It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Pilot Nearly Misses UFO During Routine Vertical Roll!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
As I was poking around in the games and extras section of the USAF website I was watching the thunderbirds do there routine maneuvers when one of the vids revealed something quite shocking in the clouds. Here is the link to the usaf "games and extras" section www.airforce.com... please click the "fly with the thunderbirds tab below, once media viewer has opened click the video titled "Vertical Rolls"
Can someone please tell me what the shadow is that quickly moves away from pilot as he starts rolling the jet?

also new to ats so im not really sure how to bump this post up to the top if anyone can help would gladly appreciate
edit on 12-5-2011 by Vickfan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

US Pilot Nearly Misses UFO During Routine Vertical Roll!
So if he didn't miss it he must have HIT it

edit on 12-5-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My guess it is the shadow of the plane.
Look closely, you will see the contrail as well.

Cool vid, with the different cameras.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You mean this?

That’s the complex (airbase/airport) that he took off from high altitude. He is climbing really fast when doing that maneuver.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arlestron
My guess it is the shadow of the plane.
Look closely, you will see the contrail as well.

Cool vid, with the different cameras.

I had the same observation, shadow from the plane. Those are some cool videos though!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I seen what you are saying... You have to use the view of the plane from the ground. It looks as if a cloaked object takes off from a stand still in the clouds as if to avoid being struck as the jet starts its first roll.

There is no way possible that this can be said to be a shadow of the plane... U can see the clouds and trail affected by the high speed evacuation of the unkown object...
edit on 12-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: spell

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vickfan
As I was poking around in the games and extras section of the USAF website I was watching the thunderbirds do there routine maneuvers when one of the vids revealed something quite shocking in the clouds. Here is the link to the usaf "games and extras" section www.airforce.com... please click the "fly with the thunderbirds tab below, once media viewer has opened click the video titled "Vertical Rolls"
Can someone please tell me what the shadow is that quickly moves away from pilot as he starts rolling the jet?

At the beginning of the rolls I only see what appears to be the shadow of the pilot's own jet being cast over him at times, However, I do see a small face that looks like it is wearing a white "costume party" mask appear in the upper left section of the screen just as the pilot finishes the rolls. Whatever this ethereal image is, it disappears/moves away very quickly.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Ahh… this then:

Appears to come out of the cloud to the left and goes off to the right.
Might just be the planes own shadow on the clouds, hard to tell though as its so fast and incorporeal.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
I seen what you are saying... You have to use the view of the plane from the ground.

The way I see it is, as he flies through the contrail (that already exists from some earlier plane) you see his shadow on that contrail. Moving quickly, as his jet is.
Yes, shadows can be cast onto clouds, too.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

lol thank you..... you are a godsend now i know im not crazy and am the only person that saw this......man think of the technology of flight one must have if this was an actual craft of some sort.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

no you have to switch view to outside of the pilots jet

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ok let me see your evidence any evidence of a shadow having 10 times the speed of the object creating it. I think you will find the speed of a shadow will match that of whatever is creating it.
edit on 12-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This is def not a SHADOW from the plane ... it moves much faster and doesn't match the plane nor, the way the plane is moving... It also has it's own contrail

At first i thought i came out of the engine but I'm not positive, ..... S&F ...

Lets find out what this Air Force Boy has stumbled upon !
edit on 12-5-2011 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think I know what this is. Its an optical illusion created by the thin contrail that is dissipating as he is passing through.

[please excuse my crude drawing here]

What we think we are seeing is the one on the left, which would generate a shadow on the ground, but in reality it’s the one on the right, which would generate a shadow on the cloud. While the plane appears to be moving slowly to us, because its moving away from us, it is actually moving close to 700 knots, and as its cutting across the sun the shadow on the contrail will show that high rate of speed. I know its moving at close to the speed of sound because immediately before the maneuver the plane produces a Prandtl–Glauert singularity (shockwave vapor cone):

edit on 5/12/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I would go with what another member has already suggested and take a guess that its probably the air force base the pilot took off from that we are seeing in the video. Its too unclear to determine what it is exactly but I'm sure if it is was anything to do with aliens of UFO's, the government would never have put the video out there or would have smartly edited it. I'm no expert but I don't think it is a contrail unless it was the one left behind by that pilot?! Strange stuff, thanks for posting.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I think the theory of Prandtl–Glauert singularity having caused this should be dismissed because it has a unique signature which always looks like this...

I didnt see this transpire did you? your capture does not show this, it would be a circular cone originating from the rear edges of the jets wings and would have hid much of the jet from view...
edit on 12-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

sounds like a very good explanation but you would almost have to knw the position of the sun in respect to the shadow its causing the jet to make, as in the speed of the plane relative to the speed of the shadow lol which would be somewhat hard to find out

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

not quite because its vertical maybe you cant make out the cone shape a Prandtl–Glauert singularity usually has, and i havent seen a vertical one yet

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

This 'unique signature' varies due to the fact that the vertical motion is not actually flying in a straight consistent line. The motion of still turning upward, is in a way, swinging the back end around and underneath the front of the jet.

I don't actually know what I am talking about. So even though this is written as a statement, it is actually a question.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It didn’t cause it, it simply shows the speed of the aircraft as being at or approaching the sound barrier, or somewhere around 700knots (depending on variables). Posters were saying that the aircraft was not moving as fast as the shadow, but that is simply a matter of perspective from us viewing the aircraft from behind as it moves away. The aircraft is moving exceptionally fast if you viewed it from the side, and as the sun is hitting it from the side and above the shadow will reflect that speed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join