. I'm posing the question as to what forces are behind these atrocities.
Get off your high horses, these type of atrocities happen all throughout history and everywhere humans have settled. If you at least want to face the subject intelligently you should do a little research.

I never said rape doesn't happen anywhere else. But I bet you it doesn't happen at the rate it does there. And I don't need to be on a high horse to condemn rapists.... even those that most people consider scum could still condemn rapist, they are the lowest beings that I could think of next to people that torture and kill others.

My post wasn't completely directed towards you as I don't know your personal opinions on the matter, but in general that is the excuse used for these types of things "Well their country is in bad shape, you can't blame them" Instead of actually being sick with the people that do this stuff many people like to pass the blame around to others. Not going to cut it, in my opinion. Raping people is not a defensible action in any way at all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I've forgotten nothing. And I do think that my point stands.
As I said....well....just read the post again. I do think I make a lot of sense.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
this is over whelming. it's beyond tragic. I don't even know if we have a word for it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I would educate you, but I can see you are just trolling.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
i wonder how much of this is drug fueled. i remember reading about african gangs, they would do copious amounts of coc aine which made their minds rather twisted and enabled them to do some horrendous activities like rape, murder, cannibalism. and most of them were children.

That is really the only way I could understand this...

If they start drugging kids up when they are 10 years old, then 10 years go by of being an addict who's mind has turned to mush, it's still an awful thing and NONE of the blame is gone, but at least I could understand the reasoning there. How can you guard against that? A little kid can't really stop someone older from drugging him up, and once addicted, there isn't a whole lot to be done without any sort of help to quit. Which I'm sure they don't get, they probably get encouraged.

But not economics.... I've been poor my whole life, right now I'm well fed and live comfortably, but in my younger years I had some pretty rotten times and I've never even though about raping people. Even if I did, it would have been my fault, not someone elses.

This is just like how people blame the west for infecting Africans with AIDS. They don't want to blame themselves for not being able to control their sex drives. Don't have sex or shoot up, and you wont get AIDS. It's pretty simple, yet somehow people still blame the west for Africans having AIDS. Just ridiculous.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm not going to say I think Black people are worse than white people, because I don't. But I will say this, it is a fact that per capita they commit (well, technically get convicted) of more crimes than any other race. That is a fact, and it's either Culture or it's Genetics. There is no other options. Yet people refuse to accept either one as being the culprit. Pick one or the other, because there is no other way to explain in.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

you left out economics. there was a time the ghettos were full of irish and chinese and italians

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In these cultures, rape is even more poignant a cultural destruction phenomena. Women have less economic, cultural and legal individuality.

When a woman or girl is raped, her legal and cultural family protections of her birth or spousal family are stripped of her. Parents get rid of the girl. Men leave their wives and the children they have with them.

The crime of being a victim then is also assigned to those children, in losing their cultural / economic / legal protector, AND in being associated as being a child of the raped woman. All of which makes it more likely that those children will also be victims.

It promotes the ultimate destruction of culture, as culture is embeded in the family unit, and specifically in the Mother-Child relationship. Leading to a complete break down of the society.

Rape happens to boys and men too. I know. The insidiousness of the culture position of women here makes the prevasiveness of this crime a crime against society which is the point I am addressing here.

This society is a victim of its own horrible behaviour. Their enemies KNOW the impact of using their bias against women against them.

The men of this society are preventing women from full participation, AND they are pursuing and protecting thier own rights to be rapists, and encouraging the destruction of their culture and society in the way they are treating their women and children.

The destruction of the family unit, and the subjugation of women is the golden key to complete societal breakdown.

And the men of the Congo embrace it fully.
edit on 2011/5/12 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

No, I'm telling the truth.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What good is a conclusion that stands no chance of producing a fair resolution? it's good for pointing fingers and laying blame. That's why it's good to consider what you don't know when tempted to draw a conclusion with that method.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No, I'm telling the truth.

ok, I'll play even tho I know you are just trying to wind people up. if you go back far enough in your family tree, where will you find yourself ? in eastern Africa of course. so your premise is silly on the most basic of levels.

Europeans and the americans have perfected murder to the point that many have become numb to the sheer numbers, probably as self defense.

recent estimates put the death toll fromn WWII at 40 million, with 20 million civilians. now that's an accomplishment !

here are some points of reference for you;

vlad tepes

firebombing of dresden

hiroshima and nagasaki

spanish anihilation of the americas

spanish inquisition

stalin

salem witch trials

crucifixion

I never thought I would have to educate someone on the fact that whitey has the market cornered on murder and torture and just insanity

this is getting too depressing.

if you want to include asia, you can check out the most awful event in human history, the rape of nanking.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

you left out economics. there was a time the ghettos were full of irish and chinese and italians

I left out economics on purpose because being poor is no excuse for raping and killing people.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Where's batman and superman?

I think I should move there.. I've always wanted to be a vigilante. Anyone with me?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Europeans did atrocious things to each other during the dark ages, lest not forget. If you really want to get into it...just consider all the torture devices that were developed during that time. Europe may be a place where there is more civility and decorum, but it's something that evolved with time. Africa should have been left alone....
Much of the African tribes had subsisted in this continent as hunters and gatherers before the introduction of colonialism and farming. This had more adverse affects in this part of the world, despite their good intentions. I think they were better of as they were before. Not everything that works for Europeans will work in the same manner in other parts of the world. Just saying.
It's best not to meddle.

All of this is true. However the current conflicts in Africa have more to do with various proxy wars being fought there than old school colonialism. Whether the vestiges of the cold war, newer power grabs by African nations themselves, China gaining influence or even independents with the help of mercenaries.

Europeans may have taught them the tactics but the story doesn't end there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join